🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boys missing at sea :(

And that is exactly what they did. They had told them they could not go out into the ocean.
When I was even younger I was sent out to the wilderness alone to hunt, survive, and perform certain tasks as one of my rites of passage into manhood. Smothering children, which you and several other idiots on this thread seem to think is ok, seems to be a white man's quirk. The rest of the world throughout history has seen the wisdom of letting their boys become men. I could have eaten something poisonous or been torn apart by wild animals, but it was an experience I'll treasure forever and I had a right to take that risk.
So, telling two 14 year olds that they should not take their 19 foot boat out into the ocean without adult supervision is smothering them? No, that is called being a responsible parent.

They did, and what did the boys do? They went out into the ocean. I don't know if you are aware of this, but boys that age don't listen to their mom and dad a lot of times. That is just one more reason why I think they should probably change that rule. I do not think 14-year-old children should be operating a boat without adult supervision. Having an adult on board is NOT harming them.
Yes it is. Helicopter parenting undermines their confidence, stifles their growth, and frustrates their quest for progressive independence. We're not talking about infants here, we're talking about teenage boys. And if impulsiveness is your standard, then we should infantilize people until they're well into their twenties because most of the people getting lost and inducing search and rescue operations are NOT kids.
Letting them take the boat into the inter-coastal waterway was giving them independence. Had they allowed them to take it out into the ocean as you seem to suggest would have been fine, exposes them to dangers they are not equipped, at 14, to handle.
But they didn't so WTF are you talking about? You are the rubber room warriors who are saying that even the permission the parents gave for boating within a certain perimeter was wrong.

Now here comes ChrisL again to insist she isn't saying the parents were wrong. Good Ghandi, such serious denial!

Gonna turn him loose on the Atlantic alone and expose him to that risk along with other risks, are ya? Ok. :cuckoo:

The parents are idiots to trust 14 year olds to do as told.
Then I plan to be an idiot in 2 years when my oldest turns 14 because I'm going to teach him the right way, expose him to risk, and expect him to do the right thing.
I'd like to hear you in two years after his potentially big mistake.

Was just at the beach with 7 boys aged 10-14. The 14 year olds experienced their first romance when they came across three girls. The rule was, they could sit out on the beach until midnight but they had to walk the girls home by that time. I was asleep when they came up the steps like water buffaloes at 2:30.

I didn't say anything just waiting to see if my grandson would tell me the truth. He couldn't wait, lol. He told me they came in at 2:30, had his first kiss and carried the girl home (a long distance) on his back. I just let him know that we have to agree on terms to keep our trust strong. He apologized but kept on talking about the experience. Just loved his excitement.

Then I plan to be an idiot in 2 years when my oldest turns 14 because I'm going to teach him the right way, expose him to risk, and expect him to do the right thing.

Was just at the beach with 7 boys aged 10-14. The 14 year olds experienced their first romance when they came across three girls. The rule was, they could sit out on the beach until midnight but they had to walk the girls home by that time. I was asleep when they came up the steps like water buffaloes at 2:30.

I didn't say anything just waiting to see if my grandson would tell me the truth. He couldn't wait, lol. He told me they came in at 2:30, had his first kiss and carried the girl home (a long distance) on his back. I just let him know that we have to agree on terms to keep our trust strong. He apologized but kept on talking about the experience. Just loved his excitement.
Not quite the same.

Not quite the same.

You're right. Walking on the beach and going into the ocean unsupervised are two different things. But keeping the lines of communication and trust open is important for all new experiences. Baby steps.

And that is exactly what they did. They had told them they could not go out into the ocean.
So, telling two 14 year olds that they should not take their 19 foot boat out into the ocean without adult supervision is smothering them? No, that is called being a responsible parent.

They did, and what did the boys do? They went out into the ocean. I don't know if you are aware of this, but boys that age don't listen to their mom and dad a lot of times. That is just one more reason why I think they should probably change that rule. I do not think 14-year-old children should be operating a boat without adult supervision. Having an adult on board is NOT harming them.
Yes it is. Helicopter parenting undermines their confidence, stifles their growth, and frustrates their quest for progressive independence. We're not talking about infants here, we're talking about teenage boys. And if impulsiveness is your standard, then we should infantilize people until they're well into their twenties because most of the people getting lost and inducing search and rescue operations are NOT kids.
Letting them take the boat into the inter-coastal waterway was giving them independence. Had they allowed them to take it out into the ocean as you seem to suggest would have been fine, exposes them to dangers they are not equipped, at 14, to handle.
But they didn't so WTF are you talking about? You are the rubber room warriors who are saying that even the permission the parents gave for boating within a certain perimeter was wrong.

Now here comes ChrisL again to insist she isn't saying the parents were wrong. Good Ghandi, such serious denial!
I never said that, you mentally dysfunctional prick. You are the one here telling bullshit stories about your becoming a man (still a long way to go there) and calling parents who just might not want their 14 year old sons out in a 19 foot boat in the Atlantic "helicopter" parents.

I never said that, you mentally dysfunctional prick. You are the one here telling bullshit stories about your becoming a man (still a long way to go there) and calling parents who just might not want their 14 year old sons out in a 19 foot boat in the Atlantic "helicopter" parents.
Why don't you tell a few bullshit stories, poop stain? Then I can scream "Liar!" It requires no special talent. You don't know shit about Native American culture, but don't let that stop you from making an ass out of yourself.

Why don't you tell a few bullshit stories, poop stain? Then I can scream "Liar!" It requires no special talent. You don't know shit about Native American culture, but don't let that stop you from making an ass out of yourself.
Sure you are a Native American.

Got news for you, you don't have to way two years to be an idiot. You already are.
Life is too short. Ignored.
For morons like you and, sadly, for your children, that may be true.

Forum List

Back