Breaking: Justice Scalia has died

you mean by appointing a justice who doesn't pervert our entire body of caselaw like scalia did?

nutcase. :cuckoo:

How did he "pervert" it? How do you pervert what is already perverted?

Oh look, Mr. Unelected Tyrannical Judges suddenly falls in love with the Court.

not to mention the "we the people" losers forget that "we the people" elected this president twice and WANT him to nominate justices.

little maroons.

he can nominate all he wants

getting in though may be harder

--LOL

so "we the people" only matters when it's the winger brigade at the far right of the loony spectrum?

okie dokie, nut bar.

hey cry all you want but just because a prezbo picks one

does not mean they get the seat

it is a fact

Well....the longest period from nomination to confirmation in the last 50 years is 107 days.....

From March 1st to December 31st 2016 is 305 days.

Think the Republicans can hold out that long? hahaha

Well you dems loved that nuke option, how does it look now?
The Nuclear Option doesn't apply to SCOTUS nominations I believe.

I believe they can Schumer is already threatening it

maybe recess appointment

There have been recess appointments to the SC before, the last one back in the Eisenhower administration. However, that's a no-go at this time, for 2 reasons.

First, the Senate nowadays does that thing where they never formally recess, and the SC has upheld that tactic as valid.

Second, also back in the Eisenhower era, the Senate passed a resolution saying "No recess appointments for the SC". How binding that is would be questionable, but it would complicate matters.

And you are happy about the first amendment being in jeopardy. How messed up is that? Why should politicians be able to tell us we can't run ads against them criticizing them?

the transfer of wealth isn't speech, dude.

NO one is stopping a Koch Brother from getting to say what he wants.

He just shouldn't be able to buy up all the soap-boxes and drown everyone else out.

Citizens united overturned the McCain fiengold law that prohibited ads against incumbents that were negative. It's a clear violation of the first amendment. Yet you guys don't like it

How did he "pervert" it? How do you pervert what is already perverted?

not to mention the "we the people" losers forget that "we the people" elected this president twice and WANT him to nominate justices.

little maroons.

--LOL

so "we the people" only matters when it's the winger brigade at the far right of the loony spectrum?

okie dokie, nut bar.

it is a fact

i think you'll find i mentioned a few times that the wingers might not allow a vote.

i also told you what the ramifications will be. take it to the bank.

then go sobbing into your pillow in november.

Wow, this is the first Ive heard of Judge Scala's passing. I don't pay much attention to the news on weekends. My condolences to the family of the Judge

little maroons.

--LOL

okie dokie, nut bar.

it is a fact

i think you'll find i mentioned a few times that the wingers might not allow a vote.

Good we fight for the soul of our country at the polls:cool:

little maroons.

--LOL

okie dokie, nut bar.

it is a fact

stop it with your whining

over the course of the lifetime of the United States

blocked nominations happen frequently

just because you want a full blown libtard on the bench

doesn't mean you are going to get one

You missed it. It was already thrown out.

No, that's not correct.

Concerning the new Clean Power Act regulations, the SC only issued a stay on the implementation of the new rules. The SC did not rule on the case itself.

Given that the the rules weren't going into effect until 2020 or later, the stay means little. The issue was what the stay signaled about a future SC case. The DC Circuit Court hears the case June 2, and will almost certainly uphold the new rules.

After that, it could go to the SC. The SC requires 4 votes to hear a case, so even without Scalia, they could still vote to hear it. But with a 4-4 tie, the previous circuit court decision would stand.

You missed the point AGAIN. The stay means that the full court will likely overrule the case.

Nominate a Black gay Muslim woman to the Supreme Court so the Goopers Go "Full Bull Goose Loony"....you never go "Full Bull Goose Loony"

little maroons.

--LOL

okie dokie, nut bar.

it is a fact

Good we fight for the soul of our country at the polls:cool:

exactly

Forum List

Back