BREAKING**Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

You're a 200 proof idiot, Fakey. The court did not rule that ACA was legal. It ruled only that the provision allowing the IRS to fine us for not buying insurance was legal. It ventured no opinion on any other part of the bill.

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. It will be difficult for even the liberal hacks on the court to rule against the explicit language in the bill.

Yup, it did, and, yup, you are wrong.

Your chicken coop has been cleaned out, son.

The two teapers are two of three rightties on the DC court, which is 9 to 4 Dem.

The other court ruled 3 to 0 in favor of ACA subsidies.

bripat, pretending the moon is green will not make it so.

So being able to predict how a court will rule on who appointed them instead of the letter of the law you think is a good thing? If that's the case our courts have outlived their usefulness and are no better than the political hacks that appoint them. An unbiased judiciary is a linchpin of our society, when we lose that our country is doomed.

the ruling will be overturned

the government asked for a full panel review

by all eleven judges

which used to be eight

until obama packed three more onto the circuit

just for a rainy day like this

OKTexas, you expect the hard right on SCOTUS to vote a certain way.

So do I. As I know how the four lefties will vote.

No where did I say it was good thing: you only, said it. Grow up.

I told the truth about what is likely to happen.

An unbiased judiciary will have no problem with government health care.

We have had since the government was formed.

An unbiased court will follow the letter of the law, it's up to congress to fix it not the court. In this case the letter of the law is unambiguous, the dems tried to leverage the States into creating an exchange and it backfired, simple as that.

Quick, email SCOTUS.

But Rep Frog Boy II, if we add the worse off and the about the same we get 81%.... Idiot likes to play with polls like all subversive lying mother fuckers do!

Yes, idiots like you get called out for playing with polls falsely.

Then you are exposed, then you lose, and then you whine.

Your HYPOCRISY, Rep Frog Boy II is almost beyond belief. You fuck with a poll and when I do the exact same thing, get a bigger number,you go NUTS.... Sorry, child, YOU LOST, and everyone sees it!.....

The Townhall fucked with it, you followed the fuck up, and I corrected it.

As usual.

Step along.

5.3 Third-Party Beneficiary Contract Claims | Federal Practice Manual for Legal Aid Attorneys

i was tired of you pulling your normal bullshit.
Now that we have established that contracts are real we can move onto other things.

waits for it....

Damn you provided a link to a contract that has nothing to do with insurance companies to prove that the government contracted with insurance companies.

Good job at proving how stupid one of us is.

and there it is. we are done here.

Yeah we are. It shouldn't have hurt anyone.

Yup, it did, and, yup, you are wrong.

Your chicken coop has been cleaned out, son.

The two teapers are two of three rightties on the DC court, which is 9 to 4 Dem.

The other court ruled 3 to 0 in favor of ACA subsidies.

bripat, pretending the moon is green will not make it so.

So being able to predict how a court will rule on who appointed them instead of the letter of the law you think is a good thing? If that's the case our courts have outlived their usefulness and are no better than the political hacks that appoint them. An unbiased judiciary is a linchpin of our society, when we lose that our country is doomed.

the ruling will be overturned

the government asked for a full panel review

by all eleven judges

which used to be eight

until obama packed three more onto the circuit

just for a rainy day like this
Why do you lie?

Filling vacancies isn't "packing."

"From 1984 to 2009, there were twelve seats on the D.C. Circuit. One of those seats was eliminated by the Court Security Improvement Act of 2007 on January 7, 2008, with immediate effect, leaving the number of authorized judgeships at eleven."

United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

The gvt will honor their agreement with the Insurance companies on the exchange covering people getting the subsidies this year is what I read last night...they will be paid what was agreed to with the insurance companies and the policy holder, and the federal gvt.

It's the enrollment for next year that has been thrown in to chaos...

I also read last night that the solution could be the States without the exchanges contracting Health Care .gov as their State exchange....it's a simple fix.

Right now, there is a state contracting with Connecticut, to use the Connecticut State exchange's software and program to run their own State's system....it tried with it's own program to run its own state exchange but it failed so, they went to Connecticut which was successful with their developed exchange system and have contracted with them to be able to use it on their own exchange...

So, since this was okay and considered an exchange in the state leasing it, then states should be able to contract with the federal gvt to use the federal exchange's software and system or should be able to lease Connecticut's system like the other state....

The gvt will honor their agreement with the Insurance companies on the exchange covering people getting the subsidies this year is what I read last night...they will be paid what was agreed to with the insurance companies and the policy holder, and the federal gvt.

I also read last night that the solution could be the States without the exchanges contracting Health Care .gov as their State exchange....it's a simple fix.

Right now, there is a state contracting with Connecticut, to use the Connecticut State exchange's software and program to run their own State's system....it tried with it's own program to run its own state exchange but it failed so, they went to Connecticut which was successful with their developed exchange system and have contracted with them to be able to use it on their own exchange...

So, since this was okay and considered an exchange in the state leasing it, then states should be able to contract with the federal gvt to use the federal exchange's software and system or should be able to lease Connecticut's system like the other state....

if HealthCare.gov becomes their 'State' exchange.....does that mean the state is liable for funding after the Fed funds are cut....?

Last edited:

if HealthCare.gov becomes their 'State' exchange.....does that mean the state is liable for funding after the Fed funds are cut....?
I don't know Screaming Eagle....

give me some time to research, and I will see what I can find out...

Unfunded mandates? Go figure.

So in short what I am hearing is not only did we not know what was in it until it passed, but now it doesn't really say what it says.

Not sure about the rest of you, but when something doesn't work as advertised, I don't buy it.

It just amazes me the convolutions the dems are going through to parse "in the state exchanges" as meaning the federal as well. It's clear from the history that was exactly the intent, to force buy-in from the states and have them set up their own exchanges. That hasn't happened, in droves. I think at last count only about 18 states out of 50 have their own exchanges. The people are voting, and it's not the way the law assumed they would.

Their intent hasn't been meet, since the states haven't set up their own exchanges. Sorry, they wrote a bad law and miscalculated the resistance they would meet, but it's not the job of the courts to protect people from bad laws, rather to rule on them as written.

Unfunded mandates? Go figure.

So in short what I am hearing is not only did we not know what was in it until it passed, but now it doesn't really say what it says.

Not sure about the rest of you, but when something doesn't work as advertised, I don't buy it.

the majority of states rejected the ACA because it would cost them a bundle while being obligated to jump through unknown Federal hoops....

the ACA says that exchanges must be self-sufficient by January 2015....

doesn't this point to the idea that federal subsidies are illegal if the Fed exchanges are not self-sufficient just like the state exchanges...?

Vigilante is off on another rant.

Roberts' court, other than crafting new rights for business, is dedicated to preserving legislation as it did with ACA, as it will with these suits.

Tis what it is.

Their intent hasn't been meet, since the states haven't set up their own exchanges. Sorry, they wrote a bad law and miscalculated the resistance they would meet, but it's not the job of the courts to protect people from bad laws, rather to rule on them as written.

So they wrote the law fully intending to leave the states that use the federal exchange out of using subsidies....thus making the system unworkable in those select states.

You're basically saying congress wrote a law with a self-destruct written into it with states that don't setup their own exchange. That is crazy and untrue.

That is exactly what they did, to foist the administration and costs from the feds to the states. They were hoping that the states who didn't set up exchanges would get political pressure (i.e. democratic) to set up their exchanges, with the talking point that people are losing out on federal largesse. Unfortunately for them, most states can run the numbers and see that the exchanges are fiscally untenable, just like the expansion of medicare is fiscally untenable, unless you can print your own money like the feds.

Forum List

Back