Boehner supports military action in Syria...

You may be correct. I checked Google, and there is nothing but bloggers talking Syrian involvement could lead to Obama impeachment. Links like this were typical. Hunter: Obama inviting impeachment if he strikes Syria without Congress - Washington Times No reputable news organizations are saying anything.

As an Indy when I hear Republicans use the word "impeachment" it reminds me of getting a rap on the hand from a teacher in grade school. Impeachment is nothing since Republicans misused it on former President Clinton. It is not like it would remove President Obama from office.

When Andrew Johnson was impeached it was because he was a bipolar drunk who screwed up reconstruction after the Civil War. It was a big deal. Impeachment is nothing, a pimple. It sure has not hurt former President Clinton's career.
And CLINTON WAS Impeached for JUST SEX...?

Yes he was...and for LYING to the Court, TO the People...BARRED from Practicing LAW...

Obama has done FAR WORSE.

You are not going to get an argument out of me. Perhaps those on the right would do well to realize that the Clinton Impeachment was and is viewed by most as a petty Republican issue. No one cared. If I had sex outside my marriage, I would lie to.

Technically, George W. Bush should have been impeached for lying about weapons of mass destruction, but the DNC dismissed the idea after seeing the backlash on Republicans for impeaching President Clinton. Frankly, no one did anything about weapons of mass destruction until we started looking into Syria seriously. I think that in the next week we are going to see a real test of Obama. If Obama sends us to Syria, I predict major Congressional wins for Republicans in 2016.

I am not going to argue about Obama. He is a mediocre POTUS. I voted for Obama, but really I voted against the last two whack jobs Republicans have nominated for POTUS. McCain changed his strategy weekly, and by election day he was viewed as a senile old man. Obama did not really win the election, McCain gave it to Obama. Romney was an elitist, and insulted voters on Social Security as freeloaders, Hispanics, GLBTQ, and women. I always thought these two photos summed up the election of 2012.

notice-the-difference-romney-shoe-shine.jpg

If Republicans nominate Chris Christie, and Democrats pick Hillary Clinton, that would be a REAL choice in my book. Speaking as an Indy, I could vote for either of them.​

.​
Perhaps ALL politicans understand that WE ARE AWAKE and taking notes?

Oh, yeah, our CiC will fire the missiles once he has every senator and congressperson committed one way or the other.

And CLINTON WAS Impeached for JUST SEX...?

Yes he was...and for LYING to the Court, TO the People...BARRED from Practicing LAW...

Obama has done FAR WORSE.

Technically, George W. Bush should have been impeached for lying about weapons of mass destruction, but the DNC dismissed the idea after seeing the backlash on Republicans for impeaching President Clinton..[/LEFT]

Still with stupid Bush lied and people died crap. No amount of factual information will stop the B.S. people spew out. Please read the following carefully, because if you do, you'll have to call a lot of Dems liars as well.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Absolutely right call by the Speaker.

war mongering reactionary ^

^^^ that's you, yes: thanks for being honest

You hate all those not like. Remember when you wrote http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/311132-boehner-supports-military-action-in-syria-3.html I admit to hating someone that hates me because I'm white. That is you and Obama

No one, much less or your Dear Leader, hate you because your white. However, we won't let your paranoia on race poison America as it did for hundreds of years.

Your tough luck.

Technically, George W. Bush should have been impeached for lying about weapons of mass destruction, but the DNC dismissed the idea after seeing the backlash on Republicans for impeaching President Clinton..

Still with stupid Bush lied and people died crap. No amount of factual information will stop the B.S. people spew out. Please read the following carefully, because if you do, you'll have to call a lot of Dems liars as well.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

You are asking too much of USMB viewers. Each of these quotations must be taken in context. What happened before the statement, and what happened after?

I am sure you could take any president and find somewhere a quote that says "Fuck you." But, it is meaningless unless you can take it in context. A list of quotes can easily found to twist the words of Republicans out of context too. In fact it was the stupid remarks about senior citizens, Social Security recipients, Hispanics, GLBTQ, Blacks, Jews that cause elitist Mitt Romney to lose the presidency. Romney's platform of "cut taxes for the rich," did not help him either.

romneywire16n-1-web.jpg

Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes - Top 10 Dumbest Mitt Romney Gaffes

"1. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."-Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012. More than any other statement this quote is credited with costing Mitt Romney the presidency. Independent voters like myself ran to the mediocre Barack Obama because Romney appeared to be threatening my grandfather's Social Security check.

Last edited:
Obama is not invading anyone.

Let's stay in reality.

reality is, he is trying and reality is if we don't keep the pressure on him, he will. obama is your typical left wing reactionary. he truly believes he has a mandate because he was reelected. he couldn't be more wrong on this one.

Moveon, a left wing propoganda and fund raising organization took a poll. Should the USA get involved in Syria? now most people voting on this poll are there left wing supporters. the results were 73% no. there is no poll taken that supports obama's proposed actions. in fact the only ones that do support it are the left wing reactionaries and a handfull of terrorists in the middle east

You know as well as I do that there are people left, center, and right on this Board that support various types of offensive action.

No indication of America invading Syria exists, even in the slightest.

Should BHO strike Syria, it will be within the limits he has already stated.

Obama is not invading anyone.

Let's stay in reality.

reality is, he is trying and reality is if we don't keep the pressure on him, he will. obama is your typical left wing reactionary. he truly believes he has a mandate because he was reelected. he couldn't be more wrong on this one.

Moveon, a left wing propoganda and fund raising organization took a poll. Should the USA get involved in Syria? now most people voting on this poll are there left wing supporters. the results were 73% no. there is no poll taken that supports obama's proposed actions. in fact the only ones that do support it are the left wing reactionaries and a handfull of terrorists in the middle east

You know as well as I do that there are people left, center, and right on this Board that support various types of offensive action.

it's merchants of death such as you and dear leader that want to kill innocent civilians

it's merchants of death such as you and dear leader that want to kill innocent civilians

Can you stay on OP? The last thing we want or need in this country is the president following the advice of the far right reactionaries or the libertarian wings.

You are asking too much of USMB viewers. Each of these quotations must be taken in context. What happened before the statement, and what happened after?

I am sure you could take any president and find somewhere a quote that says "Fuck you." But, it is meaningless unless you can take it in context. A list of quotes can easily found to twist the words of Republicans out of context too. In fact it was the stupid remarks about senior citizens, Social Security recipients, Hispanics, GLBTQ, Blacks, Jews that cause elitist Mitt Romney to lose the presidency. Romney's platform of "cut taxes for the rich," did not help him either.

romneywire16n-1-web.jpg

"1. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."-Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012. More than any other statement this quote is credited with costing Mitt Romney the presidency. Independent voters like myself ran to the mediocre Barack Obama because Romney appeared to be threatening my grandfather's Social Security check.​
Partisanship hanging out there in the wind? WHERE did the WMD's go to? Assad has them and now the Rebel faction replete with AQ radicals have them as well...sorry...take the partisan crap and go elsewhere...ROMNEY is a nice diversion...and YOU fail...

Can you stay on OP? The last thing we want or need in this country is the president following the advice of the far right reactionaries or the libertarian wings.

you and the dear leader want to exterminate christians

Because your Islamic dear leader has drones patrolling the ME killing Islamic jihadists?

Any evidence for your opinion? :lol:

you and the dear leader want to exterminate christians

Because your Islamic dear leader has drones patrolling the ME killing Islamic jihadists?

Any evidence for your opinion? :lol:

Daily Kos: Al Qaeda rebels attack ancient Syrian Christian Village; 50,000 Christians ethnically cleansed

here ( it's even your beloved daily kos)

Christians in Syria kidnapped and killed | Barnabas - Christian persecution

Christians Being Persecuted in Egypt | Heartland Ministries

you and Obama hate christians

And nothing that shows that Obama wants to kill Christians.

So you want Syria in such a hysteria that Christians are in danger.

You hate Christians by your logic. :lol:

war mongering reactionary ^

^^^ that's you, yes: thanks for being honest

You hate all those not like. Remember when you wrote http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/311132-boehner-supports-military-action-in-syria-3.html I admit to hating someone that hates me because I'm white. That is you and Obama

No one, much less or your Dear Leader, hate you because your white. However, we won't let your paranoia on race poison America as it did for hundreds of years.

Your tough luck.

you are a fraud, liar and a racist

go away to your mud hut shit hole and leave civilized people alone

There are certain subjects that appear or become racist, like it or not. Muslims, Islam and Jihad, are one of them. The simple truth is Muslim extremists want to wipe out western culture, and steal what we have built for themselves. The rest of the Muslim community sits quietly by and condones the actions of their radicals. Let's look at the numbers and consider things objectively.

LaJ2M.jpg

Yep, any Muslim is a threat to the rest of us.

Islamic_Cartoon6.gif

The will of the people duck is invested in the pres and the congress.

Only symbolically. Go peddle that shit to some naïve fucker. Americans don't want this.

Both of you are right.

What shocks me is that 14 months from now, 80+ percent of those who vote for this misadventure in Syria will be returned to their seats.

If you're not going to vote them out for financial mismanagement, and you're not going to vote them out for foreign policy mismanagement, what is these people have to do to get voted out?

romneywire16n-1-web.jpg

"1. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."-Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012. More than any other statement this quote is credited with costing Mitt Romney the presidency. Independent voters like myself ran to the mediocre Barack Obama because Romney appeared to be threatening my grandfather's Social Security check.​
Partisanship hanging out there in the wind? WHERE did the WMD's go to? Assad has them and now the Rebel faction replete with AQ radicals have them as well...sorry...take the partisan crap and go elsewhere...ROMNEY is a nice diversion...and YOU fail...

Sock_puppet_of_infinity_by_otakuota.gif

As usual, you did not read the thread before posting. If you are going to dish it out, you are going to have to learn to take it. As an independent, I get attacked by everyone, but you quickly write off the political sock puppets who vomit party lines in USMB.

Let me dumb it down for you. Political statements only have value when they are given in context. For example if you said "Kill all Japanese" on December 6, 1941 you would have been branded a racist. After the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 you would have been called and "angry patriot."

Pearl-Harbor.jpg

But he is the highest ranking republican there is. Sort of the voice for them...so if he is a dupe, aren't all of them?

Its so fun watching the right squirm on this one. It really is.

we are squirming with hilarity watching you lrftards back military action after hating Bush for doing the same thing Barry does and wants to escalate

so if Barry is incompetent aren't all of them?

The will of the people duck is invested in the pres and the congress.

Only symbolically. Go peddle that shit to some naïve fucker. Americans don't want this.

Both of you are right.

What shocks me is that 14 months from now, 80+ percent of those who vote for this misadventure in Syria will be returned to their seats.

If you're not going to vote them out for financial mismanagement, and you're not going to vote them out for foreign policy mismanagement, what is these people have to do to get voted out?

The limited strikes advocated by the Administration hardly constitute a ‘misadventure.’

Iraq/Afghanistan was a misadventure.

‘Worst case’ with regard to the limited strikes is they’ll have no effect. If Assad refrains from using chemical weapons on his people again then the action realized its goal. But it won’t tip the advantage toward the rebels and the outcome in Syria will be the same whether the limited strikes are launched or not.

In light of the Libyan precedent, the only reasonable basis to object to the limited strikes is they won’t change anything, resulting in only a waste of ordnance.

But the notion that the limited strikes will result in some ‘dire, cataclysmic disaster’ on the same scale as Iraq/Afghanistan is partisan idiocy.

Consequently, advocating ‘voting out’ members of Congress because they supported the limited strikes in good faith is hardly justifiable; there are far better reasons to ‘vote out’ a given member of Congress.

The president's decision will be weighed by Americans, our allies, and our enemies.

I can see clearly that many on this Board do not support our administration, the French, the Arab League, and Israel, all of whom are fully aware that what happens or not will be weighed carefully by Syria's allies, Iran and Hezbollah.

moveon.org today joined the extremes of far right and far left.

All from right center to left center must realize the extremes joining together shows they are playing only politics, not with is right and moral.

Forum List

Back