Born to Run From High Taxes: Study shows wealthy NJ residents fleeing

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Here's what I love about allowing states to perform most government functions: When the libturds get out of control they can be punished for their idiocy and greed by leaving the state.

Born to Run From High Taxes: Study shows wealthy NJ residents fleeing | Fox News

New Jersey’s high taxes may be costing the state billions of dollars a year in lost revenue as high-earning residents flee, according to a recent study.

The study, Exodus on the Parkway, was completed by Regent Atlantic last year but held for publication until after the November 2013 elections. The study stated it “intentionally” held its results “as 2014 is not an election year for state legislators” and it will “hopefully encourage a serious and objective dialogue aimed at addressing and solving the challenges that New Jersey currently faces.”

The study shows the state has been steadily losing high-net-worth residents since 2004, when Democratic Gov. Jim McGreevey signed the millionaire’s tax into law. The law raised the state income tax 41 percent on those earning $500,000 or more a year.

“The inception of this tax, coupled with New Jersey’s already high property and estate taxes, leaves no mystery about why the term ‘tax migration’ has become a buzzword among state residents and financial, legal, and political professionals,” the study, conducted by Regent states.

Democrats in New Jersey have been pushing for even higher taxes on the wealthy in recent years. They have failed three times to raise the millionaire’s tax even higher than McGreevey did under threat of a veto by Governor Chris Christie.​

Will NJ become the first example of what happens when the takers become more burdensome than those being taken from will tolerate?

God thing they have a republican governor to straighten this out...what? He's doing nothing? What's new??

Last edited:
Leaving? Good. See ya. Let us know if you need boxes?

I live in Florida. I moved here from Maryland when the state imposed a special tax on people making over $100,000. High income people are leaving Maryland in droves. Soon there will be no one left but the leaches.

By moving to Florida I instantly gave myself a $9000/yr raise. Anyone who has the option of moving and continues to live in liberal shitholes like Maryland and New Jersey is a fool.

I live in Florida. I moved here from Maryland when the state imposed a special tax on people making over $100,000. High income people are leaving Maryland in droves. Soon there will be no one left but the leaches.

By moving to Florida I instantly gave myself a $9000/yr raise. Anyone who has the option of moving and continues to live in liberal shitholes like Maryland and New Jersey is a fool.
Your next stop? Uruguay. See ya.

Most of these idiots leaving NJ voted in the problems they are running from. Most of these idiots leaving will become nothing but cancers to whatever area they decide to contaminate and destroy next , as they will bring their same anti-American Democrat party voting idiocy with them. Most of these people are nothing but cancers.

Hopefully wherever they go, they are rudely treated and made to feel as unwelcome as possible. These idiots voted in their problems, too bad they can't be forced to live with them.

God thing they have a republican governor to straighten this out...what? He's doing nothing? What's new??

Christie is a Republican? I wasn't aware of that.

Your next stop? Uruguay. See ya.
You'll be singing a different tune when your SSI gets cut. Leech.

True. If he were Obama he'd just bypass the legislature and decree lower tax rates the law of the land via Executive Order.

Here's what I love about allowing states to perform most government functions: When the libturds get out of control they can be punished for their idiocy and greed by leaving the state.

Born to Run From High Taxes: Study shows wealthy NJ residents fleeing | Fox News

New Jersey’s high taxes may be costing the state billions of dollars a year in lost revenue as high-earning residents flee, according to a recent study.

The study, Exodus on the Parkway, was completed by Regent Atlantic last year but held for publication until after the November 2013 elections. The study stated it “intentionally” held its results “as 2014 is not an election year for state legislators” and it will “hopefully encourage a serious and objective dialogue aimed at addressing and solving the challenges that New Jersey currently faces.”

The study shows the state has been steadily losing high-net-worth residents since 2004, when Democratic Gov. Jim McGreevey signed the millionaire’s tax into law. The law raised the state income tax 41 percent on those earning $500,000 or more a year.

“The inception of this tax, coupled with New Jersey’s already high property and estate taxes, leaves no mystery about why the term ‘tax migration’ has become a buzzword among state residents and financial, legal, and political professionals,” the study, conducted by Regent states.

Democrats in New Jersey have been pushing for even higher taxes on the wealthy in recent years. They have failed three times to raise the millionaire’s tax even higher than McGreevey did under threat of a veto by Governor Chris Christie.​
This has been occurring for well over 10 years now.
N.J. loses $70B in wealth during five years as residents depart | NJ.com
All of the high tax blue states are losing wealth to tax haven states such as Texas and Florida.

Forum List

Back