🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bobby Jindal takes stand for history

L
What history does New Orleans have in the Civil War?

They surrendered in like two weeks
Louisiana was apart of the CSA therefore the entire state has history in the war for southern independence.

They have about as much history as the French in WWII

They surrendered so quickly
The state of Louisiana?

Battles in Louisiana tended to be concentrated along the major waterways, like the Red River Campaign.

Battle of the Head of Passes
Battle of Baton Rouge
Battle of Bayou Bourbeux (aka Grand Coteau)
Battle of Blair's Landing
Battle of Calcasieu Pass
Battle of Donaldsonville I
Battle of Donaldsonville II
Battle of Fort Bisland
Battle of Fort De Russy
Battle of Forts Jackson and St. Philip
Battle of Georgia Landing
Battle of Goodrich's Landing
Battle of Irish Bend
Battle of Kock's Plantation
Battle of LaFourche Crossing
Battle of Mansfield (aka Sabine Cross-Roads)
Battle of Mansura
Battle of Milliken's Bend
Battle of Monett's Ferry
Capture of New Orleans
Battle of Plains Store
Battle of Pleasant Hill
Siege of Port Hudson
Battle of Stirling's Plantation
Battle of Vermillion Bayou
Battle of Yellow Bayou Battle of Henderson's Hill

All in Louisiana. Oh and New Orleans was captured over a year after seceding. So not really that fast.

L
What history does New Orleans have in the Civil War?

They surrendered in like two weeks
Louisiana was apart of the CSA therefore the entire state has history in the war for southern independence.

They have about as much history as the French in WWII

They surrendered so quickly
The state of Louisiana?

Battles in Louisiana tended to be concentrated along the major waterways, like the Red River Campaign.

Battle of the Head of Passes
Battle of Baton Rouge
Battle of Bayou Bourbeux (aka Grand Coteau)
Battle of Blair's Landing
Battle of Calcasieu Pass
Battle of Donaldsonville I
Battle of Donaldsonville II
Battle of Fort Bisland
Battle of Fort De Russy
Battle of Forts Jackson and St. Philip
Battle of Georgia Landing
Battle of Goodrich's Landing
Battle of Irish Bend
Battle of Kock's Plantation
Battle of LaFourche Crossing
Battle of Mansfield (aka Sabine Cross-Roads)
Battle of Mansura
Battle of Milliken's Bend
Battle of Monett's Ferry
Capture of New Orleans
Battle of Plains Store
Battle of Pleasant Hill
Siege of Port Hudson
Battle of Stirling's Plantation
Battle of Vermillion Bayou
Battle of Yellow Bayou Battle of Henderson's Hill

All in Louisiana. Oh and New Orleans was captured over a year after seceding. So not really that fast.

Back then they called Louisiana ....Surrender monkeys

Nikki Haley sacrificed her future political career on the altar of political correctness. That has to be worth something.

She did not do it for political correctness. She did it for her soul and just as importantly, she did for the unity of this country.
She did it to protect South Carolina from the strong-arm tactics of the democrats who are dividing this country.

Nikki Haley sacrificed her future political career on the altar of political correctness. That has to be worth something.

She did not do it for political correctness. She did it for her soul and just as importantly, she did for the unity of this country.
She did it to protect South Carolina from the strong-arm tactics of the democrats who are dividing this country.
She did it because she couldn't look the families of the dead in the eye if she continued to fly that flag

The person who pulled down that flag was Dylann Roof

She did it because she couldn't look the families of the dead in the eye if she continued to fly that flag

No, it was those who used it as an excuse to apply fascist ignorance.

LOL this the first time I have seen an actual moron claim the flag did the killing. LMAO..wow or it was a reason for it..LOL....wow.

Democratic party tends to be biased towards Indian Americans. So Indian Americans who want to enter politics tend to gravitate towards Republican party.

--- Huh?
ScratchHead.gif

This is the view of Indian Americans who have entered politics. I will try to find some links later to support my statement when I get a chance. Right now, my wife is hounding me to go check out San Francisco as it is a beautiful day out here.

It simply doesn't add up. Why would a constituency intentionally ally against a party that represents its interests?

:lmao: typical leftist indoctrination at work. They literally cannot see past the programming.

Odium, my family has lived in the South since the late 1600's. They lived first in Virginia, then Tennessee, and then Georgia. My great grandfather fought for Tennessee for 4 years. He was captured, traded, captured again, escaped, and shot in the leg in the Battle of Franklin. But, your redneck racist rants, and offensive posts, make me ashamed that our families were on the same side.

Your ass is now on "ignore"

Last edited:

It was long overdue.....the flag had become a symbol of racists

LOL this the first time I have seen an actual moron claim the flag did the killing. LMAO..wow or it was a reason for it..LOL....wow.

The killer celebrated the flag as supporting his views

It was long overdue.....the flag had become a symbol of racists
Only to racists, including and especially those who object.

The killer abused the legacy of the flag for his views much like those who object to that flag.

Odium, my family has lived in the South since the late 1600's. They lived first in Virginia, then Tennessee, and then Georgia. My great grandfather fought for Tennessee for 4 years. He was captured, traded, captured again, and shot in the leg in the Battle of Franklin. But, your redneck racist rants, and offensive posts, make me ashamed that our families were on the same side.

Your ass is now on "ignore"
^ SUPPOSEDLY is from the south but hates it so much he lives in North Mexico :D Kiss my ass traitor.

The Virginia Army battle flag doesn't represent murdering 9 people. Period. By that standard we need to ban all Gold's Gym shirts and close all Gold's Gyms.

She pandered and in the process hurt her chances of advancement

Democratic party tends to be biased towards Indian Americans. So Indian Americans who want to enter politics tend to gravitate towards Republican party. Republican party tends to pander to nutcases who love to fly confederate flag. This creates a dilemma for Indian American politicians. This is the dilemma Nikki Haley found herself in. She made the moral and just decision and if her career survives this dilemma then this will be a good moral victory for all Americans who believe in the unity.

Dems tend to be biased towards Indian Americans? Where did you find that tripe?

I get that part -- DP is identified with minorities, the poor, women and immigrants. I don't get his next sentence, that therefore they run as Republicans. Doesn't add up.

I meant to say Democratic party tends to be biased against American Indians. That is why Indian Americans tend to flock towards Republican party which I thought was more accepting of Indian Americans. Anyway, I did some search online to see if I could find some links to support my understanding of the situation. However, what I found on the internet surprised me. It turns out that 84% of Indian Americans voted for Obama. This puzzles me that Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal joined Republican party contrary to general Indian American trend. This could be because both of them converted to Christian religion and therefore found support among mainstream Christian population. After all Indian Americans who are Hindu and followers of other Indic religions form a very small fraction of the U.S. population. Therefore no politician can really count on winning an election based on Hindu support. This lack of political clout is what at occasions emboldens American politicians to utter racist remarks about Indian Americans which they will never dare about other American ethnicity. Rep Tulsi Gabbard is the only Hindu in the U.S. Congress.

So the question is why are there no Indian Americans getting nominated by Democratic party? They do not find support in the Democratic party is the only reason I can think of for their absence in the Democratic party.

Democratic party tends to be biased towards Indian Americans. So Indian Americans who want to enter politics tend to gravitate towards Republican party. Republican party tends to pander to nutcases who love to fly confederate flag. This creates a dilemma for Indian American politicians. This is the dilemma Nikki Haley found herself in. She made the moral and just decision and if her career survives this dilemma then this will be a good moral victory for all Americans who believe in the unity.

I get that part -- DP is identified with minorities, the poor, women and immigrants. I don't get his next sentence, that therefore they run as Republicans. Doesn't add up.

I meant to say Democratic party tends to be biased against American Indians. That is why Indian Americans tend to flock towards Republican party which I thought was more accepting of Indian Americans. Anyway, I did some search online to see if I could find some links to support my understanding of the situation. However, what I found on the internet surprised me. It turns out that 84% of Indian Americans voted for Obama. This puzzles me that Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal joined Republican party contrary to general Indian American trend. This could be because both of them converted to Christian religion and therefore found support among mainstream Christian population. After all Indian Americans who are Hindu and followers of other Indic religions form a very small fraction of the U.S. population. Therefore no politician can really count on winning an election based on Hindu support. This lack of political clout is what at occasions emboldens American politicians to utter racist remarks about Indian Americans which they will never dare about other American ethnicity. Rep Tulsi Gabbard is the only Hindu in the U.S. Congress.

So the question is why are there no Indian Americans getting nominated by Democratic party? They do not find support in the Democratic party is the only reason I can think of for their absence in the Democratic party.

Uhm, no.

The Democratic Party gets upwards of 90% of the American Indian vote.

Bobby Jindal wanted to join the democratic party, but we have our standards, especially when it comes to anyone who wants to run for office, and frankly, Jindal didn't make the cut.

Your correction is surprising then, because in general the DP (accurately or not) is identified with minorities and immigrants, which would certainly seem to include Indians. And one recalls the insult on Haley as a "raghead" (apparently from an ignoramus who conflates "Indian" and "Sikh") was a rival Republican.

Actually it's quite comical.... "wears a ruby between her head"? A "Sheik"?

Actually Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal are the only Indians I can think of in politics at all, and as noted they're both governors of red (and Southern) states, so they'd pretty much have to be Republican to win office, just as they would have had to be Democrats 50 or 100 years ago. But no, what you found on your search would be exactly what I would have expected. Whether (again) accurate or not, racists and bigots are generally associated with the RP, not the DP.

Seems to me if an Indian American in general -- in a state or region that isn't monoparty, in other words absent outside mitigating influences -- were to seek office, we'd more likely see him or her do so as a Democrat. For the same reason we generally see blacks, Latinos/Latinas and women do so.

Forum List

Back