🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Botched Oklahoma Execution

Easy answer, you have 1 year for appeal, after that, you're either freed, or die! The APPEAL SYSTEM, is WELFARE FOR LAWYERS! TIME limit it, and POOF, your costs go away! Back in the 1920's it took no longer than 18 months on an appeal!

You used the wrong word, that is a stupid answer.

Only if you're a LIAR...er...LAWYER!

Seriously, you are incredibly stupid.

This guy spent 30 years on death row for a crime everyone, including the DA, says he had nothing to do with.

Last week, prosecutors filed a motion to exonerate Ford, stating that in late 2013 evidence was presented “supporting a finding that Ford was neither present at, nor a participant in, the robbery and murder of Isadore Rozeman,” according to Reuters.
On Monday, State District Judge Ramona Emanuel moved to void Ford’s conviction and, on Tuesday, Ford walked free.
Upon his release, Ford told reporters he’s happy to finally have his life back.
“It feels good,” he said. “It feels real good.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-death-row-glenn-ford-is-exonerated-and-free/

That is just one example, I can come up with more. If you get your way the government will be killing innocent people.

Already answered, but for those that don't read...CUT the appeals TIME down to 1 year...STOP LAWYER WELFARE!!! this is what the ASSES put in to make it look like it costs MORE to kill the scum! TORT REFORM is needed in ALL ASPECTS of LAWYER WELFARE!

As it stands, about 4% of the people we execute are not guilty of the crimes we execute them for. Every layer of review that you remove increases that percentage - so what is your acceptable percentage?

In todays range of DNA evidence, that figure is misleading, at best! And, what are you going to do? Hundreds of thousands of people are KILLED or seriously injured every year driving a car....shall we BAN CARS? THAT will stop auto deaths! Life's a bitch, and if your innocent, prove it, or face the consequences!

DNA is not perfect because the people that analyze it are not perfect.

What happened today was barbaric. The drugs are now difficult to come by and probably not tested properly. The guy writhed in pain and sat up, saying "something's wrong".

Do you have any idea what he did to get on death row? THAT was barbaric. The animal still got off with less than he deserved.

What happened today was barbaric. The drugs are now difficult to come by and probably not tested properly. The guy writhed in pain and sat up, saying "something's wrong".

Possibly a stress induced heart attack...wonder what crime he committed. Barbaric would be drawn and quartered.

[MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION]
Clayton Lockett and two cohorts were robbing a house when Stephanie Nieman and a friend walked in and interrupted them. Ms Nieman was shot twice (not killed from the shots), and her friend was raped. Ms Nieman was then buried alive and died from that event.
Clayton Lockett was convicted of murder, rape, kidnapping, assault and battery, burglary, and robbery.
Some would call Mr Lockett's death Karma, I call it justice.

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

Another execution scheduled for the same day was postponed.

Convicted murderer Clayton Lockett was sedated and then given the second and third drugs in the protocol, Oklahoma Department of Corrections Director Robert Patton told reporters.

"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having the effect, so the doctor observed the line and determined that the line had blown," he said.

When asked what he meant by "blown," Patton said that Lockett's vein had "exploded."
Botched execution in Oklahoma

"I notified the attorney general's office, the governor's office of my intent to stop the execution and requested a stay for 14 days for the second execution scheduled this afternoon," said Patton, referring to the execution of Charles Warner.

Lockett later suffered what appeared to be a heart attack and died, the director said.

Gov. Mary Fallin issued an executive order granting a stay for Warner and ordered an investigation.

Barbaric. I don't necessarily feel bad for the criminal although a recent study said on average 4 percent of death row inmates are innocent. I feel sorry for us as a society. The murder of a human being that has been removed as a threat from society is simply barbaric and unnecessary. I used to be pro death penalty when I was a teenager because I never really put much thought into it.

No where near as barbaric as his crime...fuck him.

Interesting that those who are most religious prefer torturing and killing other humans.
That's the biggest problem with Christianity today.

Those professing to be Christians are largely hypocrites.

It was the major problem of Jesus' time and it's still the major problem of today.

Many don't realize when they're being hypocritical, just like the Pharisees, because they're self-righteous. This is why Jesus had a parable with the statement "take the BEAM out of your own eye, before you seek to remove the TWIG in your neighbor's."

Those crucial words are still VERY RELEVANT today.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with Christianity today is the scumbags who think they can dictate what other people believe.

In case you missed the point, I am referring to you, and I oppose the death penalty. In other words, even when I agree with your goals, your methods are still wrong. I also remember you never actually dealing with the specific Scripture I pointed to to prove that you should keep your mouth shut about telling other people how they are supposed to approach God. Not that I ever expected you to actually do so, but I like to point it out for the idiots that think you have the moral high ground.
What Scripture did you post?

Also, I don't "dictate" what anyone should believe.

I simply present the truth as it's in Scripture.

It costs more to prosecute, and to defend, a death penalty case. Then you have mandatory appeals, special housing and transportation, higher pay for the guards, extra medical expanses as a result of the stress for those guards. and numerous other factors. There are numerous studies that lay out the particulars.

Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

QW see the ABOVE!!!!

Do you know anything about how the criminal justice system operates? I know people that had clear cut cases that did not involve the death penalty that took years to appeal, yet you want to wave a magic wand and solve everything by saying they only have a year to appeal a death penalty case. That is so stupid I don't even know where that there is no possible insult I could use to convey to you how stupid it is.

Are you a lawyer?

It wasn't botched....he was killed and that was the end state.

Just because he died from a heart attack caused by the drugs given to him doesn't make it a "botched" execution.

He is just lucky the family couldn't beat him to death with a baseball bat.

You used the wrong word, that is a stupid answer.

Only if you're a LIAR...er...LAWYER!

Seriously, you are incredibly stupid.

This guy spent 30 years on death row for a crime everyone, including the DA, says he had nothing to do with.

Last week, prosecutors filed a motion to exonerate Ford, stating that in late 2013 evidence was presented “supporting a finding that Ford was neither present at, nor a participant in, the robbery and murder of Isadore Rozeman,” according to Reuters.
On Monday, State District Judge Ramona Emanuel moved to void Ford’s conviction and, on Tuesday, Ford walked free.
Upon his release, Ford told reporters he’s happy to finally have his life back.
“It feels good,” he said. “It feels real good.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-death-row-glenn-ford-is-exonerated-and-free/

That is just one example, I can come up with more. If you get your way the government will be killing innocent people.

Then he should have been cleared decades before! What was the supposed problem?

Someone back above referred to the drugs used as "untested". Which might have been true a few hours before....but not now. Of course the knowledge learned from this one marginally successful test will help next time. I say "marginally" because the desired result was obtained - just in a roundabout way. Definitely NOT a total failure!

Who here has had to put a beloved pet down?
I imagine quite a few of you have had to be involved in that painful act.
Veterinarians usually use pentobarbital or sodium thiopental or a combination of both. They stop the heart and the breathing of the pet. I've held beloved pets on my lap when such drugs were administered and never saw my pet in pain or distress.
Those drugs work equally as well on humans, to administer pain free and trauma free death.
I am unsure why some other drug cocktail is needed for human death sentences.

Why is there a dosage limit on killing someone???

Give him as much as needed to kill him/her off.

Or just get it over with a bat to the head.

Last edited:
As it stands, about 4% of the people we execute are not guilty of the crimes we execute them for. Every layer of review that you remove increases that percentage - so what is your acceptable percentage?

In todays range of DNA evidence, that figure is misleading, at best! And, what are you going to do? Hundreds of thousands of people are KILLED or seriously injured every year driving a car....shall we BAN CARS? THAT will stop auto deaths! Life's a bitch, and if your innocent, prove it, or face the consequences!

DNA is not perfect because the people that analyze it are not perfect.

Then, what is the use of it, IF it's not perfect....then the perpetrator is killed, as a JURY isn't perfect!

Someone back above referred to the drugs used as "untested". Which might have been true a few hours before....but not now. Of course the knowledge learned from this one marginally successful test will help next time. I say "marginally" because the desired result was obtained - just in a roundabout way. Definitely NOT a total failure!

I could never understand, that we put down MILLIONS of pets a year with a single "SHOT", why not use the same on a KILLER?... I've had to put down my share of pets, and always anesthetize them, so they FEEL nothing!

The Death Penalty should only be used in cases with a murderer meeting extreme circumstances regarding their crime, be mentally sane and be proven above 100% that they are guilty as hell.

Every other murderer should get life unless there are key mitigation circumstances to lower it to 40-60 years.

Last edited:
QW see the ABOVE!!!!

Do you know anything about how the criminal justice system operates? I know people that had clear cut cases that did not involve the death penalty that took years to appeal, yet you want to wave a magic wand and solve everything by saying they only have a year to appeal a death penalty case. That is so stupid I don't even know where that there is no possible insult I could use to convey to you how stupid it is.

Are you a lawyer?

You are not, so step off.

You all are missing a vital point.

The convicted deserves no mercy.

What is terrible: that execution injures and dehumanizes every body involved in the process.

Are you a lawyer?

You are not, so step off.

No, I'm not, but I have common sense, which you sorely lack! :eusa_clap:

An Oklahoma inmate died Tuesday evening of an apparent heart attack after authorities botched the delivery of drugs and stopped his execution.

What exactly was "botched"?
He was sentenced to death and he was put to death.
He died.
Justice was served.
The only thing "botched" was the temporary delay to carry out the sentence.
They should have kept on with process.

Forum List

Back