Breaking -- Donald Agrees Not to Back Out of NAAFTA.

How can you judge any president by their first 100 days.that's simply not reasonable.. I didn't expect his Agenda to go through smoothly . I knew that he wouldn't be able to put in place all the policies trump supporters voted for. The fact that the democrats are obstructing his every move makes it impossible for immediate success. It's clear that no matter what he does good or bad democrats will try to stop it.. they literally admit to a goal of impeachment..obviously this is going to be a long battle. I don't even expect to be able to judge his policies anytime soon... you can't say he has failed when the policies aren't even put in place. Then you need to wait and see the results after policies are established.even if all his orders and agendas were running now I wouldn't be able to accurately deem them good or bad based on 100 days

at the moment his executive orders are able to be blocked by 1 person. All it takes is 1 federal judge as seen in the travel ban and sanctuary city exec orders.

Obviously this is a problem. And both sides should be able to see this.If Hilary had won and her national security executive orders were blocked by 1 federal judge I wouldn't agree with this either.

1 unelected federal judge should not be able to block these executive orders. What's the point in even having a President and executive branch and power if policies are decided by 1 judge..

These judges were not voted into this power of decision making , the president is.

It goes both ways. Same for president Obamas national security exec orders and executive decision making.. I disagreed with many of his actions but I am logical and I realize that despite my opinion or the senates opinion of those orders the executive has the last word in such decisions. Do you actually think that 1 judge should determine these orders?

One thing Trump does, he gives up then comes back from another direction. He gets what he wants.

I've used that technique myself.

Trump telephoned Justin Trudeau in regards to the softwood lumber mess, and the White House characterized the phone call as very friendly and very positive.

Trudeau said the call was neither friendly or positive, and that Canada will defend its lumber industry vigorously. After which Trump backed down on pulling out of NAFTA.

Canadians are talking about boycotting American imports in response to the lumber tariff.

NAFTA was disastrous for the middle class....can we at least agree on that?

I have always hated NAFTA. My husband returned to school after we were married to become a cabinet maker. When NAFTA came in, the entire industry moved to the US. What jobs that were left were paying minimum wage - half what my husband had been making before NAFTA.

In the City of Oshawa, just outside of Toronto, there were 20,000 auto workers working for General Motors, or their local suppliers. Those jobs now are gone, but Oshawa has recovered, and is one of the best places in Canada to go to find work.

Canada has suffered some of the same problems as the US - off-shoring, loss of manufacturing, and we took mega-hits during the 2008 Recession, but our economy bounced back quicker than yours. We didn't have a housing bubble, our banks didn't collapse because they were more regulated than US banks (no sub-prime mortgages or the derivitives that flowed from them), but we have a stronger social safety net, and that made the recovery quicker as well.

'The handwriting is on the wall' for Trump's presidency

It certainly is ...

2203079.jpg

One thing Trump does, he gives up then comes back from another direction. He gets what he wants.

I've used that technique myself.

Trump telephoned Justin Trudeau in regards to the softwood lumber mess, and the White House characterized the phone call as very friendly and very positive.

Trudeau said the call was neither friendly or positive, and that Canada will defend its lumber industry vigorously. After which Trump backed down on pulling out of NAFTA.

Canadians are talking about boycotting American imports in response to the lumber tariff.

NAFTA was disastrous for the middle class....can we at least agree on that?

I have always hated NAFTA. My husband returned to school after we were married to become a cabinet maker. When NAFTA came in, the entire industry moved to the US. What jobs that were left were paying minimum wage - half what my husband had been making before NAFTA.

In the City of Oshawa, just outside of Toronto, there were 20,000 auto workers working for General Motors, or their local suppliers. Those jobs now are gone, but Oshawa has recovered, and is one of the best places in Canada to go to find work.

Canada has suffered some of the same problems as the US - off-shoring, loss of manufacturing, and we took mega-hits during the 2008 Recession, but our economy bounced back quicker than yours. We didn't have a housing bubble, our banks didn't collapse because they were more regulated than US banks (no sub-prime mortgages or the derivitives that flowed from them), but we have a stronger social safety net, and that made the recovery quicker as well.
And cheaper college and training for techie jobs I'll bet- what we're missing here- all to save the rich and giant corps from paying their fair share here, That's what NAFTA could have brought in the US but did in Canada. Same with all the other free trade agreements...

Trumps list would be shorter if he counted the campaign promises he kept.

He said he would get rid of NAFTA and now he is renegotiating with Nieto and Trudeau.

Nothing on ACA, his EOs go into the gutter, Flynn is running from the Russians and the FBI and the Turks, Ivanka is more concerned with clothing than country, and so forth.

You Trumpertarians all said "give him a chance." Well?

• Trump has always over-promised and under-delivered.
  • His signature initiatives are either delayed or dead on arrival.
  • The Trump presidency, in its early days, is already looking like a failed effort.
Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt renegotiation: White House

Did he say he would get rid of NAFTA? He said many times that it was a raw deal, but I don't recall him saying he was going to repeal it. He doesn't have the authority to repeal it on his own.

I tried to tell people, he's not the candidate you think he is... but did they listen? Nooooo...

The thing is...he's hitting the reality wall.

It's just like with Jimmy Carter - came in with his merry band of outsiders gonna change Washington. But it's not just Washington - it's realizing this stuff is a shit load more complicated then it looks when you're campaigning....

and when donald ran his mouth off, he as clueless as to the ramifications of the policies he was spewing about.

now someone told him that if he takes the US out of NAAFTA, then China is going to benefit and create the relationships that we walked away from.

so now we're still in NAAFTA which was intended all along to keep China at bay.

I tried to tell people, he's not the candidate you think he is... but did they listen? Nooooo...

It's just like with Jimmy Carter - came in with his merry band of outsiders gonna change Washington. But it's not just Washington - it's realizing this stuff is a shit load more complicated then it looks when you're campaigning....

and when donald ran his mouth off, he as clueless as to the ramifications of the policies he was spewing about.

now someone told him that if he takes the US out of NAAFTA, then China is going to benefit and create the relationships that we walked away from.

No one mentioned China when NAFTA was passed, dingbat.

How is China going to "take advantage of the US getting out of NAFTA," by flooding China with cheap shit?

Let them go for it.

He said he would get rid of NAFTA and now he is renegotiating with Nieto and Trudeau.

Nothing on ACA, his EOs go into the gutter, Flynn is running from the Russians and the FBI and the Turks, Ivanka is more concerned with clothing than country, and so forth.

• The Trump presidency, in its early days, is already looking like a failed effort.
Trump agrees not to terminate NAFTA treaty 'at this time,' will attempt renegotiation: White House

Did he say he would get rid of NAFTA? He said many times that it was a raw deal, but I don't recall him saying he was going to repeal it. He doesn't have the authority to repeal it on his own.

how many times do you and your ilk watch the donald say things and then say "i never said that"...while watching the videos of him saying exactly what we said he spewed in the first place?

you trump loons are so funny

so he had a nice conversation with the leaders of china and mexico and he's sticking with NAAFTA.

Trump agrees "not to terminate NAFTA at this time", will negotiate - CNNPolitics.com

the trumpsters are going to be sobbing about this one.
He's renegotiating it, numbskull, which is indistinguishable from ending it.

no...he isn't.

ad he has no leverage to negotiate it.

trump loon

You mean Obama had no leverage to negotiate the Paris agreement, TPP and the iran fiasco?

how many times do you and your ilk watch the donald say things and then say "i never said that"...while watching the videos of him saying exactly what we said he spewed in the first place?

you trump loons are so funny

Please post a link to such a video.

How is China going to "take advantage of the US getting out of NAFTA," by flooding China with cheap shit?

Let them go for it.

ok bubbalah...let's pretend you weren't duped.

his nonsense about china ended after "ten minutes listening" during his meeting with china's president.

you're still not getting it... he's not smart or knowledgeable enough to know what he's doing. he listens to the last person he had a conversation with before he makes his decision.

in this case, the last people were the smart people in the room... unlike trump loons who actually think a so-called billionaire who hides his tax returns is a "man of the people".

:rofl:

Let them go for it.

ok bubbalah...let's pretend you weren't duped.

his nonsense about china ended after "ten minutes listening" during his meeting with china's president.

you're still not getting it... he's not smart or knowledgeable enough to know what he's doing. he listens to the last person he had a conversation with before he makes his decision.

in this case, the last people were the smart people in the room... unlike trump loons who actually think a so-called billionaire who hides his tax returns is a "man of the people".

:rofl:

How does any of your babbling disprove what I posted?

Can we now officially declare Trump sold out to the GOP Establishment?

Goddam, you people might as well have elected Jeb Bush. You'd have pretty much gotten the same agenda, plus you would have gotten someone with at least a modicum of sanity and dignity.

Forum List

Back