🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING**Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
In a potentially crippling blow to Obamacare, a top federal appeals court Tuesday said that billions of dollars worth of government subsidies that helped 4.7 million people buy insurance on HealthCare.gov are not legal under the Affordable Care Act.

In its decision, a three-judge panel said that such subsidies can be granted only to people who bought insurance in an Obamacare exchange run by an individual state or the District of Columbia — not on the federally run exchange HealthCare.gov. Plaintiffs in the case known as Halbig v. Burwell argued that the ACA, as written, only allows that often-significant financial aid to be issued to people who bought insurance on a marketplace set up by a state.

From the article..^^^

Not a good month legislatively for the criminal left who are getting SLAMMED by the Judiciary. LOL

Not a good month for the far right.

A panel of federal appeals court that covers Washington, D.C., ruled 2-1 that the subsidies are illegal. But about two hours later, a panel from the Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 3-0 in a separate case that the subsidies are legal.

The split could mean the cases would soon land at the U.S. Supreme Court.

And we know that SCOTUS will uphold the law and the subsidies.

If you do not offer a comprehensive alternate plan, at the very least it means you don't give a shit about those who are struggling.

So it's our job to come up with a plan for the Federal Government to provide comprehensive health care

Nope. That is not what I said.

You added "for the Federal Government to provide" in your own head.

Ok, so subsidies for health insurance is wrong, but subsidies for big multinational corporations is right.

It's gotta be hard being a Republican these days with all their hypocritical positions.

zeroed out after bankruptcy. (-:

I see you have no idea how the ER works.

I see you have no fcking clue that your cheapskate freeloading relative shifted his costs to privately insured people.

I do see that.

And we were OK with that.

I don't mind my tax dollars paying for healthcare for those that cant afford it.

What I mind is the federal government forcing me, by law, to buy something from the day I am born to the day I die.

Yes, I will buy it anyway for I can afford it....But I don't like the government mandating I do so.

My guess is that the scotus will let it stand. And, frankly, as the law is literally written, it's right. However, that doesn't alter the fact that the states' refusal to join up only arose because John 'not Jay' Roberts changed the law to let states opt out and still keep their pre ACA Medicaid dollars.

And the dems will campaign in 16 on "restoring" the health insurance the gop supreme court took away from working American families."

If you guys actually read stuff it would really help. It was a 2-1 vote, not one judge. It can be over turned by the whole appealate court in that district, which is the next step. Should it stand, it moves to the Supreme Court, if they wish to review it.

Not totally sure how this is a Republican problem. Obamacare displaced almost 5 million people, this challenge effects 6 million. Using your logic the 5 would be mad at Democrats, so the net is 1 million. Since this was a Democrat plan that had a flaw, it seems to be a Democrat problem too.

I see you have no idea how the ER works.

I see you have no fcking clue that your cheapskate freeloading relative shifted his costs to privately insured people.

I do see that.

I don't mind my tax dollars paying for healthcare for those that cant afford it.

What I mind is the federal government forcing me, by law, to buy something from the day I am born to the day I die.

Yes, I will buy it anyway for I can afford it....But I don't like the government mandating I do so.

yeah you don't mine other people having to pay for your healthcare cause you're a cheapskate who doesn't mind taking money from his neighbors. That's real clear, dude.

End game is approaching for full legal acceptance of ACA

Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

A panel of federal appeals court that covers Washington, D.C., ruled 2-1 that the subsidies are illegal. But about two hours later, a panel from the Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled 3-0 in a separate case that the subsidies are legal.

The split could mean the cases would soon land at the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Roberts court will uphold it.

I do see that.

yeah you don't mine other people having to pay for your healthcare cause you're a cheapskate who doesn't mind taking money from his neighbors. That's real clear, dude.

what is it you don't comprehend? Maybe I did not articulate it properly.

I pay for my healthcare. Until now, I ALSO knew my tax dollars were paying for ER healthcare for those that could not afford private insurance.

I was OK with that. Never complained about it and to be frank, I don't recall ANYONE complaining about it.

Now, I am still paying for my healthcare, and my tax dollars are still paying for those that cant afford healthcare (where the subsidies come into play)......

The only difference is......now I am under a federal government mandate.

I do see that.

I could never understand why people who say they are conservative have a problem with requiring those who can contribute to their own healthcare costs to do it.

Awesome news! Let's give Roberts' SCOtUS a chance to unwind this clusterfuck pile of shit law. Obamacare is garbage and so are the people that support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, one judge...probably a raving teatard, has ruled against the subsidies. You RW loons need to put off your celebration.

Appeals courts differ on Obamacare - CNN.com
Two judges.

Both raving teapers.

Equivalent of the Scalia and Thomas, both itching to punch up O with a ruling.

The one who dissented said: "the majority “strains fruitlessly to show plain meaning where there is none to be found.”

"Circuit Judge Harry T. Edwards wrote a lengthy dissenting opinion, commenting that the aim of the challengers in the case was “to gut” the health care law. His main argument was that the language of the law dealing with the subsidy issue was ambiguous, and that the majority “strains fruitlessly to show plain meaning where there is none to be found.”

: SCOTUSblog

That said, the other court ruling today in the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals has just

Upheld the Federal subsidies

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/king_usca4_20140722.pdf

Separate Federal Appeals Court Upholds Obamacare Subsidies

I do see that.

I could never understand why people who say they are conservative have a problem with requiring those who can contribute to their own healthcare costs to do it.

Because a conservative does not care what decisions others make.

They simply don't want those peoples decisions have an adverse affect on them.

You really don't understand conservatism.

Awesome news! Let's give Roberts' SCOtUS a chance to unwind this clusterfuck pile of shit law. Obamacare is garbage and so are the people that support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not correct. I will not stand by and allow you to denigrate garbage.

Garbage can be recycled and made useful for some industrial purpose.

The bed wetters who support obozocare are parasitic worm shit.

Obozo is the parasitic worm.

From here it goes to a full bench ruling.

---Make up of the Court? --------> 8 Democrats / 5 Republicans.

Very unlikely the court will uphold the decision of these 2 Teaper judges on the 3 judge panel.

Take note as well: Two other appeals courts have thrown out similar cases.

Well conservative consider what effect their actions will have on others. Cheapskate freeloaders do not.

Now your argument might have some honesty if it were that you negotiated the cost of care down to its actual cost. There's no doubt ER's inflate their costs to get more from insured folks because they know they'll have to eat costs on people without insurance. But, you never made that argument. You just negotiated for a little as you could without regard to how you effected other people who did you no harm.

Last edited:
My guess is that the scotus will let it stand. And, frankly, as the law is literally written, it's right. However, that doesn't alter the fact that the states' refusal to join up only arose because John 'not Jay' Roberts changed the law to let states opt out and still keep their pre ACA Medicaid dollars.

And the dems will campaign in 16 on "restoring" the health insurance the gop supreme court took away from working American families."

they can try...but

the law specifically says that you get subsidies through STATE exchanges.....not the Fed exchanges....this was obviously the great Dimwit idea to pressure Republican governors to set up state exchanges....but alot of governors were too smart to be lured into paying for more medicaid (obamacare).....

the Dimwits can't say 'foul' now.....especially since THEY are the only ones who wrote up this piece of **** legislation...

guess the illegals will have to all go to the Blue States to get Obamacare...:D

Well conservative consider what effect their actions will have on others. Cheapskate freeloaders do not.

Curious Ben....

You have now twice called me a cheapskate freeloader.

Show me where I gave you reason to claim I am.

Or are you just frustrated because I made some points you could not refute....and you couldn't.....because you didn't.

Forum List

Back