BREAKING: 200+ “Militarized” Federal Police Surround Peaceful Rancher in Nevada

And more Americans should become educated on Eminent Domain. Do you really own anything? What's yours, is actually Big Brother's. That's what our Supreme Court ruled a few years back. Most Americans probably don't even realize that.

You never truly own property regardless due to property taxes.
Thats a bigger problem that we should be up in arms about then some rancher who refused to pay grazing fees.

Fine, then you can take that up with your campaign to reform property ownership laws.
In the meantime, kick this deadbeat, welfare cowboy off our land!

People need to read up a bit more on this story. There's much more to it and it goes back a long time. Who's really the 'Thief' and 'Criminal' in this?

YOu said this repeatedly yesterday and I challenged you to provide any information that is relevant to this case. You did not.

All i can say is, read up a bit more on this story. It goes back a long long way. Who is the 'Thief' and 'Criminal' in this? Read up a bit more, you may be surprised to find your perception changing on this. Check it out.

You keep insinuating that there is more to this story then we are aware of.
Please fill us in.
From what I've been able to find out the BLM has every right to kick the guy and his cattle off the land.

Do they? And what about his rights?

Like I've said several times,I want to be on the ranchers side on this.
And you keep saying there's more to the story but you refuse to say what that might be.
PLEASE!!! Help me switch sides on this issue by filling me in on this so far unexplained rights and facts on the issue.

All i can say is, read up a bit more on this story. It goes back a long long way. Who is the 'Thief' and 'Criminal' in this? Read up a bit more, you may be surprised to find your perception changing on this. Check it out.

Please fill us in.
From what I've been able to find out the BLM has every right to kick the guy and his cattle off the land.

His rights? His rights to graze his cattle on public land while refusing to pay the associated fees? His right to defy a federal judge?

His rights have not been violated. He owns over 150,000 acres of land. But his cattle are on public land.

And more Americans should become educated on Eminent Domain. Do you really own anything? What's yours, is actually Big Brother's. That's what our Supreme Court ruled a few years back. Most Americans probably don't even realize that.

Here's a good one:

All Andy Johnson wanted to do was build a stock pond on his sprawling eight-acre Wyoming farm. He and his wife Katie spent hours constructing it, filling it with crystal-clear water, and bringing in brook and brown trout, ducks and geese. It was a place where his horses could drink and graze, and a private playground for his three children.

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection Agency. He claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties – including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

I expect them to label him and his wife 'Terrorists' or 'Criminals' any day now. So sad and pathetic.

I can agree with you on this one. This is total bullshit!

And that is why it is abuse of government power.

The government Changed The Rules via bureaucratic regulatory fiat.

That is not the Rule of Law, it is the Whim of the Bureaucrat, and a hallmark of totalitarianism.

Yes, and now he's a 'Terrorist.' Just like that, he's branded a 'Criminal' only worthy of being crushed by Big Brother. It's what's best for America and the children. Blah Blah Blah. But the saddest part of this travesty, is seeing so many defend and cheer Big Brother on.

Yeah, he refuses to pay the grazing fees for 21 years and "just like that" he is a criminal.

He defies a federal judge for 16 years and "just like that" he is a criminal.

Except they aren't going after HIM. The feds are moving his cattle. They haven't moved against him at all.

B'loney. His family had ranched cattle on that land since the 1870s, long before the BLM was established. The Feds have no business nationalizing private ranch land.

Please fill us in.

His rights? His rights to graze his cattle on public land while refusing to pay the associated fees? His right to defy a federal judge?

His rights have not been violated. He owns over 150,000 acres of land. But his cattle are on public land.

You are sorely mistaken in thinking that Public Land is actually in the interest of the country.

Yes, and now he's a 'Terrorist.' Just like that, he's branded a 'Criminal' only worthy of being crushed by Big Brother. It's what's best for America and the children. Blah Blah Blah. But the saddest part of this travesty, is seeing so many defend and cheer Big Brother on.

Yeah, he refuses to pay the grazing fees for 21 years and "just like that" he is a criminal.

Except they aren't going after HIM. The feds are moving his cattle. They haven't moved against him at all.

B'loney. His family had ranched cattle on that land since the 1870s, long before the BLM was established. The Feds have no business nationalizing private ranch land.

It was never privately owned ranch land. I have seen nothing in any story that shows that the 600,000 acres was ever owned by anyone.

The federal government has owned that land since they bought it from mexico - long before this guy or his family got there.

reload.
Try another talking point - that was has been shot to hell.

The issue is why the Feds think they have the power to take over lands in any state.

You are sorely mistaken in thinking that Public Land is actually in the interest of the country.

Yeah, OK - you can take that up in your campaign to re=-write propertry ownership laws.

Until you are successful in doing that, kindly tell this welfare cowboy to get his cows off our land.

Thank you.

Let's stop all the BS posturing, shall we?

Despite all of the rhetoric proffered by Bundy and his family, can they provide any legal documentation that shows a history of ownership of the land in question even if it's no longer in their name?

Last edited:

The federal government has owned that land since they bought it from mexico - long before this guy or his family got there.

reload.

Was the purpose of the Mexican Cession to turn the Federal Government into a landlord to ranchers?

Who knew?

It's not at all different. The land has been ranched by the family for decades. The eco-terrorist regulations being used to drive the rancher out of business were made "after the fact". It's a disgraceful abuse of government power.

Had he paid his grazing fees we wouldnt even be discussing this.
Truthfully I wish I could back the rancher on this but I haven't seen any hard evidence that this anything but him refusing to pay his bills.
If it comes out this is some kind of enviro BS or some good ol boy network scam?
Then hell yes I'm for the rancher.

I think it began 20 years ago when because of the tortoise the BLM put a quota on his herd of 150 head. That's when he stopped paying the fees.

If it's all about the tortoise then I feel a little more sympathy for the rancher.
Does the gov think the cows are destroying the tortoise environment? Are they worried the cows are going to step on em?
Cows are pretty stupid but they do watch where they put their feet.
I'm not taking sides on this without more info myself.

Let's stop all the BS posturing shall we.

Despite all of the rhetoric proffered by Bundy and his family, can they provide any legal documentation that shows a history of ownership of the land in question even if it's no longer in their name?

They had a long history of ranching cattle on the land until the BLM, a regulatory body stuffed with unaccountable and politicized bureaucrats decided to impose grazing fees.

You never truly own property regardless due to property taxes.
Thats a bigger problem that we should be up in arms about then some rancher who refused to pay grazing fees.

Fine, then you can take that up with your campaign to reform property ownership laws.
In the meantime, kick this deadbeat, welfare cowboy off our land!

Uuuuh...I agree.

Wow. You collectivists are a nasty bunch.

It's insane and corrupt that the Federal government "owns" 85% of the land in Nevada.

But it was never private ranch land to begin with.

reload.

Was the purpose of the Mexican Cession to turn the Federal Government into a landlord to ranchers?

Who knew?

LOL - so now this deadbeat rancher not paying his grazing fees is a product of .... what .... the Mexican Cessation ????????????

That's the biggest reach I've seen in four threads on this topic - and that is saying something.

LOL

Congratulations

Forum List

Back