boycott debate ?

My post was specifically about voting, and nothing else. You gotta stop with the "whataboutism".
Your post was about what the constitution says and so was mine, and my" whataboutism" was to show you have no use for the constitution you pretend is dear when it suits you but run from it when it odes not fit your needs....but regardless of intent by either of us, who don't you go ahead anyway and tell us what is says about the electoral college and congress passing laws that infringe on the right to own firearms and if you agree with it or not.

Personally, I think the electoral college needs to go away. It's an outdated concept, and no longer serves the people. And, there have been several instances over the years where the place they represented voted one way, but the electoral college person voted the other way. Might have made sense at one time before we had instant communication, but now, it's outdated.

As far as your 2nd Amendment question? Yes, I think that people should be able to own guns, but I would also like to see a limit on how much ammo they can throw down range before reloading. High rates of fire, with large ammo clips isn't required for anything other than being in a war zone. And yes, I served in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, and was in 4 different war zones.

The deal was, that bigger states would not get to dominate the smaller. As long as California is bat shit crazy land, hell no to any changes that will give those loony toons any more impact on my life.

Actually, that is the reason the Senate exists, as well as the reason that each state gets 2 Senators. You might want to take a civics refresher.

Well aware of that. It is almost as though it was a reoccurring theme. One that is just as timely today as it was then. Maybe more so, considering how bat shit crazy the Left Coast has become.

My post was specifically about voting, and nothing else. You gotta stop with the "whataboutism".
Your post was about what the constitution says and so was mine, and my" whataboutism" was to show you have no use for the constitution you pretend is dear when it suits you but run from it when it odes not fit your needs....but regardless of intent by either of us, who don't you go ahead anyway and tell us what is says about the electoral college and congress passing laws that infringe on the right to own firearms and if you agree with it or not.

Personally, I think the electoral college needs to go away. It's an outdated concept, and no longer serves the people. And, there have been several instances over the years where the place they represented voted one way, but the electoral college person voted the other way. Might have made sense at one time before we had instant communication, but now, it's outdated.

As far as your 2nd Amendment question? Yes, I think that people should be able to own guns, but I would also like to see a limit on how much ammo they can throw down range before reloading. High rates of fire, with large ammo clips isn't required for anything other than being in a war zone. And yes, I served in the US Navy from 1982 until 2002, and was in 4 different war zones.

The deal was, that bigger states would not get to dominate the smaller. As long as California is bat shit crazy land, hell no to any changes that will give those loony toons any more impact on my life.

Actually, that is the reason the Senate exists, as well as the reason that each state gets 2 Senators. You might want to take a civics refresher.

Maybe we need to go back to the way it was. Each State Governor appoints 2 Senators to represent them in the US Senate. And only the House is elected. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted and set things up to do. Look at the mess it's become today.

Should there be a limit on how much beer someone can drink? Or how many French fries? If you limit something, then you put limits on everything, just ask the Billionaire from NY Bloomberg, he limits sodas to only 16 ounce no bigger, and no salt shakers on dinner tables, what is next? No potato chips after 5 pm?

Maybe we need to go back to the way it was. Each State Governor appoints 2 Senators to represent them in the US Senate. And only the House is elected. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted and set things up to do. Look at the mess it's become today.
Also Congressthings didnt get a government paycheck but had to have a business in their district that they represented. Once they got the vote they had to go back to work for a living and not be swamp creatures from DC.

Should there be a limit on how much beer someone can drink? Or how many French fries? If you limit something, then you put limits on everything, just ask the Billionaire from NY Bloomberg, he limits sodas to only 16 ounce no bigger, and no salt shakers on dinner tables, what is next? No potato chips after 5 pm?

And that same Billionaire has a zero chance of becoming President of the United States.

If he skips the debates, are you conservatives still going to vote for him?

Early and often!

Early and often? How many times do you intend on voting for him? Sorry, but this isn't like American Idol or Dancing With the Stars where you can vote several times if you wish. The Constitution only allows one vote per person, per election.

As if it needs to be repeated but you are proving that Democrats simply have no sense of humor.

Sense%20of%20humor-S.jpg

No, actually the purpose of the Senate was to give the states a voice in Washington. Today the states have no voice. How is that a great thing?

You might want to take a civics refresher.

Forum List

Back