🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

If you want to know what Scriptures you are ignoring feel free to go back to the threads and look them up, I am taking Jesus advice and not my pearls to the pigs.

Seriously dude? You really expect people to believe you don't tell people what to believe? When did you start doing that? Three minutes ago? Even you can't believe that claptrap. How is calling someone a hypocrite not telling them what to believe?

What right do you have to tell anyone that they are a hypocrite simply because they believe in the death penalty? Romans 13 is the only thing any Christian has to site in order to shut you up on the subject, if you were actually honest. Being that you are the self righteous prick in this discussion you will simply dismiss the fact that God gave the government the authority, and you are rebelling against God when you challenge the government.

Then we have the response of Paul when he was brought to trial in Acts 25, “I am standing before Caesar’s tribunal, where I ought to be tried. I have done no wrong to the Jews, as you also very well know. If, then, I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything worthy of death, I do not refuse to die; but if none of those things is true of which these men accuse me, no one can hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar.”

Tell me something, oh he who has a direct line to god, how can you claim to be speaking the truth as it is in Scripture if you don't present all the truth as it is in Scripture? I have some pretty substantive arguments against the death penalty, ones that have convinced some Christians who supported it, and I never once called any of them a hypocrite for disagreeing with me. That is because, unlike the scumbags (aka you) I know what the Bible says, and know that only a hypocritical scumbag asshole would ever call someone a hypocrite for disagreeing about doctrine.

And, no, that is not me calling you a hypocrite, that is me showing you what true hypocrisy is.
Calm down Quantum, everything's going to be OK.

If you don't like what you see stop looking in the mirror.

As you can see...the proponents of the death penalty are all emotionally invested in the punishment.

Plain and simple.

With that said, it's understandable, but that doesn't make it right.

Marc, you're a smart and upstanding man who can carry his own weight in a debate.

That said, I've argued against the Death Penalty in this thread. My comment about the guillotine was in reference to that being cheaper than the current, expensive method of killing convicts. And it was in jest. :D

As you can see...the proponents of the death penalty are all emotionally invested in the punishment.

Plain and simple.

With that said, it's understandable, but that doesn't make it right.

Marc, you're a smart and upstanding man who can carry his own weight in a debate.

That said, I've argued against the Death Penalty in this thread. My comment about the guillotine was in reference to that being cheaper than the current, expensive method of killing convicts. And it was in jest. :D

Even with that a blade would have to imported to China as the skill to turn out a really sharp one has been lost in America. On the other hand, maybe a dull union-made American blade would provide more entertainment.

Scum like you support criminals and give them hope they can kill and still get out of jail....

No one here is scum, 1776. There's no good guys or bad guys here. We just disagree on this issue in our own ways.

The problem is we don't make the punishment fit the crime. And worse we have people that don't want the punishment to hurt at all.

I would love the job of executioner if given free reign to make the punishment fit the crime.

Multiple rapist, buried a girl he shot alive...I can work with that.

I can make the punishment somewhat equal to what he did to get there.

The problem is we don't make the punishment fit the crime. And worse we have people that don't want the punishment to hurt at all.

I would love the job of executioner if given free reign to make the punishment fit the crime.

I'd use a whip with nails and lash him 10 times. This would be for the rape!
I'd then blow his feet off = for the shooting
Then I'd bury him alive.

I didn't say useful, I said the use of it!

Still don't recall saying anything about it being useful, or of use, or any other phrase with the word use in it.

Read it back, you've lost your way.

You read it back, all I said about DNA is that it is not perfect. That neither confirms, or denies, any use of the technology involved. You are the one hung up on how it can be used, I refuse to state a position because it is actually irrelevant to the thread, unless I decide to bring in the examples of people being convicted based on faulty DNA evidence.

Then I'd bury him alive.

Not a bad start!

Still don't recall saying anything about it being useful, or of use, or any other phrase with the word use in it.

Read it back, you've lost your way.

You read it back, all I said about DNA is that it is not perfect. That neither confirms, or denies, any use of the technology involved. You are the one hung up on how it can be used, I refuse to state a position because it is actually irrelevant to the thread, unless I decide to bring in the examples of people being convicted based on faulty DNA evidence.

And I stated what is the use of it if it's not perfect, a jury isn't perfect!

You do understand what this means, don't you?

And you come back by saying you never said useful, as I didn't say useful!

You deliberately being obtuse?

Then I'd bury him alive.

Not bad, but instead if shooting his feet off, I'd lower him slowly into an electric wood chipper machine.

I wonder how many complain about the cost of having a baby given up at birth as a drain on our financial system, also complain about the cost of keeping a murderer incarcerated for life, some 50 years or longer?
It costs more to kill them, than to house them for life.

We got ourselves here a bonafide financial genius, folks! :cuckoo:

Apparently he is much smarter than you because he knows it costs more to execute someone than to pay for their lifetime incarceration. Guess that makes you the idiot.

It costs more to kill them, than to house them for life.

We got ourselves here a bonafide financial genius, folks! :cuckoo:

Apparently he is much smarter than you because he knows it costs more to execute someone than to pay for their lifetime incarceration. Guess that makes you the idiot.

Apparently you didn't get the part of the LAWYER WELFARE that drives the costs up! Put a year time limit on it, even 2 years, and VOILA, there would be no comparison! But I guess that reading isn't one of your bright points!

What makes you think that a person imprisoned, is "removed as a threat from society" ?

Because they are no longer a part of society in prison. Duh.
They are part of a prison society where they could, and have, killed again. It would also apply to lifers without possibility of parole, but what sanction would the state have then?

While you could argue that they would be doing society a favor by knocking off a fellow scumbag, what of the guards who are just trying to make a living.

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

If they give Koch-ergrl a Rorshach test, every answer would be "abortion".

peanut sized fetuses aren't the same thing as full grown people.

My problem with the death penalty is not that the inmate "suffers". We could use a guillotine and acheive that result. A bit messy, but effective.

My problem with the death penalty is that we are going to get the wrong guy, eventually. If we haven't already.

Not an issue with abortion.

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

If they give Koch-ergrl a Rorshach test, every answer would be "abortion".

peanut sized fetuses aren't the same thing as full grown people.

My problem with the death penalty is not that the inmate "suffers". We could use a guillotine and acheive that result. A bit messy, but effective.

My problem with the death penalty is that we are going to get the wrong guy, eventually. If we haven't already.

Not an issue with abortion.

"peanut-sized" fetuses are seperate lives you idiot; seperate sets of DNA; and increasingly able to survive out of the womb.

oh and it isnt just "peanut-sized fetuses" being ripped out of bodies and tossed in the garbage; so as uusual left-wing LOSERS like you cant have an honest debate; and must rely on false arguments

ur a joke

leave it to left-wing nutjobs to compare a person who had life and used it to kill others; and what has to be the most innocent living thing on the planet; a developing child in the womb

Forum List

Back