BREAKING: Active shooter in Midland/Odessa TX

Which takes me back to 1966, the Texas Tower sniper/shooter. This was the first of its kind I can find. This guy was a typical Texan and loved his mother and family, an ex Marine and sharpshooter. Like Lee Harvey Oswald. Who could have predicted the dark turn either took? Whitman had a brain tumor, what Oswald's excuse was, is anyone's guess.

Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

Details are still coming in. So far, 1 is dead, and 10 or more are injured.

Authorities responding to reports of shootings in West Texas

By Caroline Linton

Updated on: August 31, 2019 / 6:09 PM / CBS News

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.

I do not mean to sound like a douche but I am sure I know why Home Depot was hit.

Many undocumented workers sit around those stores and once all is known it is most likely for that reason.

I know I will bashed for this and I hope I am wrong as hell and will apologize if I am...

No, you are right. You are a douche.

Which takes me back to 1966, the Texas Tower sniper/shooter. This was the first of its kind I can find. This guy was a typical Texan and loved his mother and family, an ex Marine and sharpshooter. Like Lee Harvey Oswald. Who could have predicted the dark turn either took? Whitman had a brain tumor, what Oswald's excuse was, is anyone's guess.
and your point? no one should lose their civil rights because something might happen.

Gun control is the tip of the iceberg

what floats underneath is scary

A president who has declared a border crisis an that there is an invasion

results in El Paso shooting where shooter is targeting Hispanics

Border patrol vigilantes who have no training in patrolling the border taking matters in their own hand

Now another shooting in Odessa which has a large Hispanic population. This is my take and yes it has been fully investigate. But what we know is white male gets pulled over along I 20 which leads to El Paso. He shoots the trooper and from initial reports he had plenty of ammo. Then continues into Odessa and starts doing random shooting.

Words matter and for the unbalanced all it takes is careless use of words

I like guns. I am a conservative now. I would NEVER own a gun My father back in say 1972 almost shot me. It was traumatic, he had what they call now, PTSD, and had a WWII survivors guilt thing and
Putting the known crazy ones in a safe place is a decent start.

Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz should have already been in Mental hospitals.
You can thank the conservative prophet Ronnie Raygun for that.

No, you can blame the public for demanding that mental hospitals be closed.
I keep seeing the ghost or Ronald Regan here. Regan shut down the mental health system. And then John Lennon was shot to death. no, not stabbed, not poisoned. By a mentally ill man. What rational connection is there to a any mass shooting? I am open here....

That is prog spin. The public demanded that mental hospitals be closed due to the horrible conditions and ways that "inconvenient" people were dumped into them.

Simple statements ^^^ like this are an example of arrogance and ignorance:

A brief history of mental health care in California

Ronald Reagan's shameful legacy: Violence, the homeless, mental illness

HOW RELEASE OF MENTAL PATIENTS BEGAN

Oh blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

Progs spin all sorts of nonsense on the interwebs.

In realityland, Reagan signed the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS) in 1967, which enabled private facilities to accept more patients. The law did not force people to accept treatment, so some mentally ill people were able to refuse it. Carter signed legislation that made the national program similar to CA's - funding could be used for private facilites, no forced treatment. When Reagan was President, he signed a budget act that cut federal funding and returned the money to the states to manage mental health care programs - it was a bipartisan effort to return money to the states. So, what the states subsequently did was up to them.

Reagan did not shut down mental hospitals - he enabled people to get care in private facilities instead of the atrociously run government one which the many people wanted closed due to their abuses.

He started this

Well, about a half hour ago, a Home Depot was shot up in Odessa. And, apparently there are 2 of them. One is in a gold and white truck, one is in a postal van.

By Caroline Linton

The Odessa Police Department posted on Facebook that there are "multiple people shot" and at least one suspect driving around in a hijacked mail truck "shooting at random people."

"The suspect just hijacked a U.S. mail carrier truck and was last seen in the area of 38th and Walnut," the Facebook post read. "Everyone is encouraged to get off the road and use extreme caution! All law enforcement is currently searching for the suspect and more information will be released as soon as it becomes available."

The Midland Police Department posted on Facebook they believe two shooters were involved and using two separate vehicles. One suspect is believed to be at the Cinergy movie theater in Midland and the other is believed to be driving on Loop 250 in Midland, the police said.

I do not mean to sound like a douche but I am sure I know why Home Depot was hit.

Many undocumented workers sit around those stores and once all is known it is most likely for that reason.

I know I will bashed for this and I hope I am wrong as hell and will apologize if I am...

Why thank you... Coming from someone like you is a compliment...

Now don't you have a thread to write about how Donald Trump is the reason for the mass shooting in Tejas?

I like guns. I am a conservative now. I would NEVER own a gun My father back in say 1972 almost shot me. It was traumatic, he had what they call now, PTSD, and had a WWII survivors guilt thing and

I keep seeing the ghost or Ronald Regan here. Regan shut down the mental health system. And then John Lennon was shot to death. no, not stabbed, not poisoned. By a mentally ill man. What rational connection is there to a any mass shooting? I am open here....

That is prog spin. The public demanded that mental hospitals be closed due to the horrible conditions and ways that "inconvenient" people were dumped into them.

In realityland, Reagan signed the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS) in 1967, which enabled private facilities to accept more patients. The law did not force people to accept treatment, so some mentally ill people were able to refuse it. Carter signed legislation that made the national program similar to CA's - funding could be used for private facilites, no forced treatment. When Reagan was President, he signed a budget act that cut federal funding and returned the money to the states to manage for mental health care - it was a bipartisan effort to return money to the states. So, what the states subsequently did was up to them.

Reagan did not shut down mental hospitals - he enabled people to get care in private facilities instead of the atrociously run government one which the many people wanted closed due to their abuses.

By Caroline Linton

Now don't you have a thread to write about how Donald Trump is the reason for the mass shooting in Tejas?

That happens every day in Obama's and Hillary Clinton's Chicago..

Nothing new

In realityland, Reagan signed the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act (LPS) in 1967, which enabled private facilities to accept more patients. The law did not force people to accept treatment, so some mentally ill people were able to refuse it. Carter signed legislation that made the national program similar to CA's - funding could be used for private facilites, no forced treatment. When Reagan was President, he signed a budget act that cut federal funding and returned the money to the states to manage for mental health care - it was a bipartisan effort to return money to the states. So, what the states subsequently did was up to them.

No shit your mental

Gun control is the tip of the iceberg

what floats underneath is scary

A president who has declared a border crisis an that there is an invasion

results in El Paso shooting where shooter is targeting Hispanics

Border patrol vigilantes who have no training in patrolling the border taking matters in their own hand

Now another shooting in Odessa which has a large Hispanic population. This is my take and yes it has been fully investigate. But what we know is white male gets pulled over along I 20 which leads to El Paso. He shoots the trooper and from initial reports he had plenty of ammo. Then continues into Odessa and starts doing random shooting.

Words matter and for the unbalanced all it takes is careless use of words
Yes a white male with MS13 tats with a last name that isn't Anglo Saxon

By Caroline Linton

Nothing new

Yes it does and by people that are usually not allow to own a firearm because of a criminal conviction...

By Caroline Linton

Nothing new

Yes it does and by people that are usually not allow to own a firearm because of a criminal conviction...
Yet they are free...

and your point? no one should lose their civil rights because something might happen.
We are walking on the razors edge between a civil right and being an insipid enabler. I am not a liberal, I am a neoconservative. And this shit, pains me...

We are walking on the razors edge between a civil right and being an insipid enabler. I am not a liberal, I am a neoconservative. And this shit, pains me...
Irrelevant

Stop releasing violent criminals.

Yet another mass shooting... guns aren't the problem. Mentally ill people existed since Hec was a pup. But in 1966, the infamous Texas tower shooter and a legal gun owner developed a brain tumor and he then shot and killed his mother and eventually killed 14 innocent people and wounded 31 others. So flash forward now? How on gods green earth are you going to know ahead of time who is going to develop a mental defect that would lead them to a mass shooting? Our 2nd Amendment or our forefathers never anticipated that. How do we address that now? Kicking the proverbial can down the road...you cant..

Putting the known crazy ones in a safe place is a decent start.

Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz should have already been in Mental hospitals.

Sort of,but it is more complicated then that. There were real problems with institutionalization and people forceably committed who should not have been. The advent of new and more effective medications also meant many people did not need to be warehoused in those facilities.

The problem was, though, that some people really do need that kind environment. In addition many states closed their institutions and instead of using the money to build community facilities and support, they spent it elsewhere. People were dumped in the streets with inadequate support and treatment. It was horrible and it is still because mental health is chronically underfunded and first to be cut. And the NIMBY mentality makes it even harder. :(

Forum List

Back