🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

assuming the DP is legal, which it still is, what I don't understand is this. We have hundreds, if not thousands, of people dying in home hospice care weekly. When they say their discomfort is no longer bearable, the hospice nurse just gives them a shot of morphine that ends it. Why all this mysterious drug cocktail stuff?

If it was up to me, we would execute all criminals by rope. One rope could be used hundreds of times.

If your son was convicted (whether correctly or falsely) would you hold the same view? Would you be content with the finality of a death sentence if you and your family were personally involved? Or your sanctimonious bombast is just that, a sanctimonious bombast? Would you buy the rope for your son's execution if he was found guilty (again, correctly or falsely)?
Good question. Unfortunately, whatever their answer may be, most, to a man, won't be sharing those sentiments if/when their OWN son/daughter is in the hot seat.

Like that famous saying goes..."There are no atheists in fox holes."

I wonder if anybody in the prison system considered the possibility of sabotage. Lefties invented the old saying "the end justifies the means" and I wouldn't put it past them to intentionally botch an execution in order to make a political statement especially when the Obama administration is in such disarray. .

A guillotine would remedy that. :D

It wasn't botched....he was killed and that was the end state.

Just because he died from a heart attack caused by the drugs given to him doesn't make it a "botched" execution.

He is just lucky the family couldn't beat him to death with a baseball bat.

No where near as barbaric as his crime...fuck him.

Do you have any idea what he did to get on death row? THAT was barbaric. The animal still got off with less than he deserved.

Good. He deserved it.

And it only took 43 minutes...should have gut shot him twice with a shotgun, stuck him in a hole with hungry rats, and recorded his screams of fear and pain, to be played back each night to the others on death row!

Now THAT'S a deterrent!

No secrecy, his VEIN collapsed, they simply need to put it in a bigger vein!

Why is there a dosage limit on killing someone???

Give him as much as needed to kill him/her off.

Or just get it over with a bat to the head.
As you can see...the proponents of the death penalty are all emotionally invested in the punishment.

Plain and simple.

With that said, it's understandable, but that doesn't make it right.

If it was up to me, we would execute all criminals by rope. One rope could be used hundreds of times.

If your son was convicted (whether correctly or falsely) would you hold the same view? Would you be content with the finality of a death sentence if you and your family were personally involved? Or your sanctimonious bombast is just that, a sanctimonious bombast? Would you buy the rope for your son's execution if he was found guilty (again, correctly or falsely)?
Good question. Unfortunately, whatever their answer may be, most, to a man, won't be sharing those sentiments if/when their OWN son/daughter is in the hot seat.

Like that famous saying goes..."There are no atheists in fox holes."
Actually, there are.
Religious folk refuse to admit that fact, but it doesn't make the fact wrong.
I'm an atheist, I've been in a fox hole (literally and figuratively), it didn't change my religious persuasion one bit. Temporary or otherwise.

Scum like you support criminals and give them hope they can kill and still get out of jail....:eusa_whistle:

Just because he died from a heart attack caused by the drugs given to him doesn't make it a "botched" execution.

And it only took 43 minutes...should have gut shot him twice with a shotgun, stuck him in a hole with hungry rats, and recorded his screams of fear and pain, to be played back each night to the others on death row!

Now THAT'S a deterrent!

As you can see...the proponents of the death penalty are all emotionally invested in the punishment.

Plain and simple.

I wonder if anybody in the prison system considered the possibility of sabotage. Lefties invented the old saying "the end justifies the means" and I wouldn't put it past them to intentionally botch an execution in order to make a political statement especially when the Obama administration is in such disarray. .

I am pretty sure that liberals are responsible for the disappearance of Elvis, the failure of the Edsel automobile, teenage acne, dandruff, and the heartbreak of psoriasis, too....

Now THAT'S a deterrent!

Plain and simple.

What's NOT RIGHT? Our wanting to see a cold blooded killer die?.... So what if it took 43 minutes. And yes, REVENGE is a dish best served cold!

I am pretty sure that liberals are responsible for the disappearance of Elvis, the failure of the Edsel automobile, teenage acne, dandruff, and the heartbreak of psoriasis, too....

No, we dont have to make stuff up, unlike Democrats. Liberals are responsible for most of society's ills through their poor conceived, poorly executed programs spanning 50 years.

Now THAT'S a deterrent!

Plain and simple.

Emotionally invested doesn't make it wrong.
But then, you didn't prove they are emotionally invested, you merely stated that as your opinion, then tried to declare your opinion as proof of your point. Valiant effort. Still a fail for accomplishment.

Of course it does, why are you in court? To PROVE your innocence, or for the brain damaged, to prove you're NOT GUILTY!

Are you DELIBERATELY misrepresenting things, or do you not actually now how the United States judicial system is intended to work?

You think you are there to let them prove your guilty? :cuckoo:

Well yeah. The burden of proof is on the prosecutor to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty. That's how criminal justice works, presumption of innocence and all that.

Of course it does, why are you in court? To PROVE your innocence, or for the brain damaged, to prove you're NOT GUILTY!

Are you DELIBERATELY misrepresenting things, or do you not actually now how the United States judicial system is intended to work?

You think you are there to let them prove your guilty? :cuckoo:

Well, it was indirect, but thank you for answering...you DO NOT actually now how the United States judicial system is intended to work!

God works in mysterious ways. Not much mystery here. Looks like God made this vile asshole die the way he made his victim die. He buried her alive, so it took awhile for her to pass. He got the same. Makes a doubter believe.

That's the biggest problem with Christianity today.

Those professing to be Christians are largely hypocrites.

It was the major problem of Jesus' time and it's still the major problem of today.

Many don't realize when they're being hypocritical, just like the Pharisees, because they're self-righteous. This is why Jesus had a parable with the statement "take the BEAM out of your own eye, before you seek to remove the TWIG in your neighbor's."

Those crucial words are still VERY RELEVANT today.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with Christianity today is the scumbags who think they can dictate what other people believe.

In case you missed the point, I am referring to you, and I oppose the death penalty. In other words, even when I agree with your goals, your methods are still wrong. I also remember you never actually dealing with the specific Scripture I pointed to to prove that you should keep your mouth shut about telling other people how they are supposed to approach God. Not that I ever expected you to actually do so, but I like to point it out for the idiots that think you have the moral high ground.
What Scripture did you post?

Also, I don't "dictate" what anyone should believe.

I simply present the truth as it's in Scripture.

If you want to know what Scriptures you are ignoring feel free to go back to the threads and look them up, I am taking Jesus advice and not my pearls to the pigs.

Seriously dude? You really expect people to believe you don't tell people what to believe? When did you start doing that? Three minutes ago? Even you can't believe that claptrap. How is calling someone a hypocrite not telling them what to believe?

What right do you have to tell anyone that they are a hypocrite simply because they believe in the death penalty? Romans 13 is the only thing any Christian has to site in order to shut you up on the subject, if you were actually honest. Being that you are the self righteous prick in this discussion you will simply dismiss the fact that God gave the government the authority, and you are rebelling against God when you challenge the government.

Then we have the response of Paul when he was brought to trial in Acts 25, “I am standing before Caesar’s tribunal, where I ought to be tried. I have done no wrong to the Jews, as you also very well know. If, then, I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything worthy of death, I do not refuse to die; but if none of those things is true of which these men accuse me, no one can hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar.”

Tell me something, oh he who has a direct line to god, how can you claim to be speaking the truth as it is in Scripture if you don't present all the truth as it is in Scripture? I have some pretty substantive arguments against the death penalty, ones that have convinced some Christians who supported it, and I never once called any of them a hypocrite for disagreeing with me. That is because, unlike the scumbags (aka you) I know what the Bible says, and know that only a hypocritical scumbag asshole would ever call someone a hypocrite for disagreeing about doctrine.

And, no, that is not me calling you a hypocrite, that is me showing you what true hypocrisy is.

God works in mysterious ways. Not much mystery here. Looks like God made this vile asshole die the way he made his victim die. He buried her alive, so it took awhile for her to pass. He got the same. Makes a doubter believe.

THAT'S a relief! It was God's fault!

QW see the ABOVE!!!!

Do you know anything about how the criminal justice system operates? I know people that had clear cut cases that did not involve the death penalty that took years to appeal, yet you want to wave a magic wand and solve everything by saying they only have a year to appeal a death penalty case. That is so stupid I don't even know where that there is no possible insult I could use to convey to you how stupid it is.

Are you a lawyer?

No, I am a mad scientist who understands how the law works. Did you know that Lex Luther was elected President after being convicted of murder? We evil geniuses have ways around everything.

Only if you're a LIAR...er...LAWYER!

Seriously, you are incredibly stupid.

This guy spent 30 years on death row for a crime everyone, including the DA, says he had nothing to do with.

Last week, prosecutors filed a motion to exonerate Ford, stating that in late 2013 evidence was presented “supporting a finding that Ford was neither present at, nor a participant in, the robbery and murder of Isadore Rozeman,” according to Reuters.
On Monday, State District Judge Ramona Emanuel moved to void Ford’s conviction and, on Tuesday, Ford walked free.
Upon his release, Ford told reporters he’s happy to finally have his life back.
“It feels good,” he said. “It feels real good.”
After nearly 30 years on death row, Glenn Ford is exonerated ? and free

That is just one example, I can come up with more. If you get your way the government will be killing innocent people.

Then he should have been cleared decades before! What was the supposed problem?

The government.

In todays range of DNA evidence, that figure is misleading, at best! And, what are you going to do? Hundreds of thousands of people are KILLED or seriously injured every year driving a car....shall we BAN CARS? THAT will stop auto deaths! Life's a bitch, and if your innocent, prove it, or face the consequences!

DNA is not perfect because the people that analyze it are not perfect.

Then, what is the use of it, IF it's not perfect....then the perpetrator is killed, as a JURY isn't perfect!

I don't recall saying that it is useful.

Forum List

Back