Book of Mormon a bunch of crap?

So the bible is true? So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?
Did it ever occur to you that Australia was not a Continent until some centuries after the FLOOD? I can find error in the book of Mormon and an attempt to make the book of Mormon sound like a poor rendition the King James Bible. I can find nothing wrong with the Bible.
Geologic record shows that Australia was attached to the other continents 250 million years ago when there were also dinosaurs. So did the flood happen 250 million years ago and wipe out the dinosaurs?
The issue has always been that such ancient dates are based entirely on the belief that the various minerals and rocks were not created swiftly by the CREATOR. I believe they were created quickly and that these elements were mixed up as a result of the FLOOD. This means that when a fossil is discovered in what appears to be very ancient material, in fact it is eroded and redeposited material reloacated by the FLOOD with the breaking up of the surface of the earth from volcanic, meteoric, and hydraulic events surrounding the FLOOD.

The dinosaurs being usually quite large would in fact be the easiest to find. Any man not killed (possibly obliterated by an asteroid collision) would have made every effort to move to higher ground that was quickly disappearing. It is my contention that when man is discovered around dinosaurs it is overlooked and or considered only the result of a landslide or burial. There is too strong a belief that man could not have lived among the dinosaurs among agnostics. The reality is that in the Bible there is every indication that not only man but animals lived to be very old. Imagine just what a 900 year old chicken or lizard might has looked like. There is no way presently to prove the age of any given dinosaur when it expired. There is though building evidence that the flesh of these animals and DNA could not survive millions of years and this pose an anomaly.
"I believe they were created quickly and that these elements were mixed up as a result of the FLOOD". What do you base this on? Science tells us otherwise. Is science just pure crap?

"It is my contention that when man is discovered around dinosaurs it is overlooked" there were no humans 250 million years ago when dinos roamed. So you think all the scientists in the world are hiding things from us?
I believe the Bible. Yes, I do firmly believe that discoveries that could undermine evolution and old universe ideology have been stored until some adaptable "logical" explanation can be discovered. Science is not crap. However, educated guesses and preconceived notions can distort the truth --- even work around it. All scientists are not involved in the STUDY of evolution but I can imagine that everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet --- just trying to seem agreeable. People who rock the boat are not usually respected by their peers. Frankly, "troublemakers" are seen as not good for business...
People who rock the boat in science are usually the ones who make the discoveries.

Science has proven a lot of the things in the bible wrong, like how do you explain that there's no geologic record of a worldwide flood, EVER?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of Him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? for My Father is greater than I"

Funny thing is I came to the same conclusion only I didn’t decide to start my own religion.I wonder how many preachers went into the ministry realizing this. It is the perfect racket for a con man.Wasn’t there a Steve Martin movie about those preachers who get fed information thru an earpiece? They walk around healing people. If that shit were true we would have taken my mom with Alzheimer’s to get her cured
`
That's not even the tip of the iceberg, to wit;
`
55morm2.jpg

All tax exempt.

Exodus 33:20-23
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

When the Lord was angry with Moses he would not let him see his face. So he covered him with his hand as he passed by. He let Moses see his back parts but not his face. So, God has a face, hand, and back parts. At other times Moses spoke to God face to face:

Exodus 33:11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Revelation 3:21
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Deuteronomy 5:15-16
15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Psalm 27:8
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

In what image is our resurrected Lord in?

Luke 24:36-40
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Revelation 1:13-18
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The resurrected Lord who was dead but now is alive for evermore never again to be separated from his resurrected body.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

John 14:9-10
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus is in the express image of his Father's person. They look alike! Jesus is a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones. The Father is no different. Jesus only does that which the Father hath done.

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

All in the Bible.
What does the Father do? He does what is good and perfect! Moses was allowed to view GOD in part and that is what the verse is driving at. The verses that you found cannot be judged on their own. The entire Bible brings an understanding of the absolute meaning. There is poetry in the Bible. Jesus is the embodiment of GOD. God the Father and the Holy Spirit are not seen in the sense of a physical manifestation. God the Father is a blinding light and so whether Christ is standing to the right of this light or the verse is symbolic of the position Christ has submitted Himself to (as a segment of the 3 three in one) is something man can consider This is the Messiah's station alone. And it is likely that Moses observed not the Father but a Christophany (meaning he saw a preincarnate view of the Messiah). An Human being could not exist in nothingness (before Creation). God is not in subjection to any other "God" being. The Three Created everything that is both the visible and the invisible. GOD was and then He created.

You want to know more about Moses discussion with God read this:

Moses 1

Same could be said about the Bible.

Is there really better proof supporting the bible over the book of mormon? Doubt it.

The Holy Spirit testified that both the Bible and Book of Mormon are true. All you have to do is take the challenge
So the bible is true? So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

We’ve already had this discusss taz. You didn’t really like the answers then I see no evidence you want to hear it now.

God bless

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

When the Lord was angry with Moses he would not let him see his face. So he covered him with his hand as he passed by. He let Moses see his back parts but not his face. So, God has a face, hand, and back parts. At other times Moses spoke to God face to face:

11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The resurrected Lord who was dead but now is alive for evermore never again to be separated from his resurrected body.

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus is in the express image of his Father's person. They look alike! Jesus is a resurrected man with a body of flesh and bones. The Father is no different. Jesus only does that which the Father hath done.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

All in the Bible.
What does the Father do? He does what is good and perfect! Moses was allowed to view GOD in part and that is what the verse is driving at. The verses that you found cannot be judged on their own. The entire Bible brings an understanding of the absolute meaning. There is poetry in the Bible. Jesus is the embodiment of GOD. God the Father and the Holy Spirit are not seen in the sense of a physical manifestation. God the Father is a blinding light and so whether Christ is standing to the right of this light or the verse is symbolic of the position Christ has submitted Himself to (as a segment of the 3 three in one) is something man can consider This is the Messiah's station alone. And it is likely that Moses observed not the Father but a Christophany (meaning he saw a preincarnate view of the Messiah). An Human being could not exist in nothingness (before Creation). God is not in subjection to any other "God" being. The Three Created everything that is both the visible and the invisible. GOD was and then He created.

Moses 1

The more I read about mormonism the more I like. It's wild stories aren't any wilder than any other religion people here tell me about. And all the people I meet are really nice. The part where god told Joseph Smith all the religions were corrupt? That really resonates with me. LOL.

All in the Bible.

Moses 1

The more I read about mormonism the more I like. It's wild stories aren't any wilder than any other religion people here tell me about. And all the people I meet are really nice. The part where god told Joseph Smith all the religions were corrupt? That really resonates with me. LOL.

Read the Book of Mormon sometime. You’ll be surprised

All in the Bible.

Moses 1

I got the same thing I did out of reading the koran, old and new testament. Nuthing. Maybe a few laughs.

Dear TNHarley and Avatar4321
Following Joseph Smith or Rev. Moon is like following Rush Limbaugh or Obama. you are still responsible for following the Constitution, regardless which bias or belief you favor.

Likewise with religious teachers or leaders, you are still responsible for following God's laws, whether scriptural laws in the Bible or natural laws of the secular and civil authorities.

Jesus fulfills both paths or laws as the spirit of Justice and Peace or Restorative Justice.

This goes for both secular gentiles under Natural Laws that Jesus fulfills as Universal Justice to establish one Truth, as for believers under Scriptural laws and authority.

Regardless of the biases of Joseph Smith and the Mormons, I have seen Avatar speak honestly and consistently as a witness to God's truth especially on natural laws.

This is up to each individual regardless of which role models or teachers we follow or emulate. These preachers or speakers can be flawed or false, but as long as we can discern what is true and accurate, we can still be valid witnesses to God's truth. And I see that in Avatar who has very good discernment and judgment when it comes to expressing wisdom and truth. Very consistent, regardless of what denomination or background. Thank you

Did it ever occur to you that Australia was not a Continent until some centuries after the FLOOD? I can find error in the book of Mormon and an attempt to make the book of Mormon sound like a poor rendition the King James Bible. I can find nothing wrong with the Bible.
Geologic record shows that Australia was attached to the other continents 250 million years ago when there were also dinosaurs. So did the flood happen 250 million years ago and wipe out the dinosaurs?
The issue has always been that such ancient dates are based entirely on the belief that the various minerals and rocks were not created swiftly by the CREATOR. I believe they were created quickly and that these elements were mixed up as a result of the FLOOD. This means that when a fossil is discovered in what appears to be very ancient material, in fact it is eroded and redeposited material reloacated by the FLOOD with the breaking up of the surface of the earth from volcanic, meteoric, and hydraulic events surrounding the FLOOD.

The dinosaurs being usually quite large would in fact be the easiest to find. Any man not killed (possibly obliterated by an asteroid collision) would have made every effort to move to higher ground that was quickly disappearing. It is my contention that when man is discovered around dinosaurs it is overlooked and or considered only the result of a landslide or burial. There is too strong a belief that man could not have lived among the dinosaurs among agnostics. The reality is that in the Bible there is every indication that not only man but animals lived to be very old. Imagine just what a 900 year old chicken or lizard might has looked like. There is no way presently to prove the age of any given dinosaur when it expired. There is though building evidence that the flesh of these animals and DNA could not survive millions of years and this pose an anomaly.
"I believe they were created quickly and that these elements were mixed up as a result of the FLOOD". What do you base this on? Science tells us otherwise. Is science just pure crap?

"It is my contention that when man is discovered around dinosaurs it is overlooked" there were no humans 250 million years ago when dinos roamed. So you think all the scientists in the world are hiding things from us?
I believe the Bible. Yes, I do firmly believe that discoveries that could undermine evolution and old universe ideology have been stored until some adaptable "logical" explanation can be discovered. Science is not crap. However, educated guesses and preconceived notions can distort the truth --- even work around it. All scientists are not involved in the STUDY of evolution but I can imagine that everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet --- just trying to seem agreeable. People who rock the boat are not usually respected by their peers. Frankly, "troublemakers" are seen as not good for business...
People who rock the boat in science are usually the ones who make the discoveries.

Science has proven a lot of the things in the bible wrong, like how do you explain that there's no geologic record of a worldwide flood, EVER?
The ENTIRE ancient geologic record is the result of the FLOOD. Science has never proven anything in the Bible is wrong.

All in the Bible.

Moses 1

I got the same thing I did out of reading the koran, old and new testament. Nuthing. Maybe a few laughs.
I got the very same thing out of watching COSMOS --- BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of years ago....

Did it ever occur to you that Australia was not a Continent until some centuries after the FLOOD?
No, because that would make absolutely no sense.
Without GOD nothing makes any sense.

And yet you have issues asking God whether the Book of Mormon is true as Moroni challenged
No, I absolutely have no issues asking GOD whether the BOOK of MORMON is true as Moroni challenged. GOD informed me in no uncertain terms that the BOOK of MORMON is Satan's attempt to distort GOD's HOLY WORD, through attempting to corrupt the understanding of how the Bible was authored by GOD, while working to bring contempt on the doctrine of the inerrancy of GOD's WRITTEN WORD. The Mormon church is a secular business disguised in religious paraphernalia. I see Mormonism as a beautiful man made sepulchre housing a rotting corpse. And I firmly believe that all Mormons who do turn their lives over to Jesus will eventually leave this pagan organization as enlightened as I.

All in the Bible.

Moses 1
I ask every one to read this and then compare how this text distorts what actually happened. Moses didn't see GOD face to face. Moses climbed the mountain. Moses came down among the people so that they didn't see the glory of GOD fade from his face. GOD only created this world in which sin entered into it. And this world alone will pass away. This is not a process that has occurred again and again.

Last edited:

Genesis 32:30
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Deuteronomy 34:10
10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,

Deuteronomy 5:4
4 The Lord talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,

Forum List

Back