🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING**Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

So it's our job to come up with a plan for the Federal Government to provide comprehensive health care, so if we're not doing it, we are shirking our responsibility. I don't agree with your assertion.

Not what he said.
He said if you don't - then you are going to pegged as people who just don't give enough of a crap about those without healthcare to actually do anything about it.

Not gonna be too popular.

If that's your position - fine. Say it boldly and proudly.

Just don't be surprised when you get waxed at the ballot box.

Well, since libertarians poll about 1%, what are you thinking we're going to go down to? Or is this another duh, dar, drool, libertarians are Republicans post? A mental powerhouse you are.

As for your post, I was confuse when you said he didn't say it's our job to present a plan, then said what he did say is it's our job to present a plan. Can you point me to the healthcare clause in the constitution.

And, a few hours later, a 4rth Circuit Court panel makes the exact opposite decision as the DC circuit court panel.

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/king_usca4_20140722.pdf

So, the score is now 3-1 in favor of Obama. He's been doing very well in the courts. I'm not sure where conservatives get the kook rumor that says the opposite.

And as others have pointed out, the bad ruling only affects states that have refused to set up exchanges. Red states screwing themselves, that is. And that only until it's reversed on appeal, as it almost certainly will be, being the legal reasoning behind it was nonsense. I wouldn't count on the SC to help. If Roberts wasn't on board before the ACA was implemented, he won't change now, given the much bigger political cost of removing insurance from millions.

hard to imagine so many people want so many people to go without health insurance just because they don't like the POTUS ... the SC has already ruled for Healthcare, I can't see them taking it away from 4 million people.

Actually, it has nothing to do with people not wanting people to have health insurance...and most certainly has nothing to do with who the President of the United States.

Most that are against the ACA feel it is not right for the federal government to mandate that ANYONE have to buy ANYTHING from the day they are born to the day they die.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

I don't buy that a second. Medicare does not have a hard mandate. Rather, it has financial penalties if you don't sign up when you're first eligible, but then try to sign up later. Obama could have gone with that in the ACA, and people suggested that. But Chairwoman Pelosi thought otherwise.

The gop opposition would be just the same.

We the People pay into Medicare based on income. When on medicare there is also a % of SS taken out to pay for medicare. Medicare is NOT free...

People in Blue states will get full subsidized healthcare and expanded Medicare

People in Red States will get nothing

What could be wrong with that?

nothing.....all the people who want subsidies will move to the blue states.....that should be interesting.....

That is interesting

Red States will continue to subsidize healthcare for people in Blue States and Blue States become more powerful politically

Works for me

it will just hasten the Blue States on their way to Detroit heaven.....

Actually, it has nothing to do with people not wanting people to have health insurance...and most certainly has nothing to do with who the President of the United States.

Most that are against the ACA feel it is not right for the federal government to mandate that ANYONE have to buy ANYTHING from the day they are born to the day they die.

I don't buy that a second. Medicare does not have a hard mandate. Rather, it has financial penalties if you don't sign up when you're first eligible, but then try to sign up later. Obama could have gone with that in the ACA, and people suggested that. But Chairwoman Pelosi thought otherwise.

I don't give a crap if you buy it or not.

For the first time in US history, the federal government is mandating one buys something from the day you are born to the day you die.

It is in direct contradiction to the conservative ideology.

That is why conservatives oppose it.

It may be why they should be against it, but the reality is any goper who suggested the fed govt have any role in helping uninsured folks get coverage got tea partied. If you're too thick to have noticed that trend, that's your problem.

We the People pay into Medicare based on income. When on medicare there is also a % of SS taken out to pay for medicare. Medicare is NOT free...

Where do you think I said medicare was free?

we'd be fools to vote for single payer.....just look at the unmitigated failure that is Britain's single payer....

No one has to convince me of the pitfalls of single payer. I am just pointing out the realities on the ground. The GOP is greasing the skids toward single payer.

You see, when people are only presented with ONE choice, they pick that one choice. It does not take a psychic or political genius to figure that out. It does take a seriously retarded party to miss this fact of life and to continue on with not presenting an alternative to that single choice, though. And that is what the GOP has become today. Seriously retarded.

The American people were presented with the Democratic health reform plan and with...nothing. So they chose the Democratic health reform plan.

Rather than come to their senses and produce an alternate comprehensive plan, the GOP has been working hard to destroy the Democratic plan which was chosen.

So then one day in the not too distant future, the American people will again face a single choice when the GOP has succeeded in making ObamaCare a complete disaster. Single payer or...nothing.

They will choose single payer.

The people chose obamacare lolololololololololol

Dumbass

My brother had no healthcare for most of his adult life to date. 2 years ago, he broke his leg and I took him to the emergency room the same day. We were greeted by a packed waiting area and he had to wait over 2 hours to be seen and have it set. He was assigned to a local clinic for follow-up where, as expected, he always had to wait a minimum of 1 hour beyond his appointment time to be seen. Talk about a pain in the ass. But it was for free.

Now he has insurance thanks to the ACA. Happy for him.

He seems to have strained his knee...may be an ACL....waiting for his MRI.....2 weeks from now.

When he twisted it, he woke up the next morning with major swelling. He called his Primary Care doctor who agreed to see him the following day. He waited about an hour beyond his appointment time to be seen. His primary doctor immediately referred him to an orthopedist who had an appointment available the following Thursday....2 days later.

He waited 3 hours beyond his appointment time to be seen.

The orthopedist spent 10 minutes with him and said an MRI is necessary.

As I said, that was scheduled 2 weeks down the road.

So.....

Broken leg with no insurance....2 hours and then set...and 1 hour clinic 4 times before cast was removed.....total 6 hours from break to heal.

Swollen knee....1 hour for primary...3 hours orthopedist....and 2 weeks before they even know what it is.

So far 4 hours plus 2 weeks before issue even diagnosed.

LMAO....he said he preferred the ER for free as opposed to having healthcare. It is easier, friendlier...and he feels more human.

How much was his ER bill?

My brother had no healthcare for most of his adult life to date. 2 years ago, he broke his leg and I took him to the emergency room the same day. We were greeted by a packed waiting area and he had to wait over 2 hours to be seen and have it set. He was assigned to a local clinic for follow-up where, as expected, he always had to wait a minimum of 1 hour beyond his appointment time to be seen. Talk about a pain in the ass. But it was for free.

He seems to have strained his knee...may be an ACL....waiting for his MRI.....2 weeks from now.

When he twisted it, he woke up the next morning with major swelling. He called his Primary Care doctor who agreed to see him the following day. He waited about an hour beyond his appointment time to be seen. His primary doctor immediately referred him to an orthopedist who had an appointment available the following Thursday....2 days later.

So.....

Broken leg with no insurance....2 hours and then set...and 1 hour clinic 4 times before cast was removed.....total 6 hours from break to heal.

Swollen knee....1 hour for primary...3 hours orthopedist....and 2 weeks before they even know what it is.

LMAO....he said he preferred the ER for free as opposed to having healthcare. It is easier, friendlier...and he feels more human.

zeroed out after bankruptcy. (-:

So.....

Over $4,000......clinics were over $1,000 combined....

He was permitted to negotiate the 4,000 down to $300.....and the 1000 down to 100 (25 per visit).

He also had an ER doctor bill of 650......which was waived...and an ER nurse bill for 250 which was waived.

So it cost him 400...

His deductible now is $2000.....so he is in the hole for 2000 already seeing as his bills will be well above that.

So.....

zeroed out after bankruptcy. (-:

I see you have no idea how the ER works.

No, it just means I don't want the government fucking up my healthcare. When did you ever lift a finger to provide healthcare to "those who are struggling?"

A post ^^^ by a true 21st Century conservative. Translated, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".

I do wonder who or what made bripat into the callous asshole he became.

Might be the same imbeciles who've helped you escape natural selection after all these years.

They have to put "Not for human consumption" on jars of fishbait because of tards like you.

It's not fucking caviar.

opplanet-south-bend-atlas-best-bite-salmon-eggs-msi-298372-effafc.jpg

Iniquitous posts such as this ^^^ are not only falderal, they are the evidence which proves it's author is poorly educated and fatuous.

I don't give a crap if you buy it or not.

For the first time in US history, the federal government is mandating one buys something from the day you are born to the day you die.

It is in direct contradiction to the conservative ideology.

That is why conservatives oppose it.

It may be why they should be against it, but the reality is any goper who suggested the fed govt have any role in helping uninsured folks get coverage got tea partied. If you're too thick to have noticed that trend, that's your problem.

Actually.....the one with the problem is the one who does not know the difference between an ideology and a party.

Forum List

Back