Boy begs Trump to help free mom from Egyptian jail...

It says they detained her as soon as she entered the country, so she obviously made the Facebook posts while in the U.S. So they arrested a U.S. citizen for a "crime" she committed while in a country where what she posted wasn't a crime.
There's worse. Newly purchased hotels in Europe were bought by Hilton and when a Cuban delegate showed up (that had reservations) the hotel turned them away because of the American boycott.

Hilton is an America company bound to obey American law. delegates from the Cuban communist regime can go to foreign hotels if they like.
Hilton is a foreign hotel. This is Europe. You know? Europe? Have you heard of it?

It says they detained her as soon as she entered the country, so she obviously made the Facebook posts while in the U.S. So they arrested a U.S. citizen for a "crime" she committed while in a country where what she posted wasn't a crime.
There's worse. Newly purchased hotels in Europe were bought by Hilton and when a Cuban delegate showed up (that had reservations) the hotel turned them away because of the American boycott.

Hilton is an America company bound to obey American law. delegates from the Cuban communist regime can go to foreign hotels if they like.
Hilton is a foreign hotel. This is Europe. You know? Europe? Have you heard of it?

Hilton is an American outfit, based in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and as such, is required to obey American law. If a Cuban government official, or other sanctioned individual, wants to stay there, its tough shit.

There are locally owned hotels in Europe that don't care about free elections and all that. The Cubans are free to stay there.

Hilton is an American outfit, based in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and as such, is required to obey American law. If a Cuban government official, or other sanctioned individual, wants to stay there, its tough shit.

There are locally owned hotels in Europe that don't care about free elections and all that. The Cubans are free to stay there.
I repeat:
Hilton is a foreign-owned hotel.

"It is not allowed by law in Norway to discriminate on grounds of gender, religion or nationality," said the deputy leader of the Norwegian Union of Municipal and General Employees, Anne Grethe Skaardal. "It is unacceptable for the US to dictate to the whole world."

No room at the Hilton: Cubans find US trade ban stretches to Oslo

I repeat:
Hilton is a foreign-owned hotel.

"It is not allowed by law in Norway to discriminate on grounds of gender, religion or nationality," said the deputy leader of the Norwegian Union of Municipal and General Employees, Anne Grethe Skaardal. "It is unacceptable for the US to dictate to the whole world."

No room at the Hilton: Cubans find US trade ban stretches to Oslo

If the Norwegians have a problem with Americans obeying American law, that's just too bad.

BTW, this has nothing to do with "discrimination". Its only the Cuban government that is banned. If Ted Cruz or Desi Arnaz or even leftard Sen. Bob Menendez wanted to stay at the Oslo Hilton, there wouldn't be a problem.

LOL! Do you have a job? You'd better get started digging a tunnel to it from home. You don't want to risk getting hit by a car or catching a cold.

Yes I have a job. My issue with the stops in Tortola and the Bahamas are that they are foreign countries. I got off the ship in San Juan and St Thomas (both US Territories). I have no need or desire to step on foreign soil, ever.

It shows nothing.
On its own, it shows nothing. But right after contacting Sweden several times saying first that ASAP Crocky should be released without charge and then saying that ASAP Crocky should be taken out of his cell and put into a hotel .... but now doing jack shit for that boy and his mother?
That proves COWARDICE.
Nonsense...
Well ... let's see what he does then. Ten dollars to a doughnut say he won't do diddly squat. Get your money ready.
What makes you think this case, is in any way similar to ASAP Rocky’s? We’re you under the impression that he was Swedish?

This situation is worse than ASAP Rocky's He was accused of a crime that would have been punishable by jail time even in the U.S. This woman is a U.S. citizen who bad-mouthed the Egyptian government on Facebook.
She is at best a dual citizen who knew what Egypt was like. Hers is the punishment for stupidity.

US teen begs Trump to help free mother from Egyptian jail - CNNPolitics

Thirteen-year-old Moustafa Hamed said he and his mother, Reem Mohamed Desouky, were looking forward to their trip to Egypt.

"We were excited to come to Egypt so we could spend time with our family during summer break," the Pennsylvania teenager said in a video obtained by CNN.

That excitement quickly vanished on their arrival in the country last month. Desouky, a dual US-Egyptian national, was jailed after she and Moustafa were detained and interrogated at the airport.

Moustafa is now pleading for anyone, including US President Donald Trump, to help secure his mother's release.

"Please, President Trump, please help. America, please, I just need my mother," he said in another video. "We're not supposed to be in this problem right now."

What a heartbreaking story. Poor kid is separated from his mother, and his uncle is arrested for trying to visit her. It's no wonder she left that shit country.

If he can get Trump's attention...Trump will get it done.......

On its own, it shows nothing. But right after contacting Sweden several times saying first that ASAP Crocky should be released without charge and then saying that ASAP Crocky should be taken out of his cell and put into a hotel .... but now doing jack shit for that boy and his mother?
That proves COWARDICE.
Nonsense...
Well ... let's see what he does then. Ten dollars to a doughnut say he won't do diddly squat. Get your money ready.
What makes you think this case, is in any way similar to ASAP Rocky’s? We’re you under the impression that he was Swedish?

This situation is worse than ASAP Rocky's He was accused of a crime that would have been punishable by jail time even in the U.S. This woman is a U.S. citizen who bad-mouthed the Egyptian government on Facebook.
She is at best a dual citizen who knew what Egypt was like. Hers is the punishment for stupidity.
Looky here, son! You're talkin' bout a Merican citizen and I won't tolerate you talkin' like that bout any Merican! You must be a communist or a terrorist!

US teen begs Trump to help free mother from Egyptian jail - CNNPolitics

Thirteen-year-old Moustafa Hamed said he and his mother, Reem Mohamed Desouky, were looking forward to their trip to Egypt.

"We were excited to come to Egypt so we could spend time with our family during summer break," the Pennsylvania teenager said in a video obtained by CNN.

That excitement quickly vanished on their arrival in the country last month. Desouky, a dual US-Egyptian national, was jailed after she and Moustafa were detained and interrogated at the airport.

Moustafa is now pleading for anyone, including US President Donald Trump, to help secure his mother's release.

"Please, President Trump, please help. America, please, I just need my mother," he said in another video. "We're not supposed to be in this problem right now."

What a heartbreaking story. Poor kid is separated from his mother, and his uncle is arrested for trying to visit her. It's no wonder she left that shit country.

If he can get Trump's attention...Trump will get it done.......

If he gets Trump's attention I'm sure he'll try to do something, but this story was buried on CNN. I just happened to have enough time on my hands to scroll through far enough to find it. It's very telling. A rapper with a past criminal record gets arrested, and there's a public outcry. A boy loses his mother to some shithole, and nobody is talking about it. The power of celebrity. :dunno:

That proves COWARDICE.
Nonsense...

She was arrested for Facebook posts. I'm sure people criticize the Egyptian government on Facebook all the time. I doubt she knew she was even on the government's radar.

Nonsense...

She was arrested for Facebook posts. I'm sure people criticize the Egyptian government on Facebook all the time. I doubt she knew she was even on the government's radar.
That was her mistake. As an Egyptian she should have known better.

I understand and agree with you but the subject is about interference in another country's laws. Trump barged in to try dictating what Sweden should with an American citizen who broke Swedish laws but is apparently silent (relatively speaking) about another American citizen who's broken Egyptian laws. There's the gap, and in fact a lopsided one too. No, you can not excuse this one.
The problem is that Egypt is enforcing Egyptian law, on an Egyptian citizen. Trumps got jack shit to say about it.
Just in case you're half asleep, Trump has jack shit to say about Swedish law. You know? Sweden isn't in the U.S.
Well done Captain Obvious! Give yourself a cookie. You’ve earned it...

That just goes to show the bravery or cowardice of American politicians. Trump stuck his nose into internal Swedish affairs over the arrest ASAP Crocky but he's afraid to help the boy's mother in Egypt?

If the date is right this just happened.
How about you give him some time?
I'd also like to know more about what led to her arrest.

A$AP was being railroaded by the Swedes.
Anyone who watched the video of the incident can see that.

If the date is right this just happened.
How about you give him some time?
It is irrelevant. I am mostly saying that Trump has no business sticking his nose into foreign affairs, whether it be the woman in Egypt or the boy in Sweden.
I'd also like to know more about what led to her arrest.
Me too.
A$AP was being railroaded by the Swedes.
Utter nonsense. Sweden doesn't work that way. Let me tell you something. If you punch someone in Sweden, particularly in public, you will be arrested. Period. Even if it is in self-defence you will be taken to the station for questioning. And let me be perfectly clear on one particular point that Americans don't seem to understand - Neither words, harassment, or gestures are justified excuses (or considered self-defence) for a physical response. That's a hard-line law Sweden.

The problem is that Egypt is enforcing Egyptian law, on an Egyptian citizen. Trumps got jack shit to say about it.
Just in case you're half asleep, Trump has jack shit to say about Swedish law. You know? Sweden isn't in the U.S.
And yet, although you've read it, you didn't get it.
The fact that this woman is an Egyptian citizen is lost on you...

The fact that this woman is an American citizen is lost on you...

The fact that she's a native born Egyptian who held fast to her Egyptian citizenship is in no way lost on me. It is worthy of nothing more than contempt, and she deserves what she gets. Fuck her...

The fact that she's a native born Egyptian who held fast to her Egyptian citizenship is in no way lost on me. It is worthy of nothing more than contempt, and she deserves what she gets. Fuck her...
The fact that she's an American citizen seems to be lost on you. It is as worthy as the promises and self-professed boasting that being a citizen of the U.S. is something special, and she deserves an explanation.

Forum List

Back