Breaking: Formal Impeachment Charges To Be Introduced Tommorow Against Eric Holder

Oh I see, Texas nutjobs and Tea Party whackos wasting taxayer monies again with frivolous bs instead of doing actual legislating: "A group of congressional Republicans introduced a resolution Thursday..." "The resolution was introduced by Rep. Pete Olson, R-Texas, who claims..." -

House Republicans introduce resolution to impeach Attorney General Holder | Fox News

This has been going on for a few years now. These people suck big time

Watergate went on for quite some time and it ended a very popular presidency. Because of Watergate we were thrust into the Ford/Carter years ending with Carter's Malaise speech. I believe had Nixon did not step down we would have been economically better off. But we stood as a nation and said that truth and honesty were important. I think it right what happened but there is no doubt in my mind the nation paid a price.

Then we got Clinton and ended all of that. Truth no longer mattered.

If we allow an AG to ignore congress, to not tell the truth to congress, and to run a gun running program incompetently then where are we as a nation?

If the charges are false then damn Congress. But we must hold the AG accountable and he is accountable to Congress. Otherwise we are just a banana republic.

The shame of partisan hacks impeaching President Clinton only to have the Senate throw the shit out...

Yes, the very partisan hacks in the Senate didn't have the moral fiber to do the right thing. The libernuts talk about the war on women, well what in the Hell do you think Clinton did? He LIED UNDER OATH depriving a woman of her constitutional rights. The Senate democrats do not care about women and they don't care about truth, that is what was proved. Show lies, at least lies under oath, go unchallenged? If yes then why? If you think Clinton was actually innocent then why did he lose his law license for 5 years and a huge civil settlement. Find you don't give a crap, party over truth, gottja.

Nixon was a disgrace and the GOP later re-embraced him. Pardons all around, like we did the Confederate criminals.

You were not alive at the time I am quite sure. After Watergate Nixon was a piraia he was not re-embraced by anyone. YOU do not get to reconstruct history just because you don't know the history. I was alive BTW. And even if they did re-embrace him he did do great things as president. But he got what he deserved for perverting justice and the truth Slick willy relied on the lack of moral backbone of the Senate to stay in office.

Watergate was much more than the burglary...burglary btw directed out of the WH and the Committee to Re-Elect the President - CREEP.

The Burglary was not why Nixon was going to be impeached it was over the coverup. The reason he left verses Clinton is Nixon knew, they told him, that the Republicans were going to do the right thing, so Nixon left. Watergate was the stupidest political move ever in the history of man. Nixon won a landslide so I am not quite sure what they needed listen in the democrats.

Imagine if President Obama and his Attorney General directed a break in of GOP Headquarters:eek

You would either ignore it or chastise everyone who brought up the subject. The media brought down Nixon, that would not happen with Obama today. Besides I think that what is lodged against the AG is as bad if not worse then Watergate ever was. :

Oh I see, Texas nutjobs and Tea Party whackos wasting taxayer monies again with frivolous bs instead of doing actual legislating: "A group of congressional Republicans introduced a resolution Thursday..." "The resolution was introduced by Rep. Pete Olson, R-Texas, who claims..." -

House Republicans introduce resolution to impeach Attorney General Holder | Fox News

This has been going on for a few years now. These people suck big time

Watergate went on for quite some time and it ended a very popular presidency. Because of Watergate we were thrust into the Ford/Carter years ending with Carter's Malaise speech. I believe had Nixon did not step down we would have been economically better off. But we stood as a nation and said that truth and honesty were important. I think it right what happened but there is no doubt in my mind the nation paid a price.

Then we got Clinton and ended all of that. Truth no longer mattered.

If we allow an AG to ignore congress, to not tell the truth to congress, and to run a gun running program incompetently then where are we as a nation?

If the charges are false then damn Congress. But we must hold the AG accountable and he is accountable to Congress. Otherwise we are just a banana republic.

Does the name Ollie North ring any bells when it comes to gun running and lying to Congress?

Just to refresh you memory, North was TRIED and found guilty.

North was tried in 1988. He was indicted on sixteen felony counts, and, on May 4, 1989, he was initially convicted of three: accepting an illegal gratuity; aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry; and ordering the destruction of documents via his secretary, Fawn Hall. He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard A. Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years' probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours community service. Oliver North performed some of his community service within Potomac Gardens, a public housing project in Southeast Washington, DC.[17]

However, on July 20, 1990, with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU),[18] North's convictions were vacated, after the appeals court found that witnesses in his trial might have been impermissibly affected by his immunized congressional testimony.[19]

Because North had been granted limited immunity for his Congressional testimony, the law prohibited a prosecutor from using that testimony as part of a criminal case against him. To prepare for the expected defense challenge that North's testimony had been used, the prosecution team had—before North's congressional testimony had been given—listed and isolated all of its evidence.[citation needed] Further, the individual members of the prosecution team had isolated themselves from news reports and discussion of North's testimony. While the defense could show no specific instance in which North's congressional testimony was used in his trial, the Court of Appeals ruled that the trial judge had made an insufficient examination of the issue. Consequently, North's convictions were reversed. After further hearings on the immunity issue, Judge Gesell dismissed all charges against North on September 16, 1991.
Oliver North - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you notice he got convicted of the same thing Holder is charged?

How many people went to prison for Watergate again?

John N. Mitchell – former United States Attorney General and director of Nixon's 1968 and 1972 election campaigns; faced a maximum of 30 years in prison and $42,000 in fines; on February 21, 1975, Mitchell was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury and sentenced to two and a half to eight years in prison, which was later reduced to one to four years; Mitchell actually served 19 months.

H. R. Haldeman – White House chief of staff, considered the second most powerful man in the government during Nixon's first term; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $16,000 in fines; in 1975, he was convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of justice and received an 18-month prison sentence.

John Ehrlichman – former assistant to Nixon in charge of domestic affairs; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $40,000 in fines. Ehrlichman was convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury and other charges; he served 18 months in prison.

Charles Colson – former White House counsel specializing in political affairs; pleaded nolo contendere on June 3, 1974 to one charge of obstruction of justice, having persuaded prosecution to change the charge from one of which he believed himself innocent to another of which he believed himself guilty, in order to testify freely.;[6] he was sentenced to 1 to 3 years of prison and fined $5,000; Colson served seven months.

John N. Mitchell – former United States Attorney General and director of Nixon's 1968 and 1972 election campaigns; faced a maximum of 30 years in prison and $42,000 in fines; on February 21, 1975, Mitchell was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury and sentenced to two and a half to eight years in prison, which was later reduced to one to four years; Mitchell actually served 19 months.

H. R. Haldeman – White House chief of staff, considered the second most powerful man in the government during Nixon's first term; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $16,000 in fines; in 1975, he was convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of justice and received an 18-month prison sentence.

John Ehrlichman – former assistant to Nixon in charge of domestic affairs; faced a maximum of 25 years in prison and $40,000 in fines. Ehrlichman was convicted of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury and other charges; he served 18 months in prison.

Charles Colson – former White House counsel specializing in political affairs; pleaded nolo contendere on June 3, 1974 to one charge of obstruction of justice, having persuaded prosecution to change the charge from one of which he believed himself innocent to another of which he believed himself guilty, in order to testify freely.;[6] he was sentenced to 1 to 3 years of prison and fined $5,000; Colson served seven months.
I think you're missing a few.

GUILTY
John M. Poindexter -- National Security Adviser
Oliver L. North -- National Security Council staff
Poindexter and North charges thrown out on appeal.
Richard V. -- Secord Air Force major general
Thomas G. Clines -- C.I.A. agent, businessman
Carl R. Channell -- Businessman
Albert Hakim -- Businessman
Richard R. Miller -- Businessman

GUILTY AND PARDONED
Elliott Abrams -- Assistant Secretary of State
Robert C. McFarlane -- National Security Adviser
Clair E. George -- Head of C.I.A. clandestine services
Alan D. Fiers Jr. -- Head of C.I.A. Central American Task Force

PRE-TRIAL PARDONS
Caspar W. Weinberger -- Defense Secretary
Duane R. Clarridge -- C.I.A. chief of European operations

Watergate
A bungled 1972 burglary at the Democratic National Committee's office in the Watergate complex exposed a White House apparatus of dirty tricks, law-breaking and cover-up. Two years later, President Richard M. Nixon, facing impeachment, resigned. President Gerald R. Ford pardoned him of any wrongdoing a month later. A total of 69 people were charged with crimes; 48 people and 20 corporations pleaded guilty.

SOME OF THOSE GUILTY IN COVER-UP
John N. Mitchell -- Attorney general, Nixon re-election committee head
John W. Dean -- White House counsel
John D. Ehrlichman -- Domestic adviser
H. R. Haldeman -- White House chief of staff
Fred C. LaRue -- Nixon re-election committee deputy
Jeb S. Magruder -- Nixon re-election committee official
Robert C. Mardian -- Nixon re-election committee lawyer, former deputy attorney general

SOME OF THOSE GUILTY IN BREAK-INS
Charles W. Colson -- White House aide
G. Gordon Liddy -- White House aide, counsel to Nixon re-election committee
E. Howard Hunt -- White House aide
Bernard L. Barker -- D.N.C. burglar
Virgilio Gonzales -- D.N.C. burglar
Eugenio Martinez -- D.N.C. burglar
James W. McCord Jr. -- D.N.C. burglar
Frank Sturgis -- D.N.C. burglar

All of the above were imprisoned except for Mardian, whose conviction was overturned on appeal.

When Criminal Charges Reach the White House - NYTimes.com

GUILTY

GUILTY AND PARDONED

PRE-TRIAL PARDONS

Watergate
A bungled 1972 burglary at the Democratic National Committee's office in the Watergate complex exposed a White House apparatus of dirty tricks, law-breaking and cover-up. Two years later, President Richard M. Nixon, facing impeachment, resigned. President Gerald R. Ford pardoned him of any wrongdoing a month later. A total of 69 people were charged with crimes; 48 people and 20 corporations pleaded guilty.

Robert C. Mardian -- Nixon re-election committee lawyer, former deputy attorney general

All of the above were imprisoned except for Mardian, whose conviction was overturned on appeal.

OK, so what was your purpose in asking? The names I gave you served time for not the break-in but in the cover-up to which we were addressing. My opinion is that you thought no one did time but now realize that was incorrect.

GUILTY

GUILTY AND PARDONED

PRE-TRIAL PARDONS

Watergate

OK, so what was your purpose in asking? The names I gave you served time for not the break-in but in the cover-up to which we were addressing. My opinion is that you thought no one did time but now realize that was incorrect.
What the hell are you talking about.

One minute after posting this: "How many people went to prison for Watergate again?"

I posted this: "Oh yeah...

The scandal also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction, and incarceration of 43 people, dozens of whom were Nixon's top administration officials."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8159445-post180.html

I never thought it would happen but it is. He will be the first Attorney General in the history of the U.S. to have Impeachment charges formally brought against him. Holder has been a firewall so to speak protecting Obama and his unconstitutional acts since he became president. Of course Holder has been aided by the liberal media but once Holder is out of there, Obama will be extremely vunerable.

GOP Lawmakers Release Holder Articles of Impeachment | 218

House Republicans are tired of waiting for answers from Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. — they want him impeached and will formally introduce their charges Thursday.

Texas Republican Pete Olson, who is leading the charge behind the Holder articles of impeachment, said this wasn’t a decision he took lightly.

“Since the House voted in 2012 to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt, the pattern of disregard for the rule of law and refusal to be forthright has continued,” Olson said in a statement to CQ Roll Call. “The American people deserve answers and accountability. If the Attorney General refuses to provide answers, then Congress must take action.”

Olson told CQ Roll Call that he would be dropping the articles of impeachment Thursday. On Wednesday, he released a five-page white paper explaining the four articles of impeachment against Holder.

Article I of the impeachment proceedings claims that Holder “engaged in a pattern of conduct incompatible with the trust and confidence placed in him” by refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee for documents related to “a legitimate congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms that put thousands of illegally-purchased weapons into the hands of cartel leaders, ultimately resulting in the death of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on December 14, 2010.”

“The Justice Department deliberately withheld documents, preventing the Committee from performing its constitutional duty to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch,” the white paper said, noting that any person who “willfully makes default” of a congressional subpoena is in violation of federal law.
President Barack Obama exercised executive privilege over those documents, but that does not satisfy the group.

“Despite the President’s dubious claim of executive privilege, Attorney General Holder violated federal law by failing to turn over lawfully subpoenaed documents requested by Congress,” the section-by-section analysis of the impeachment proceedings claims.

Article II of the proceedings charges that Holder violated his oath of office by refusing to enforce certain laws that the Obama administration, for various reasons, decided not to enforce, including the Defense of Marriage Act, which the administration deemed unconstitutional.

“If the Administration wants to change the law, it should ask Congress to amend it. Only the Supreme Court can deem laws unconstitutional,” the white paper said. [...] Continued at link above

Late to the party. How did it turn out? :eusa_whistle:

Have those impeachment papers been approved? Or was this just another flap-yap bullshit post by a manic 'Conservative'?

Those were the good old days when people were held responsible for their crimes and cover ups and there were consequences. Now, it's just another day in Obamaland.

I find this a bit puzzling - go ahead and Google "Eric Holder impeachment" ... ZERO follow up reports!!! ZERO!!! What the hell happened? I watched the entire HOR proceedings that day - nada!!!

Was this a fake? Why no follow up reports?

Those were the good old days when people were held responsible for their crimes and cover ups and there were consequences. Now, it's just another day in Obamaland.
Yeah, the good old days.

pardonsn.jpg

I find this a bit puzzling - go ahead and Google "Eric Holder impeachment" ... ZERO follow up reports!!! ZERO!!! What the hell happened? I watched the entire HOR proceedings that day - nada!!!

Was this a fake? Why no follow up reports?

Any comment on this????

Forum List

Back