BREAKING: It's Official ----Judge Chutkan Pauses Trump DC Case Amid Dispute Over Immunity Argument

You just said they should be immune from prosecutions for any action taken while POTUS....that puts them above the law
I said no such thing. Learn how to read. I said the USSC should toss Smith's case. But what the USSC actually does is what matters.

The USSC will tell us where that line is. Stay tuned.

yes they will, and by your own words you want that line with the POTUS being totally above the law. Which is par for the course for you

Gotta love it. Jack Smith screwed up and non American born Jamaican Judge Chutkan realizes she's got to put the brakes on this fiasco.

I hope the fools on here see that hate blinds.
OF COURSE the immunity argument is central
OF COURSE

I said no such thing. Learn how to read. I said the USSC should toss Smith's case. But what the USSC actually does is what matters.

WTF do you think total immunity from prosecution means?

1702564611567.png

yes they will, and by your own words you want that line with the POTUS being totally above the law. Which is par for the course for you
yet not a peep from you about Hunter Biden defying Congress

FLASHBACK: Biden said people who defy Jan. 6 Committee subpoenas should be held 'criminally' accountable​

Biden in 2021 said those who defy Jan. 6 Committee subpoenas should be held 'criminally' accountable​

Trump was impeached for J6 and found not guilty.
Smith is putting Trump in "double-jeopardy" by going after Trump's J6 infractions again. Obviously the USSC will toss Smith's case.
That makes absolutely no sense. The criminal justice system has nothing to do with the impeachment process.

The USSC should rule that a president can only be impeached for infractions, not arrested, total immunity from prosecution.
The constitution literally says the opposite. You need to read the impeachment clauses in the constitution.

• Clause 7 Impeachment Judgments
  • Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

yet not a peep from you about Hunter Biden defying Congress

I have no problem with it, had no problem when the Repubs did it to the Dems. I wish more people would do it, I have always said when Congress demands Tech CEOs show up and answer questions they should say no

Indeed, Justice Story specifically reminded that while former officials were not eligible for impeachment or conviction, they were – and this is extremely important – "still liable to be tried and punished in the ordinary tribunals of justice."
Put anther way, in the language of today: President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen, unless the statute of limitations has run, still liable for everything he did while in office, didn't get away with anything yet – yet.
We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one.

Should be a 9-0 vote against Benedict Donald like they ruled against Nixon, but likely will be 8-1.

That makes absolutely no sense. The criminal justice system has nothing to do with the impeachment process.
So you think Trump could be arrested and prosecuted for his phone call to Zelensky, or mishandling or mis-declassifying classified docs, or any of the Smith indictments like J6, etc.?

The constitution literally says the opposite. You need to read the impeachment clauses in the constitution.

• Clause 7 Impeachment Judgments
  • Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
The key word there is CONVICTED

Forum List

Back