Book of Mormon a bunch of crap?

The Bible tells us that if we ask, we can receive, that if we seek we shall find, that if we knock it shall be opened into us.

It teaches that if we lack wisdom we can ask God who gives it liberally

It teaches us to prove all things

It teaches us that we can learn truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Those are the exact principles at play in Moronis promise. IF we seek to know it’s true through study and prayer. IF we ask in faith, the Lord will show us it’s true by the power of the Spirit.

As for you comments about Christians not seeking converts, that’s absurd. Christ specifically commissioned His Saints to preach the gospel and draw men to Him

And the Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool there is to bring men to Christ
Christians do not need to become Mormons. The book of Mormon is not superior in anyway to the Bible.. It's purely a necessary stepping stone to other books that promote the "mormon" doctrine. There is no doctrinal teaching regarding Christ which doesn't already exist in the Bible. No one becomes saved by becoming Mormon. A person becomes saved by becoming Christ's adopted brothers and sisters. ALL SAVED CHRISTIANS GO TO THE CELESTIAL PLACE KNOWN AS HEAVEN.

Then you have nothing to fear by reading the book for yourself and asking the Lord
I read the Book of Mormon ---- TWICE. And GOD pointed out to me its many contradictions. God's ways are not man's ways. Unfortunately, the book of Mormon is a fabricated attempt at humanizing GOD.

God is a man. We are created in His image. The entire New Testament is about God becoming mortal and atoning for our sins. And He did this so that we can know Him and become like Him.

Are you claiming you received revelation after taking Moroni’s challenge?

Sorry! GOD is a SPIRIT. Jesus emanated from GOD to become a man. True we are created in GOD's image; however, that is meaning that we like GOD are creative in nature and like GOD we are TRIUNE. We possess a BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT. And egg is triune in that it is made up of a shell, a yoke, and an egg white. HOLY, HOLY, HOLY --- which always was, now is, and shall ever be! The heavens are triune, in that there is a Celestial, Telestial and Terrestrial

The Father has a body as the Son has. The Son can only do what He saw the Father do.

All human beings, male and female, are created in His image.

Just as when Adam bore his son Seth in Genesis 5:

Genesis 5:1-3
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Christians do not need to become Mormons. The book of Mormon is not superior in anyway to the Bible.. It's purely a necessary stepping stone to other books that promote the "mormon" doctrine. There is no doctrinal teaching regarding Christ which doesn't already exist in the Bible. No one becomes saved by becoming Mormon. A person becomes saved by becoming Christ's adopted brothers and sisters. ALL SAVED CHRISTIANS GO TO THE CELESTIAL PLACE KNOWN AS HEAVEN.

Then you have nothing to fear by reading the book for yourself and asking the Lord
I read the Book of Mormon ---- TWICE. And GOD pointed out to me its many contradictions. God's ways are not man's ways. Unfortunately, the book of Mormon is a fabricated attempt at humanizing GOD.

God is a man. We are created in His image. The entire New Testament is about God becoming mortal and atoning for our sins. And He did this so that we can know Him and become like Him.

Sorry! GOD is a SPIRIT. Jesus emanated from GOD to become a man. True we are created in GOD's image; however, that is meaning that we like GOD are creative in nature and like GOD we are TRIUNE. We possess a BODY, SOUL and SPIRIT. And egg is triune in that it is made up of a shell, a yoke, and an egg white. HOLY, HOLY, HOLY --- which always was, now is, and shall ever be! The heavens are triune, in that there is a Celestial, Telestial and Terrestrial

The Father has a body as the Son has. The Son can only do what He saw the Father do.

All human beings, male and female, are created in His image.
The Bible doesn't say that. The Father is a Spirit and those that worship Him do so spiritually and in truth. The Son was given a body so that HE could walk among man.

John 4:24 Complete Jewish Bible
24 God is spirit; and worshippers must worship him spiritually and truly.”

John 1:14 The Word (fulfillment of the Bible) became human and lived with us, and we saw His Glory, the Glory of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

Last edited:
The Bible tells us that if we ask, we can receive, that if we seek we shall find, that if we knock it shall be opened into us.

It teaches that if we lack wisdom we can ask God who gives it liberally

It teaches us to prove all things

It teaches us that we can learn truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Those are the exact principles at play in Moronis promise. IF we seek to know it’s true through study and prayer. IF we ask in faith, the Lord will show us it’s true by the power of the Spirit.

As for you comments about Christians not seeking converts, that’s absurd. Christ specifically commissioned His Saints to preach the gospel and draw men to Him

And the Book of Mormon is the most powerful tool there is to bring men to Christ

Your beliefs are no more valid than Mormons

My beliefs are grounded in the Word of GOD --- nothing more and nothing less and have 2000+ years of heritage. Mormons have all kinds of additional literature that they imagine overrides the Bible and appeared 200+ years ago.

Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

When the Lord was angry with Moses he would not let him see his face. So he covered him with his hand as he passed by. He let Moses see his back parts but not his face. So, God has a face, hand, and back parts. At other times Moses spoke to God face to face:

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Revelation 3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Deuteronomy 5:15-16
15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Psalm 27:8
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

In what image is our resurrected Lord in?

Luke 24:36-40
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Revelation 1:13-18
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The resurrected Lord who was dead but now is alive for evermore never again to be separated from his resurrected body.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 14:9-10
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus is in the express image of his Father's person. They look alike! Jesus is a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones. The Father is no different. Jesus only does that which the Father hath done.

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

All in the Bible.

Doesn't matter much what they believe; it seems to work for them, and they are mostly nice people, believe in the Protestant work ethic, and have some great emergency planning strategies. I buy my stores from them, and have for over 20 years now. they have their weirdos and freaks but not nearly as many as 'new atheist' tards do, so they're still a lot more preferable and useful to society than you deviants and gimp Jesus haters are or ever will be, so there is nothing to complain about re Mormons..
Mormons as a whole seem to be very nice people; however, as a Christian, I totally realize that "nice" people need Jesus Christ as much as those who are openly sinful. People who sin really know that they are sinful --- good people often feel that they are good enough. Christ tells everyone everywhere that no one is good enough and all need the Savior!

I'm an agnostic, so it's the social and public results that I find supportable; I leave all the theological cat fights to the believers to wrestle among themselves over. As a whole, the Christian paradigm was a highly welcome and enlightened social revolution, and a great positive influence where ever it was allowed to thrive. It's solely responsible for the freedoms and relative affluence the West benefits from today, even as it declines here. That will all soon go away, though, it's already a major downhill slide for the U.S. as it abandons the Christian cultural influences in favor of mindless self-indulgence and corrupt pseudo-intellectiual faddisms. It's hilarious how the assorted deviants and sociopaths try and claim it's 'rationalism' they're supporting.

All of the Abrahamic Religions and their bastard versions come from Sumerian Mythology and much was added over the years from Greek, Roman, Druid and others.

lol rubbish.
It's undeniable Christianity took on the rituals of other religions. Apart from that...

Sumerian mythology claims that, in the beginning, human-like gods ruled over Earth. When they came to the Earth, there was much work to be done and these gods toiled the soil, digging to make it habitable and mining its minerals.

The texts mention that at some point the gods mutinied against their labour.

When the gods like men
Bore the work and suffered the toll
The toil of the gods was great,
The work was heavy, the distress was much.
Anu, the god of gods, agreed that their labour was too great. His son Enki, or Ea, proposed to create man to bear the labour, and so, with the help of his half-sister Ninki, he did. A god was put to death, and his body and blood was mixed with clay. From that material the first human being was created, in likeness to the gods.
http://www.ancient-origins.net

And again...

Typically, features of resemblance are pointed out between the Abrahamic traditions and those of far greater antiquity, in the effort to trace the borrowing and amendations that may have resulted in the Abrahamic stories. While there are obvious and striking similarities between, for example, the Sumerian myth of Enuma Elish and the later Abrahamic stories of creation, and the cataclysmic flood in the 11th tablet of the epic poem The Epic of Gilgamesh and the Noahic Deluge of Abrahamic legend, there are also a number of other, finer points of similarity shared with other religions of Middle-East. On the basis of such numerous similarities, it is theorized that the Abrahamic myths either originated in Chaldean mythology itself, or at least borrowed heavily from it, as such similarities seem unlikely to have appeared by chance.
Abrahamic mythology

Last edited:

My beliefs are grounded in the Word of GOD --- nothing more and nothing less and have 2000+ years of heritage. Mormons have all kinds of additional literature that they imagine overrides the Bible and appeared 200+ years ago.

Your beliefs are based on what you think the Bible says.

If you believed the Bible you’d be Mormon

Same could be said about the Bible.

Is there really better proof supporting the bible over the book of mormon? Doubt it.

The Holy Spirit testified that both the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. All you have to do is take the challenge

Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

When the Lord was angry with Moses he would not let him see his face. So he covered him with his hand as he passed by. He let Moses see his back parts but not his face. So, God has a face, hand, and back parts. At other times Moses spoke to God face to face:

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Revelation 3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Deuteronomy 5:15-16
15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Psalm 27:8
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

In what image is our resurrected Lord in?

Luke 24:36-40
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Revelation 1:13-18
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The resurrected Lord who was dead but now is alive for evermore never again to be separated from his resurrected body.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 14:9-10
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus is in the express image of his Father's person. They look alike! Jesus is a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones. The Father is no different. Jesus only does that which the Father hath done.

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

All in the Bible.
What does the Father do? He does what is good and perfect! Moses was allowed to view GOD in part and that is what the verse is driving at. The verses that you found cannot be judged on their own. The entire Bible brings an understanding of the absolute meaning. There is poetry in the Bible. Jesus is the embodiment of GOD. God the Father and the Holy Spirit are not seen in the sense of a physical manifestation. God the Father is a blinding light and so whether Christ is standing to the right of this light or the verse is symbolic of the position Christ has submitted Himself to (as a segment of the 3 three in one) is something man can consider This is the Messiah's station alone. And it is likely that Moses observed not the Father but a Christophany (meaning he saw a preincarnate view of the Messiah). An Human being could not exist in nothingness (before Creation). God is not in subjection to any other "God" being. The Three Created everything that is both the visible and the invisible. GOD was and then He created.

Last edited:
All of the Abrahamic Religions and their bastard versions come from Sumerian Mythology and much was added over the years from Greek, Roman, Druid and others.

lol rubbish.
It's undeniable Christianity took on the rituals of other religions. Apart from that...

Sumerian mythology claims that, in the beginning, human-like gods ruled over Earth. When they came to the Earth, there was much work to be done and these gods toiled the soil, digging to make it habitable and mining its minerals.

The texts mention that at some point the gods mutinied against their labour.

When the gods like men
Bore the work and suffered the toll
The toil of the gods was great,
The work was heavy, the distress was much.
Anu, the god of gods, agreed that their labour was too great. His son Enki, or Ea, proposed to create man to bear the labour, and so, with the help of his half-sister Ninki, he did. A god was put to death, and his body and blood was mixed with clay. From that material the first human being was created, in likeness to the gods.
http://www.ancient-origins.net
And again...

Typically, features of resemblance are pointed out between the Abrahamic traditions and those of far greater antiquity, in the effort to trace the borrowing and amendations that may have resulted in the Abrahamic stories. While there are obvious and striking similarities between, for example, the Sumerian myth of Enuma Elish and the later Abrahamic stories of creation, and the cataclysmic flood in the 11th tablet of the epic poem The Epic of Gilgamesh and the Noahic Deluge of Abrahamic legend, there are also a number of other, finer points of similarity shared with other religions of Middle-East. On the basis of such numerous similarities, it is theorized that the Abrahamic myths either originated in Chaldean mythology itself, or at least borrowed heavily from it, as such similarities seem unlikely to have appeared by chance.
Abrahamic mythology

lol even more silly rubbish. You're clearly completely illiterate on anything to do with the history of the region. Stick to worrying over Britney Spear's latest boyfriends or what Lil Kim is wearing today.

Forum List

Back