BREAKING: Judge Roy Moore Suspended for Violating Gay Marriage Ruling

The POTUS takes an oath to uphold the laws and defend the constitution.... not just the ones he agrees with.
He takes an oath to defend the Constitution not to defend probably unconstitutional laws in the courts. In this case that would have just been a waste of time and money. Everyone with a brain knew that POS was going down. It was very obviously unconstitutional.

Probable constitutionality is not his call, that is the call of the courts. Why then can't Judge Moore decide that gay marriage is probably unconstitutional and as such, refuse to marry gay couples?

And again, I am not defending Judge Moore.. he needs to perform hist duties as prescribed by the law.
The courts decide what is or isn't constitutional. The President, or a Governor, can tell their AG don't bother defending this one, it's probably unconstitutional. It;' good money after bad and there is no requirement that bad laws be defended by the government. Another party can, if they have standing, defend the law just without the government's help. It's a judgment call and it's entirely legal. Learn how the government works please.

I am aware how the government works; presidents do not decide constitutionality of laws. You are the one that needs a basic civics lesson. So then, you'd be fine with a President deciding on his own that a law, any law, pick one you really like, say, Obamacare, is probably unconstitutional therefore don't enforce it?

The POTUS takes an oath to uphold the laws and defend the constitution.... not just the ones he agrees with.
He takes an oath to defend the Constitution not to defend probably unconstitutional laws in the courts. In this case that would have just been a waste of time and money. Everyone with a brain knew that POS was going down. It was very obviously unconstitutional.

Probable constitutionality is not his call, that is the call of the courts. Why then can't Judge Moore decide that gay marriage is probably unconstitutional and as such, refuse to marry gay couples?

And again, I am not defending Judge Moore.. he needs to perform hist duties as prescribed by the law.
The courts decide what is or isn't constitutional. The President, or a Governor, can tell their AG don't bother defending this one, it's probably unconstitutional. It;' good money after bad and there is no requirement that bad laws be defended by the government. Another party can, if they have standing, defend the law just without the government's help. It's a judgment call and it's entirely legal. Learn how the government works please.

I am aware how the government works; presidents do not decide constitutionality of laws. You are the one that needs a basic civics lesson. So then, you'd be fine with a President deciding on his own that a law, any law, pick one you really like, say, Obamacare, is probably unconstitutional therefore don't enforce it?
No. This has nothing at all to do with "enforcing" a law. It has to do solely with "defending a law in court". Whether they defend a law in court is optional. If they think the law is unconstitutional then there is no reason to waste the time and energy and money defending it.

There are Jews who also hate, the more correct term, Political Zionism. What are they, Jewish anti-Semites?
Sure, some people hate, so it's true that some Jews hate people, things or ideas. Nonetheless, that doesn't absolve you for your clear hatred of Israel and it's citizens, the Jews.

Are you Pro-Palestinian too? Most antisemitics are.

There are Jews who also hate, the more correct term, Political Zionism. What are they, Jewish anti-Semites?
Sure, some people hate, so it's true that some Jews hate people, things or ideas. Nonetheless, that doesn't absolve you for your clear hatred of Israel and it's citizens, the Jews.

Are you Pro-Palestinian too? Most antisemitics are.
There is only one real nation in that area, Palestine, with many Jews and even more Muslims.

I never support any theocratic state. The religion matters not at all. They are a terrible idea.

Maybe because the State ;laws against SSM HAVE been ruled unconstitutional. DOMA at the time had not been challenged in the SCOTUS. Obama instructed DoJ to not defend challenges against it.

If only Judges were able to select what laws they are to enforce, like the POTUS can do.

It is not about enforcing. It's about defending a law, if challenged.

If you speed and the cops see you do it and don't stop you, that's not enforcing the law.
If they do stop you and give you a ticket, and you then challenge the validity of the speeding law and the gov decides it's not worth trying to defend that because they'll lose, that's not defending a law.

There is only one real nation in that area, Palestine, with many Jews and even more Muslims.

I never support any theocratic state. The religion matters not at all. They are a terrible idea.
Translation: You are correct, DW. I am pro-Palestinian. Death to Israel!!! Fuck the Jews!!!

Dude, learn some history. There never, ever was a nation called "Palestine". Try to let go of your hate long enough to learn some history.

As for demographics, your hate has obviously blinded you there too:
The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
Ethnic groups:
Jewish 75% (of which Israel-born 74.4%, Europe/America/Oceania-born 17.4%, Africa-born 5.1%, Asia-born 3.1%), non-Jewish 25% (mostly Arab) (2013 est.
Religions:
Jewish 75%, Muslim 17.5%, Christian 2%, Druze 1.6%, other 3.9% (2013 est.)

Translation: You are correct, DW. I am pro-Palestinian. Death to Israel!!! Fuck the Jews!!!

Dude, learn some history. There never, ever was a nation called "Palestine". Try to let go of your hate long enough to learn some history.

As for demographics, your hate has obviously blinded you there too:
The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency
Ethnic groups:
Jewish 75% (of which Israel-born 74.4%, Europe/America/Oceania-born 17.4%, Africa-born 5.1%, Asia-born 3.1%), non-Jewish 25% (mostly Arab) (2013 est.
Religions:
Jewish 75%, Muslim 17.5%, Christian 2%, Druze 1.6%, other 3.9% (2013 est.)
I know the history of that region, and its squatter nation, backwards and forwards.

The states and their officers are subordinate to the Federal courts, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law - settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

The states and their officers are subordinate to the Federal courts, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law - settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.
Agreed....just like POTUS and everyone who took an oath in Washington DC

nice deflection.

now let us know winger when the president disobeys an order of the supreme court of the united states.

we'll wait. :cuckoo:

Well, if true, I have no problem here.... he should uphold his duties.

But remember folks, that shit works both ways. Many of you on the left have no problem when your side sidesteps their sworn duties in order to "make a statement"
Really? When and where did that happen. ??Who are we talking about?

The Obama administration's decision to not enforce DOMA for starters...

Not even remotely the same (or true) Many administrations have chosen not defend unconstitutional laws. They continued to enforce, they chose not to defend it in court.

Well, if true, I have no problem here.... he should uphold his duties.

But remember folks, that shit works both ways. Many of you on the left have no problem when your side sidesteps their sworn duties in order to "make a statement"

Yep, things like Sanctuary cities.

Immigration is Federal Law. There is nothing that says local LE has to do anything that is solely in the purview of the Feds.

Why Kim Davis’s refusal to issue same-sex marriage licenses is legally different from a ‘sanctuary city’s’ refusal to cooperate with federal immigration law

Then Justice Moore was simply being subordinate to Hively v Ivy Tech (7th circuit, 2016). Pay attention to that case because it's going to be cited in future cases...

Forum List

Back