BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

Probably label him a 'Cult Leader' and 'Child Molester' next. Big Brother knows how much that riles up the Sheeple. A dirty ploy to justify their brutal crimes. Seriously, i hope & pray this man and his family survive this. It's getting pretty ugly.

I sure hope he survives this dispute with Big Brother. We all saw what happened to those women and children at Waco. Big Brother doesn't like to lose. God help him.

A long-simmering dispute between a Nevada cattle rancher and the federal Bureau of Land Management has reached a boiling point, and participants have their fingers crossed it won’t erupt into violence.

Since 1993, Cliven Bundy has been battling the agency, as well as the National Park Service, the Center for Biological Diversity and the courts, to graze his cattle on 150 square miles of Gold Butte scrub land in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control.

“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he asserted, that this includes the right to forage, too.

Furthermore, Bundy has argued that it is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nev., land, not he, and that he is a better steward of the land. He points out that the manure from his cows fertilizes the soil, that he’s built water sources for wildlife, and that his cattle prevent the vegetation from growing overly dense and creating a fire hazard.

But environmentalists, federal officials and the courts disagree. Armed federal officials and contract cowboys have been brought in to execute a 2013 court order and remove the trespassing cattle.

“It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the [endangered desert] tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to,” senior Center for Biological Diversity scientist Rob Mrowka told the Mesquite Local News. “As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

Bundy’s herd also hinders the plants’ ability to recover from wildfires, tramples rare species, damages ancient American Indian cultural sites and endangers recreationists, Mrowka added.

The Bureau of Land Management “has overstepped its boundaries by not letting me access my rights,” he said, and contended that it had inserted “200 armed officers watching our every move and stealing our cattle.” Bundy’s wife, Carol, said snipers are patrolling the family’s ranch.

Spokeswoman Cannon responded that “There are law enforcement and other personnel in place as needed to ensure that the BLM and National Park Service’s employees and contractors are able to conduct operations safely.”

Bundy has vowed to do whatever it takes to protect his property, and his 14 children and hundreds of supporters stand behind him. Dave Bundy, his son, was arrested on Sunday afternoon while attempting to film the contract cowboys at work, and cited for failing to disperse and resisting arrest...

Read More:
Defiant Nevada rancher faces armed federal agents in escalating confiscation standoff - BizPac Review
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Bundy and the right seem to be in a contest to see which one can outkook the other. Bundy acknowledges that the land is, and was, PUBLIC land. That means it was not, and IS not, his private property.

So, could someone PLEASE tell me why this idiot thinks he has any standing to "fire" the BLM? And what the hell are preemptive rights supposed to be?

It sounds like the guy needs a psych evaluation. Naturally, his lunacy makes him the perfect new hero of the right.

Hey dumb ass!!! From what I'm seeing most so called right wingers are siding with the BLM on this.
You'll have to find another issue to try and drum up some hate.
Douche bag....

Eminent Domain doesn't apply to this particular case, but it does resemble it. Look into Eminent Domain a bit more. If Big Brother says it's his, it's his. Very little recourse for the little people.

I can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong.

You got that link showing where i claimed Eminent Domain applied to this particular case? If not, i can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong. Thanks.

Why yes, I happen to have that link.

Nodog-Eminent domain? LOL - REALLY - how is that a factor in this case AT ALL? It isn't.
paulitician - It's a factor, and it's very disturbing.

Now you were saying about being wrong .........

Yes we know, it's for America and the children. Can't have those evil Cattle Grazer Terrorists running around free to wreak havoc on innocent men, women, and children. We must preserve our American way of life.

There is no terrorist. Rhetorical hyperboles is really all you got isn't it?

The travesty here is that he's been allowed to break the rule of law for 20 some odd years with little or no consequence.

Thin that herd. Get them to the market. Beef, it's what's for dinner. :D

Big Brother is the criminal thief in this. And it's so sad so many Americans feel compelled to shill. This man is a good man, he's not a criminal. Especially when compared to the all-too numerous criminals in our Government. Let the man graze his cattle. Big Brother can go to hell.

I agree. They've been in cahoots with this freeloading thief for 20 years now, right? I think Issa needs to investigate. Make those ranchers pay that minimal fee to use the public's land.

Last edited:
Let's see how you feel if the Feds move in and declare your backyard "protected wetlands" because of a rain puddle, and order you to tear down your house.

I would, obviously, not be happy about it. But I would certainy not try to claim that, since I have lived in the house longer than the EPA has been around, I don't have to listen to them.

And that is a bit different than what is happening in Nevada. The rancher does not own the land. It is public land. He stopped paying the grazing fees 21 years ago, and was ordered by a federal judge to remove his cattle from the public lands 16 years ago.

It's not at all different. The land has been ranched by the family for decades. The eco-terrorist regulations being used to drive the rancher out of business were made "after the fact". It's a disgraceful abuse of government power.

Had he paid his grazing fees we wouldnt even be discussing this.
Truthfully I wish I could back the rancher on this but I haven't seen any hard evidence that this anything but him refusing to pay his bills.
If it comes out this is some kind of enviro BS or some good ol boy network scam?
Then hell yes I'm for the rancher.

While law enforcement agencies will negotiate with hostage takers, which is exactly what Koresh was doing with the kids, they also put a SWAT team on the roof to take them out, should they come to the conclusion that the hostages are in danger of being killed or injured by the hostage takers.

Koresh knew that, and he made no effort whatsoever to protect those kids. He was using them as a shield.

Yes, and their blood is certainly on his hands.
In hindsight, I would say the bulldozer was a bad idea. But considering the suicide pact the cultists had made, I understand why officials felt a sense of urgency to try to rescue whoever they could.
But again, in hindsight, I think a more extensive use of non-lethal force (like the tear gas) may have produced a better outcome.

I can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong.

You got that link showing where i claimed Eminent Domain applied to this particular case? If not, i can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong. Thanks.

Nodog-Eminent domain? LOL - REALLY - how is that a factor in this case AT ALL? It isn't.

I did not claim it applied to this particular case. I said Eminent Domain is a factor and is very disturbing. It's nothing to just ignore and dismiss. You misunderstood. So like i said, i can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong. Thanks.

While law enforcement agencies will negotiate with hostage takers, which is exactly what Koresh was doing with the kids, they also put a SWAT team on the roof to take them out, should they come to the conclusion that the hostages are in danger of being killed or injured by the hostage takers.

Koresh knew that, and he made no effort whatsoever to protect those kids. He was using them as a shield.
So what?

So, as someone stated earlier, when one decides to take up arms against a law enforcement agency, there should be no surprise as to what the outcome will be. I am certain that Koresh orchestrated the whole thing to it's inevitable conclusion.

B'loney. The rancher's family had used that land without paying fees for decades. The Feds are trying to harass him out of business. It's also eco-terrorism. The Fed's have declared the grazing area a protective habitat for a tortoise.

1. The rancher's family had been allowed to graze for free on federal land until the Taylor land use act was passed, creating the BLM.

2. No one is "harassing him out of business". He's been actively and admittedly breaking the law for more than 20 years.

3. That area has NOT been declared a "protective habitat" for the tortoise. It's still BLM land, and all of the ranchers that followed the law are still grazing there.

The family started ranching the area in the 1870s. The feds moved in and interfered with their property rights. You can use whatever apparatchik excuse you'd like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's an abuse of government power and an infringement on states' rights.

Why should the Federal government control so much land? There is no national security interest in this.

He doesn't own the land. How can he have property rights?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure ole Big Brother will be labeling this man a 'Cult Leader' and 'Child Molester' any day now. Our Government will say anything to justify its horrible crimes. I really do feel for this guy and his family.

So now that we've aired it out on Waco, perhaps someone can tell me why this is anything other than hyperbole and a pathetic attempt to whip up the faithful in trying to apply any similarities to this rancher.

As far as I know this rancher is not a cultist (well, nothing more serious than mormonism and if that is a cult it is a benign one), he isn't holding hostages, and he hasn't murdered any agents (yet).

I did not claim it applied to this particular case. I said Eminent Domain is a factor and is very disturbing. It's nothing to just ignore and dismiss. You misunderstood. So like i said, i can appreciate it when people admit when they are wrong. Thanks.

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAA

Think anyone will buy it?

I would, obviously, not be happy about it. But I would certainy not try to claim that, since I have lived in the house longer than the EPA has been around, I don't have to listen to them.

And that is a bit different than what is happening in Nevada. The rancher does not own the land. It is public land. He stopped paying the grazing fees 21 years ago, and was ordered by a federal judge to remove his cattle from the public lands 16 years ago.

It's not at all different. The land has been ranched by the family for decades. The eco-terrorist regulations being used to drive the rancher out of business were made "after the fact". It's a disgraceful abuse of government power.

Had he paid his grazing fees we wouldnt even be discussing this.
Truthfully I wish I could back the rancher on this but I haven't seen any hard evidence that this anything but him refusing to pay his bills.
If it comes out this is some kind of enviro BS or some good ol boy network scam?
Then hell yes I'm for the rancher.

I think it began 20 years ago when because of the tortoise the BLM put a quota on his herd of 150 head. That's when he stopped paying the fees.

His ideas about preemptive rights is hilarious. Since he has been there longer than the BLM, he doesn't think he has to follow their laws. lol

Let's see how you feel if the Feds move in and declare your backyard "protected wetlands" because of a rain puddle, and order you to tear down your house.

Oh i'm pretty sure Communist Globalists are all-in on Eminent Domain. If Big Brother says it's his, it's his. End of story. It's so sad so many in this country have become servile Authority-Worshippers.

Oh please! Could you be any more dramatic?? lol

I have seen no serious argument that the land is anything but public land. The gov't didn't take anything away.

And if there are any "Authority Worshippers" (whatever the hell that is) it is certainly not evident in this case. This is about a rancher running a business on public land and refusing to pay the fees. And about ignoring a legitimate court order.

1. The rancher's family had been allowed to graze for free on federal land until the Taylor land use act was passed, creating the BLM.

2. No one is "harassing him out of business". He's been actively and admittedly breaking the law for more than 20 years.

3. That area has NOT been declared a "protective habitat" for the tortoise. It's still BLM land, and all of the ranchers that followed the law are still grazing there.

The family started ranching the area in the 1870s. The feds moved in and interfered with their property rights. You can use whatever apparatchik excuse you'd like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's an abuse of government power and an infringement on states' rights.

Why should the Federal government control so much land? There is no national security interest in this.

He doesn't own the land. How can he have property rights?

He can't obviously - so now bucket your seatbelt for the spin of a lifetime - LOL

So, as someone stated earlier, when one decides to take up arms against a law enforcement agency, there should be no surprise as to what the outcome will be. I am certain that Koresh orchestrated the whole thing to it's inevitable conclusion.

When law enforcement starts murdering your family, you can fight back, or lay down and die.

It's a factor, and it's very disturbing. Do you really own anything? You probably don't even realize that what you think is yours, is actually Big Brother's. If he says it's so, it becomes so.

Bundy has title to the land in question?

Eminent Domain doesn't apply to this particular case, but it does resemble it. Look into Eminent Domain a bit more. If Big Brother says it's his, it's his. Very little recourse for the little people.

Did Bundy EVER have title to the land? And if so, when did he sell it or lose title to it?

And more Americans should become educated on Eminent Domain. Do you really own anything? What's yours, is actually Big Brother's. That's what our Supreme Court ruled a few years back. Most Americans probably don't even realize that.

You never truly own property regardless due to property taxes.
Thats a bigger problem that we should be up in arms about then some rancher who refused to pay grazing fees.

So what?

Yeah when you start murdering law enforcement officers, it is not going to end well for you.
and that of course is completely the fault of law enforcement. Because when you shoot a cop, by all rights he should hand you a lollipop and say thank you.

Last edited:
And that is why it is abuse of government power.

The government Changed The Rules via bureaucratic regulatory fiat.

That is not the Rule of Law, it is the Whim of the Bureaucrat, and a hallmark of totalitarianism.

Yes, and now he's a 'Terrorist.' Just like that, he's branded a 'Criminal' only worthy of being crushed by Big Brother. It's what's best for America and the children. Blah Blah Blah. But the saddest part of this travesty, is seeing so many defend and cheer Big Brother on.

Yeah, he refuses to pay the grazing fees for 21 years and "just like that" he is a criminal.

He defies a federal judge for 16 years and "just like that" he is a criminal.

Except they aren't going after HIM. The feds are moving his cattle. They haven't moved against him at all.

Forum List

Back