🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

If true that 10 are dead, this would be one of the worst school shootings.

Things that make Americans look stupid from space, number 2:

Living in a society where every Monkey needs to pass both a written and a practical skills test and provide proof of liability coverage before being granted the privilege of driving a car, which is a VERY practical, albeit dangerous, tool, but any idiot with $600 can get a mighty fine shootin' iron, a tool designed only to maim and kill.

:smoke: It's no wonder we get so few visitors.....​

Living in a society where every Monkey needs to pass both a written and a practical skills test and provide proof of liability coverage before being granted the privilege of driving a car, which is a VERY practical, albeit dangerous, tool, but any idiot with $600 can get a mighty fine shootin' iron, a tool designed only to maim and kill.

So you want a test to exercise a Constitutional right? Remind me what the Supreme Court said about that in regards voting?

Whenever something like this happens, we always go through the usual "Oh my, why did he do it, what caused him to do it, what could we have done to prevent this" litany. Every time. I suppose it's only natural to think those things after some horrible tragedy like this.

But wondering what we could have done to prevent it, doesn't mean there WAS anything we could have done.

Hearing recent news reports, was the first I've heard of this event, and I know nothing about it except what's in those.

But I can probably predict how things will go - since they have gone this way for every other mass murder like this.

The shooter's motives will be analyzed... and it will be found that he didn't really have any "normal" motives. He didn't hate the thirty or forty people he shot. He didn't even know most of them, perhaps didn't know any of them at all.

It will be found that he was a loner who was unhappy and a little weird, but not obviously homicidal. And/or his girlfriend jilted him last week. Or that he got a reprimand on his job. Or got a speeding ticket in his car. Or that he just got back from Iraq where he was greatly stressed. Or that his parents he was living with (if he was) suggested that he get off his duff and get a job. Or he got up two mornings ago, saw a green tree with a red bird in it, and decided from that to go and kill a bunch of people. Or some other thing happened that people can point to as the "trigger" that set him off.

And nobody, but nobody, will point out the fact that the thing that "set him off", is something that happens to various people every day, by the thousands or millions across this country... and none of THEM got a gun and started blasting away at everyone in sight. Not even the loners who were unhappy and a little weird... of which there are lots, in this country of 300 million people.

Why did he do it? Because there was something broken inside his head.

Not something that caused him to lurch around, drooling and babbling and slapping himself. But something that remained pretty much hidden, until a "stimulus" that hundreds of thousands of people get every day, happened to him this time. And the broken thing inside his head caused him to react very differently from the way everyone else has reacted over the eons.

What could have we done to prevent it? Not a damned thing. Because we don't have a "broken thing detector". Nothing else could have foretold that he would do this.

Even if we did have a "broken thing detector", it would probably register on 10% of the population, or more... the vast majority of whom will still never shoot anybody. What we don't know about the inner workings of the brain, would fill books, volumes, encyclopedia sets... if we knew enough about it to write them, which we don't. The "psychologists" we will see on TV for the next several weeks, are completely ignorant of what was wrong with this guy... and the honest ones will tell you that straight out. But those aren't the ones who will be on TV.

Well, that's what will happen over the next weeks. And a few people will say that if we make some laws about certain things, we will have "done something about it"... with no particular reason to think they will have any actual effect on the next guy with a broken thing inside his head.

Here we go again. As we did last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Useful result: ZERO. Just like last time, etc.

When is everyone just going to admit that this country does not give a fuck about mass shootings?

Just say...Too bad people were killed and move on

You Communists said that if we outlaw guns that there would be no mass shootings. This was in a "gun free zones." where guns were outlawed.

When is everyone just going to admit that you Communists are lying, that outlawing guns does nothing to stop these kind of things?

Shooter is dead. All mass shootings end when the shooter is confronted with a gun. Also, every mass shooter is either Muslim or atheist. No exceptions to either point.

How many Muslim or atheist mass shooters have we had?

Lone white male from "good family" goes on rampage

Every mass shooting in America has been either an atheist or Muslim. Every single one.

that's a lie.

Your evidence is underwhelming. Fact remains, every mass shooting has been done by a Muslim or atheist.

again... lies.

You're missing something! how do you know which apparent law abiding citizen will stop being one after they've committed a murder. No ones trying to stop Americans having guns, but why would you need these guns which can fire off 60 rounds in a minute, surely a simple handgun is sufficient to protect oneself . The problem is that these guns are treated like hobbies to collect.

Shooter is dead. All mass shootings end when the shooter is confronted with a gun. Also, every mass shooter is either Muslim or atheist. No exceptions to either point.

Every mass shooting in America has been either an atheist or Muslim. Every single one.

that's a lie.

Your evidence is underwhelming. Fact remains, every mass shooting has been done by a Muslim or atheist.

again... lies.
I notice you failed to respond to my reminder to you that it is ALREADY the law that those adjudged mentally incompetent can not legally own possess or buy a firearm.

Guns everywhere and no mental health system to speak of. Thanks New BS GOP. Insane party, insane country.
It was the libs that demanded mental patient be set free. Civil rights and all.

And the guns are illegally brought in through Mexico thanks to lax immigration laws.

Actually it's harder to buy in Mexico than here. All you have to do is go too e of these gun shows all over the country.

Nobody knows the history of the shooter so far but you can bet your ass(ets) that the left will blame the NRA and the GOP. It's a knee jerk response that they can't resist and to paraphrase a prominent democrat politician "never let a tragedy go to waste if you can turn it into a political issue". The radical left is on record supporting and cheering about a federal mandate that says you can't detain or arrest drunks and crazy people no matter how offensive their conduct is. You have to let them drool on books in the public library and piss in the parks while they are sleeping off a drunk. The same logic authorizes crazy people to purchase firearms. It happened in the worst shooting in school history (30 people) in Va. Blacksburg a couple of years ago when liberals blocked an instant name check to purchase firearms for a student who was so crazy that the court ordered psychiatric counseling.

So you want a test to exercise a Constitutional right? Remind me what the Supreme Court said about that in regards voting?

^ Classic extremist answer. Kudos!

No, Sarge... I want to talk about it. We gotta do something.

that's a lie.

again... lies.
I notice you failed to respond to my reminder to you that it is ALREADY the law that those adjudged mentally incompetent can not legally own possess or buy a firearm.

is there a federal data base, bubbalah?

You're missing something! how do you know which apparent law abiding citizen will stop being one after they've committed a murder. No ones trying to stop Americans having guns, but why would you need these guns which can fire off 60 rounds in a minute, surely a simple handgun is sufficient to protect oneself . The problem is that these guns are treated like hobbies to collect.
I am sorry but only machine guns can fire more then one round every second or so. And those are tightly controlled. Remind me again how french law, Belgium law and British law stopped criminals from getting firearms?

that's a lie.

again... lies.

is there a federal data base, bubbalah?
The fed requires that they be reported it is a State issue if the State is not doing so.

that's a lie.

again... lies.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Prove its a lie. Name one mass shooter in America who was not a Muslim or atheist. Just one. Uno

Think you're missing the whole point of the 2nd.

Whenever something like this happens, we always go through the usual "Oh my, why did he do it, what caused him to do it, what could we have done to prevent this" litany. Every time. I suppose it's only natural to think those things after some horrible tragedy like this.

But wondering what we could have done to prevent it, doesn't mean there WAS anything we could have done.

Hearing recent news reports, was the first I've heard of this event, and I know nothing about it except what's in those.

But I can probably predict how things will go - since they have gone this way for every other mass murder like this.

The shooter's motives will be analyzed... and it will be found that he didn't really have any "normal" motives. He didn't hate the thirty or forty people he shot. He didn't even know most of them, perhaps didn't know any of them at all.

It will be found that he was a loner who was unhappy and a little weird, but not obviously homicidal. And/or his girlfriend jilted him last week. Or that he got a reprimand on his job. Or got a speeding ticket in his car. Or that he just got back from Iraq where he was greatly stressed. Or that his parents he was living with (if he was) suggested that he get off his duff and get a job. Or he got up two mornings ago, saw a green tree with a red bird in it, and decided from that to go and kill a bunch of people. Or some other thing happened that people can point to as the "trigger" that set him off.

And nobody, but nobody, will point out the fact that the thing that "set him off", is something that happens to various people every day, by the thousands or millions across this country... and none of THEM got a gun and started blasting away at everyone in sight. Not even the loners who were unhappy and a little weird... of which there are lots, in this country of 300 million people.

Not something that caused him to lurch around, drooling and babbling and slapping himself. But something that remained pretty much hidden, until a "stimulus" that hundreds of thousands of people get every day, happened to him this time. And the broken thing inside his head caused him to react very differently from the way everyone else has reacted over the eons.

What could have we done to prevent it? Not a damned thing. Because we don't have a "broken thing detector". Nothing else could have foretold that he would do this.

Even if we did have a "broken thing detector", it would probably register on 10% of the population, or more... the vast majority of whom will still never shoot anybody. What we don't know about the inner workings of the brain, would fill books, volumes, encyclopedia sets... if we knew enough about it to write them, which we don't. The "psychologists" we will see on TV for the next several weeks, are completely ignorant of what was wrong with this guy... and the honest ones will tell you that straight out. But those aren't the ones who will be on TV.

Well, that's what will happen over the next weeks. And a few people will say that if we make some laws about certain things, we will have "done something about it"... with no particular reason to think they will have any actual effect on the next guy with a broken thing inside his head.

Here we go again. As we did last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

Screw "Why?"

Punish behavior and don't let broken Monkeys have dangerous tools or toys.

Screw "Why?"

Punish behavior and don't let broken Monkeys have dangerous tools or toys.
Be specific how would you stop them? It is already illegal for anyone adjudged mentally incompetent to own possess or buy a firearm.

Forum List

Back