🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Blumenthal, The Liar, Says He Won't Legitimize Barrett's Nomination

But when he directly counters the constitution and what it says by calling the proceedings illegitimate.

He's not countering the constitution. I don't know why this is so difficult for you.
Yeah he is, he's saying this process is not Constitutional....it is, he's a liar

You got a quote for that? Or are you just making it up?

It's ok. I know you don't.
Quote for what? Blumenthal or the Constitution?

Blumenthal.

Oh right, opposing parties in the WH and Senate have only filled two such vacancies in US history. It was nothing unprecedented or even unusual for that matter.

Personally, I wouldn't have an issue if they had a vote and declined the nomination. That happens.

But they didn't even have a vote.

You can sleep better knowing your side elects senators who are more beholden to power than they are the constitution.

You're doing it again. None of his actions are against the constitution.

If you think otherwise, then site the specific part of the constitution that you don't feel he is complying with.
He made a FALSE STATEMENT , he said the process was illegitimate, meaning Unconstitutional, that is a LIE, it is untrue and the Senator KNOWS it. And so do you.

But when he directly counters the constitution and what it says by calling the proceedings illegitimate.

He's not countering the constitution. I don't know why this is so difficult for you.
Yeah he is, he's saying this process is not Constitutional....it is, he's a liar

Blumenthal.

From the OP:
Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee and will play a role in confirmation hearings, said he would oppose her confirmation “as I would any nominee proposed as part of this illegitimate sham process, barely one month before an election as Americans are already casting their votes.”

So what do I get, a blow job? A cookie?

And this from the article shows how Blumenthal does not understand the role of SCOTUS or the separation of powers.

"If Judge Barrett’s views become law, hundreds of millions of Americans living w/pre-existing conditions would lose access to their health care. In the middle of a pandemic, rushing confirmation of an extreme jurist who will decimate health care is unconscionable," he said on Twitter.

“I will refuse to treat this process as legitimate & will not meet with Judge Amy Coney Barrett,” he tweeted.

He can go fuck himself.

Hope he was a good Marine (a better marine than he is a senator).

He made a FALSE STATEMENT , he said the process was illegitimate, meaning Unconstitutional, that is a LIE, it is untrue and the Senator KNOWS it. And so do you.

Illegitimate according to the McConnell rule.
There is NO RULE dumb ass. Or perhaps you can post for us the Senate rules and the link to the specific rule in question? And he meant it was unconstitutional.

Not really.

The McConnell rule says "If you own the senate, you get to confirm or not confirm who you want when you want".

Fuck off.

Blumenthal.

From the OP:
Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee and will play a role in confirmation hearings, said he would oppose her confirmation “as I would any nominee proposed as part of this illegitimate sham process, barely one month before an election as Americans are already casting their votes.”

I think you guys are trying really hard to twist definitions here.

Blumenthal.

From the OP:

As usual, you play the literalist role and are failing at it.

Fuck off and die (hopefully from Covid).

We're moving on.

There is NO RULE dumb ass. Or perhaps you can post for us the Senate rules and the link to the specific rule in question? And he meant it was Constitutional.

He didn't mention the constitution. You're trying REALLY hard to mash those two puzzle pieces together.

There is NO RULE dumb ass. Or perhaps you can post for us the Senate rules and the link to the specific rule in question? And he meant it was Constitutional.

He didn't mention the constitution. You're trying REALLY hard to mash those two puzzle pieces together.
BE SPECIFIC FUCKWAD and explain what he menat when he said nominating her was illegitimate? What Law what bill what process makes it so?

Blumenthal is an asshole.

He clearly does not understand much about anything.

No wonder Conn. is such a fucking loser of a state.

BE SPECIFIC FUCKWAD and explain what he menat when he said nominating her was illegitimate? What Law what bill what process makes it so?

Someone sounds cranky.

Show me where he mentioned the constitution, specifically.

Like I explained to someone else. This prick has tried this on other threads. He plays the literalist and then ducks and dodges.

We can see that:

1. He does not realize that the process is totally legitimate.
2. His statements about her confirmation give rise to political stump speech that is full of bullshit predictions. He does not realize that SCOTUS does not concern itself with social issues (unless you are Harry Blackmunn...a total asshole).

Blumenthal.

From the OP:

HE called it an illegitimate process....the Constitution says he's wrong.......it's legit....next time don't do stupid stuff or win a majority.....it really really helps

What exactly is the issue here? Conservatives are upset with something related to the Supreme Court?

Neat. Maybe you can make up a rule to address it and then throw it away whenever it's convenient.

The issue is Blumenthal calling a valid constitutional process illegitimate. And refusing to meeting with the nominee.

Then the thread gets derailed because Coyote has some issue with McConnell hiding behind a Biden speech (that was completely meaningless....but which McConnell called the Biden Rule) as a smokescreen for not having a hearing for Garland.

To which I say Tough Shit.

When you own the senate you don't need rules.

You have the constitution.

Suck on it.

Does the Constitution say that he has to meet with the nominee?

Why don't you go read it for yourself and find out.

The answer is no.

So what does the constitution have to do with this?

What is it about "shall" that you don't understand?

Article 2, Section 2, Clauses 2 and 3
and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court,

Someone sounds cranky.

Show me where he mentioned the constitution, specifically.

RetiredGySgt ...this is what I mean. It's circular.

We know Blumenthal has demonstrated his ignorance on several fronts (including, apparently when and where he served).

Don't respond to this prick.

Forum List

Back