Boycott Staples

You are either uneducated or high as hell. Neither is my problem. Now, you and your little libertopian buddies may think your cool but the reality is that you have each equally failed to make an argument. And, ya, USPS will deliver to your door if there is a package and even if there is something bizarre like unable to fit into your mail box (unless you live in a place with teeny tiny little boxes all clustered together.

What do I need delivered to my tiny little box that's part of a cluster?
DishNetwork, Pizza Hut, and Steak'n'Shake coupons?

I pay my electric, water & sewer, cable, internet, phone, cell phone, rent and truck payment all online.

Yes. I can see how the entire world revolves around you.

Glad to see you realize that.

That's a good first step
:eusa_shifty:

But, ya know??
You mentioned that the USPS delivers 47%
I'm willing to bet that last year it was 49% and the year before 54%
And next year will probably be 43%

I'm not the only one with no need for the USPS
And there will be more of us every year

I pay my electric, water & sewer, cable, internet, phone, cell phone, rent and truck payment all online.

That's a good first step

But, ya know??

I stated 40%. You have to realize that there are still a great many people that don't trust the internet and are not computer literate or cannot afford it. There are business owners that do not wish to deal with FedEx and UPS. I can't wait until you figure out that the world doesn't revolve around you.

That's a good first step

But, ya know??

parcel deliveries have been going up the last 5 years.....and with that Amazon contract it will go up a lot this year....sorry....

I didn't say that he would benefit from union monies. He doesn't have to benefit from the union. He turned around and fucked the union. So, the question that you need to ask is what else (and where else) does he have to gain?

Here is the link.
How does Darrell Issa Benefit from the privatization of the United States Post Office (Special updates 2014)

Rural carriers have been contracting since 1962. End of story. NOT a reason to stop USPS for all delivery. It is not. The legislation and the faux scandal that Issa started is tied to the privatization. Issa starts a scandal that is not the scandal. It is intentional in an effort to destroy the post office. That is where we are at.

The contract for rural carriers starts at the above date. The forcing the benefits/retirement to be paid 75 years in advance starts in 2006.

What is it that you would like to discuss about this current legislation because it sure as hell is not repealing the damage done in the 2006 legislation. IS IT?

I didn't say you said Issa would benefit from union monies, your link did, here's the quote:

"According to the Open Secrets Blog, Darrell Issa would be No. 10 beneficiary to Postal Union money, once the Postal Service is defunct."

So I once again I ask how can a defunct union benefit anyone? You said you read the link, evidently you didn't make it much past the headline.

BTW there is nothing to discuss about the current legislation you cited since it has yet to have a vote in the full house. But you didn't bother to say that.

Because the money, through privatization, would be diverted to other corporations.

WASHINGTON -- First as ranking minority member and now as chairman of one of the most powerful committees in Congress, San Diego Republican Darrell Issa has built a team that includes staff members with close connections to industries that could benefit from his investigations.

Issa took control of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last month, and asked companies, nonprofits and industry associations for guidance on federal regulations. The committee, which includes 23 Republicans and 17 Democrats, has broad powers to investigate government and industry, and to issue subpoenas.

Issa's staff already has released findings sympathetic to industries bent on softening or eliminating certain government regulations. A preliminary report this month, for example, focused largely on Environmental Protection Agency standards and relied heavily on input from industry associations. Other standards the committee is targeting include new regulations on workplace safety and the financial services industry.

And some on Issa's staff know this territory from the inside.

Several have ties to billionaire brothers David and Charles Koch, who have made much of their fortune in oil and chemical businesses and have established a reputation as staunch small-government conservatives. Their influence through campaign contributions, lobbying and nonprofit groups--such as Americans for Prosperity, an activist organization with connections to the Tea Party movement--has become more pronounced since the shift in power in the House last November.

A Republican staff counsel for the oversight committee is the son of a lobbyist pushing for regulatory changes on behalf of big corporations. At least four other staffers once lobbied Congress for companies and industry associations. Another counsel worked for the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, which Issa recently asked for input on government regulations.
Darrell Issa's Team Includes Industry Insiders

Nice cut and paste that totally avoided my question. You're a freaking loony tune that refuses to dialog, so I done with your dumb ass thread.

Post Office Piles on Shift to Low-wage Economy With Staples Deal

The National Employment Law Project (NELP) has just come out with its latest report on the wage levels of jobs added as the nation has emerged from the Great Recession. As with NELP's previous reports, which continue to garner national attention, the news was pretty simple: we're only adding low wage jobs. Some 1.85 million more low-wage workers -- defined by under $13.33 an hour -- are employed by low-wage industries now then in 2008. About the same number, 1.93 million workers -- fewer workers are now employed in mid-wage and higher-wage industries.

The U.S. Postal Service has historically been one of those higher-wage industries, with average pay just under $25 an hour. For generations, postal jobs have been a ticket to the middle class, including as one of the few employers who hired African-Americans at good wages earlier in the 20th century. But the post office is accelerating a new strategy to increase sales and shed labor costs by opening up mini-post offices at Staples stores.

Staples is one of those low-wage employers, with Staples workers reporting that retail clerks average around $8.50 an hour. After piloting the mini-post offices in 82 Staples stores, the post office announced it would expand the program, prompting the American Postal Workers Union to organize more than 50 protest rallies outside Staples stores around the country.

Of course, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe said that no postal jobs would be lost because of the Staples program and that the motivation was "growing our business." But the same Wall Street Journal article with Donohoe's statement revealed the real motivation. It quoted an internal postal service memo, which said that the Staples pilot program was to determine "if lower costs can be realized with retail partner labor instead of the labor traditionally associated with retail window at Post Offices." Oops!
Post Office Piles on Shift to Low-wage Economy With Staples Deal*|*Richard Kirsch

It's time for Donahoe to go.

More destruction of the middle class and not a peep.

So if Staples were running the P.O., my stamps would cost half as much ?

I would boycott them why ?

Tell you what. Let's boycott the government because they overpay people and overtax me to make it happen. That I could go for.

Post Office Piles on Shift to Low-wage Economy With Staples Deal

The National Employment Law Project (NELP) has just come out with its latest report on the wage levels of jobs added as the nation has emerged from the Great Recession. As with NELP's previous reports, which continue to garner national attention, the news was pretty simple: we're only adding low wage jobs. Some 1.85 million more low-wage workers -- defined by under $13.33 an hour -- are employed by low-wage industries now then in 2008. About the same number, 1.93 million workers -- fewer workers are now employed in mid-wage and higher-wage industries.

The U.S. Postal Service has historically been one of those higher-wage industries, with average pay just under $25 an hour. For generations, postal jobs have been a ticket to the middle class, including as one of the few employers who hired African-Americans at good wages earlier in the 20th century. But the post office is accelerating a new strategy to increase sales and shed labor costs by opening up mini-post offices at Staples stores.

Staples is one of those low-wage employers, with Staples workers reporting that retail clerks average around $8.50 an hour. After piloting the mini-post offices in 82 Staples stores, the post office announced it would expand the program, prompting the American Postal Workers Union to organize more than 50 protest rallies outside Staples stores around the country.

Of course, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe said that no postal jobs would be lost because of the Staples program and that the motivation was "growing our business." But the same Wall Street Journal article with Donohoe's statement revealed the real motivation. It quoted an internal postal service memo, which said that the Staples pilot program was to determine "if lower costs can be realized with retail partner labor instead of the labor traditionally associated with retail window at Post Offices." Oops!
Post Office Piles on Shift to Low-wage Economy With Staples Deal*|*Richard Kirsch

It's time for Donahoe to go.

More destruction of the middle class and not a peep.

So if Staples were running the P.O., my stamps would cost half as much ?

I would boycott them why ?

Tell you what. Let's boycott the government because they overpay people and overtax me to make it happen. That I could go for.

Nope. What else you got?

That's a good first step

But, ya know??

More middle class misery.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You mean stealing jobs. Privatization of the Post Office is destroying good paying jobs and transferring them to eight and change jobs. You are lying. Why?

Privatization of the Post Office is destroying good paying jobs

Email, fax and unaffordable pension liabilities are destroying the Post Office.

You are lying.

No, Obama really is destroying the middle class.

Your repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

Madam, you are engaging in some serious denial. Email and faxes may hasten people's transactions, but the loss of revenue at the Post Office is monumental. Obama instigated the highest Federal Tax Hike in history with the Obamacare tax, which his party said would lower health care costs. People are being lied to by Obama, and you're not understanding exactly how true Toddsterpatriot's words are in your worshipful blindness to the incompetent acts (in their best light) of President Barack Obama.

His egregious tax hikes, angry political divisiveness, obfuscations, war on energy companies, using the IRS to do chipping on conservatives, and badmouthing this nation's history when he is overseas have all contributed to destroying America's middle class.

You need to disabuse yourself of your delusions about President Obama. He has a bad attitude toward America, and Benghazi's revelations about high-level refusal to allow armed embassy guards to load their guns with terrorist-stopping bullets is a direct violation of his Constitutional duty of providing for the common defense not to mention his Oath of Office.

Privatization of the Post Office is destroying good paying jobs

Email, fax and unaffordable pension liabilities are destroying the Post Office.

You are lying.

No, Obama really is destroying the middle class.

Madam, you are engaging in some serious denial. Email and faxes may hasten people's transactions, but the loss of revenue at the Post Office is monumental. Obama instigated the highest Federal Tax Hike in history with the Obamacare tax, which his party said would lower health care costs. People are being lied to by Obama, and you're not understanding exactly how true Toddsterpatriot's words are in your worshipful blindness to the incompetent acts (in their best light) of President Barack Obama.

His egregious tax hikes, angry political divisiveness, obfuscations, war on energy companies, using the IRS to do chipping on conservatives, and badmouthing this nation's history when he is overseas have all contributed to destroying America's middle class.

You need to disabuse yourself of your delusions about President Obama. He has a bad attitude toward America, and Benghazi's revelations about high-level refusal to allow armed embassy guards to load their guns with terrorist-stopping bullets is a direct violation of his Constitutional duty of providing for the common defense not to mention his Oath of Office.

So, you got nothing either. You cannot manage to address the issue so you move to deflect.

Tell me again how stopping Staples from offering postal services will save the USPS.

Get off your ass and go read it.

The silly article that doesn't prove your claim or answer my question?
That was funny.
Try again?

How funny is it, hotshot? You came in and ran your mouth. I have posted this many times. Get off your ass and read what I have written so far. Too much for you? Not my problem.

The silly article that doesn't prove your claim or answer my question?
That was funny.
Try again?

How funny is it, hotshot? You came in and ran your mouth. I have posted this many times. Get off your ass and read what I have written so far. Too much for you? Not my problem.

The article is funny, your claims are funny.

You started here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/352857-boycott-staples-38.html#post9057986

No? You thought you knew what had been discussed prior, amiright?

No?

So, you got nothing either. You cannot manage to address the issue so you move to deflect.
What a load. Did the toadies at the DNC talking points arena tell you to tell defenders of Republicans 'you got nothing?" Or did you sense you would get approbation for making light of the harshness others know of Obama's war on his fellow Americans by using the IRS to target his "enemies," the Republican Party's members and Constitutional conservative scholars?

I repeat, if you are truly an American citizen who has been confused by rhetoric and not fact, you are in some serious denial about Obama's Alinsky goals for ridding his small following of the Constitution as it was written for a more perfect union than the matches with which he is playing.

What a load. Did the toadies at the DNC talking points arena tell you to tell defenders of Republicans 'you got nothing?" Or did you sense you would get approbation for making light of the harshness others know of Obama's war on his fellow Americans by using the IRS to target his "enemies," the Republican Party's members and Constitutional conservative scholars?

I repeat, if you are truly an American citizen who has been confused by rhetoric and not fact, you are in some serious denial about Obama's Alinsky goals for ridding his small following of the Constitution as it was written for a more perfect union than the matches with which he is playing.

You don't have an argument. You have incoherent tangents that have nothing to do with the Post Office. You got nothing.

From where I sit, it's you who has nothing but a sketchy article. Answer questions posed to you, and maybe folks will get back on track. Until you do, YOU and obama are fair game.

Forum List

Back