Brad Pitt has Never Been Accused of Sexual Harassment...Average Joe Does

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment.
Or maybe Brad Pitt doesn't sexually harass women.
Well, I think you're both right.

Talk about "gray areas". This is an issue that could pretty easily spin out of control, especially in this bizarre, intellectually dishonest, hyperbole-soaked time we're living in.

There is literally no way to define this specifically, and yet lives can be ruined by accusation, even if the accusation is a lie.

We need to be careful here, and there is zero (0) reason to believe we WILL be.

Most of these are not cases of hitting on someone clumsily. Believe me I've done it plenty of times, from the pathetic drunk attempt at a neck kiss during a formal dance, to the brush your hands against hers at the bar. Trust me you know when you've crossed a line, and usually are told right away, then you back off, then no harm no foul except for some awkwardness. (oh god, the awkwardness)

Walking around naked in your hotel room when underlings come in and out is not clumsy hitting on. Having a freaking lock buzzer in your office is not clumsy hitting on. being frisky in an elevator over and over and over is not clumsy hitting on.
I do get that, but everyone has their own personal boundaries, and different levels of sensitivity to, uh, attention. What is "too far" for one isn't even on the radar screen of another.

Plus, given the way things are right now -- and I don't like saying this -- the potential for fraud (or even collusion among victims) is clearly there.

The one size fits all bullshit is, bullshit after all. How many women do you know that dissed a "good Man", for the stereotypical "bad boy". I've know dozens. These were not the guys that asked for first kiss, but took what they wanted, and the female loved it!. Sends a signal to others, want to get some, be the bad boy. I stayed with my upbringing and remained the gentleman, but knew a lot of guys that said "screw this, I'm getting me some".

Yes, in the workplace one should always be professional, Men & Women, but being afraid to compliment someone, and that is where this is headed, will sure make a more stressful work environment.
How many men think "no" really means "yes"? How many men think that women are just playing "hard to get"? How many men try to force themselves on women and if she rejects him there's "something wrong with HER"?

We had this problem in the Navy after TailHook...and many still don't get it.

Treat women like you'd like your own mother, sister, wife, daughter to be treated....easiest way to stay out of trouble...unless you're a pig to them too.

Oh, OK, so those women who prefer the "Bad Boy" types need to just shut the fuck up and go away?

Gotcha

All women are EXACTLY alike. So why all the makeup then?

I've had hot guys hit on me, but, what makes them gross is their arrogance and attitude that you will want them so they can be assholes. I was never attracted to or interested in them.

So, it's not always about looks. You have to have a little sincerity and charm to go with it.
Yeah, but BRAD PITT?

Talk about "gray areas". This is an issue that could pretty easily spin out of control, especially in this bizarre, intellectually dishonest, hyperbole-soaked time we're living in.

There is literally no way to define this specifically, and yet lives can be ruined by accusation, even if the accusation is a lie.

Most of these are not cases of hitting on someone clumsily. Believe me I've done it plenty of times, from the pathetic drunk attempt at a neck kiss during a formal dance, to the brush your hands against hers at the bar. Trust me you know when you've crossed a line, and usually are told right away, then you back off, then no harm no foul except for some awkwardness. (oh god, the awkwardness)

Walking around naked in your hotel room when underlings come in and out is not clumsy hitting on. Having a freaking lock buzzer in your office is not clumsy hitting on. being frisky in an elevator over and over and over is not clumsy hitting on.
I do get that, but everyone has their own personal boundaries, and different levels of sensitivity to, uh, attention. What is "too far" for one isn't even on the radar screen of another.

Plus, given the way things are right now -- and I don't like saying this -- the potential for fraud (or even collusion among victims) is clearly there.

The one size fits all bullshit is, bullshit after all. How many women do you know that dissed a "good Man", for the stereotypical "bad boy". I've know dozens. These were not the guys that asked for first kiss, but took what they wanted, and the female loved it!. Sends a signal to others, want to get some, be the bad boy. I stayed with my upbringing and remained the gentleman, but knew a lot of guys that said "screw this, I'm getting me some".

Yes, in the workplace one should always be professional, Men & Women, but being afraid to compliment someone, and that is where this is headed, will sure make a more stressful work environment.
It is kinda sad how this is all going. It does look like the whole work thing is a very bad idea. The problem is, most the people I know as age starts to rize, the only people they know are people from work. here is going to be alot of lonely people out there if we do not do some thing soon. Most people are afraid to put themselves out there now add all of this complication to it.
If history is any indication, we're going to massively and comically knee-jerk towards over-compensating for this stuff, then we'll wake the hell up and calm down somewhat.

We can be a pretty silly species.

For most of our time as a society, we turned a blind eye to sexual harassment. Now we are overly sensitive to it. It will swing towards some middle ground soon enough.

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment.

Compliments in the workplace are fine, but compliments based on appearance are not. If you wouldn’t make an appearance based compliment to your male coworkers, they’re just as inappropriate for female coworkers.

Good job. Good idea. Nice work. Those are entirely acceptable. Looking hot today! Is not acceptable. That I have to explain this to you shows that you don’t really consider your female coworkers as equal.

Compliments in the workplace are fine, but compliments based on appearance are not. If you wouldn’t make an appearance based compliment to your male coworkers, they’re just as inappropriate for female coworkers.

Good job. Good idea. Nice work. Those are entirely acceptable. Looking hot today! Is not acceptable. That I have to explain this to you shows that you don’t really consider your female coworkers as equal.

The only exception to that would be to compliment a specific item. "That jacket looks great" or something similar.

The only exception to that would be to compliment a specific item. "That jacket looks great" or something similar.

Or that color goes great with your hair? I've gotten many thanks for that, but not so sure I'd use it today.

Or that color goes great with your hair? I've gotten many thanks for that, but not so sure I'd use it today.

You’d be correct in thinking it isn’t appropriate. Women will thank you for a compliment even if they’re not entirely comfortable with it. We’re taught to be polite that way.

Do you remember when Walmart employees complained about the company employee policy of having cashiers smile and say thank you to everyone? Men were thinking the female cashiers were coming on to them and they were becoming aggressive with the women. The cashiers asked for and received permission to stop doing this.

I hate to be saying this but it’s becoming obvious that men need training on inappropriate workplace behaviour.

You’d be correct in thinking it isn’t appropriate. Women will thank you for a compliment even if they’re not entirely comfortable with it. We’re taught to be polite that way.

Do you remember when Walmart employees complained about the company employee policy of having cashiers smile and say thank you to everyone? Men were thinking the female cashiers were coming on to them and they were becoming aggressive with the women. The cashiers asked for and received permission to stop doing this.

Huh, I had several come back on different days to ask if I thought the new color they were wearing went equally well? I don't think they felt a bit like it was inappropriate. But, maybe you are right that was maybe 10 years ago.

Getting a compliment on your looks makes you assume the person wants to have sex with you. Def not a stretch and def not appropriate

Getting a compliment on your looks makes you assume the person wants to have sex with you. Def not a stretch and def not appropriate

Really, I'm shocked. I simply like to compliment people period. Guys and Women alike. Not just about looks, but the jobs they do. Had no intention of sexual overture. But then it may have been my demeanor while doing it.

Gonna have to do some thinking on this.

In all seriousness, I'm really not so sure.

We are one hyper-sensitive culture right now, and I can't blame a guy if the only compliments he offers women are work performance-related. And even THEN, it's prudent to measure your words carefully.

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment. When the average guy comes on, clumsily or not, it’s “Get away you pig!” But if a sexy guy were to move in same manner it would be , “Ohhhhhh Brad.” Total bullshit.

It's the "50 Shades" phenomenon. Thought experiment. Instead of the guy being a billionaire, make him the same guy earning $35,000/year driving a garbage truck and living in a mobile home. Romantic movie or sexual assault creep fest? It's real, but whacha goin do bout it?

Think of the money of all the money women will spend today to buy clothes to look sexy, but maybe after all the clothes makeup, and so forth it just becomes a form of game playing with some?

Think of the money of all the money women will spend today to buy clothes to look sexy, but maybe after all the clothes makeup, and so forth it just becomes a form of game playing with some?

I never used makeup. But when I was in an office situation, I did my best to dress nicely and have impeccable grooming.

But if you dressed nice for work, and a gay man grabbed your ass or said you looked "hot", what would your response be?

If Leonardo DiCaprio did it...it would be o.k., I don’t give a shit what the circumstance.

It’s called sexuality. But I smell a liberal P.C. Ploy against successful white males. On our college campuses “ALL” heterosexual white males are to be destroyed.

This whole sexual harassment issue seems like a bunch of bullshit to me. Women get to pick and choose what is or is not harassment. When the average guy comes on, clumsily or not, it’s “Get away you pig!” But if a sexy guy were to move in same manner it would be , “Ohhhhhh Brad.” Total bullshit.

You’re right, but it has more to do with status than looks. Trump was right - if you’re rich and famous you can grab yourself some snatch without a problem

Now, watch as Brad Pitt gets pissed off as hell when Ann Curry touches Brad Pitt's face.

She just sort of assumed she was allowed to do that. If a man did that to a good looking woman? Ohhhh boy.

That's actually a very interesting clip. It's as if the roles were reversed -- she's doing everything a lot of men do to women. She really came on to him hard. LOL

Treat women respectfully and theatre is no problem. Treat them like franken, conyers, and moore then you have a problem. I am glad to see women speaking up. I am married to one who would have spoken up immediately against these repugnant males.
They would not say shit if the guy was “hot.”

When I was young, the hottest guy I knew grabbed my ass. I slapped his face. We weren't dating, but we did know each other. He apologized.

Uninvited touching is still uninvited touching. Even if the guy is hot.

Treat women respectfully and theatre is no problem. Treat them like franken, conyers, and moore then you have a problem. I am glad to see women speaking up. I am married to one who would have spoken up immediately against these repugnant males.
They would not say shit if the guy was “hot.”

When I was young, the hottest guy I knew grabbed my ass. I slapped his face. We weren't dating, but we did know each other. He apologized.

Uninvited touching is still uninvited touching. Even if the guy is hot.
You are in the minority.

Forum List

Back