Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

No one is saying not to think or to speculate. I hate it myself when the news reports the "accused" shooter when there is no doubt the person was the shooter. But what is wrong with waiting until you have the actual and enough of the facts to make a judgment?

Chances are that this mans religion did come into play. Chances are he decided to become a martyr instead of going to Iraq. But those are speculations and may not be right. We will learn the truth or more of the truth soon enough.

Right now we know very little about the shooter. We do not have people coming forward saying he was some radical islamist. We do have people coming forward that he was pissed at being deployed.

The guy had been in the Army since High School and had never been deployed yet. he also had the Army pay for his doctorate. There is no evidence of Hasan, his family or his associates being radical islamists

Lets let more facts come in before we draw conclusions

Right now, our concern should be with the 30 injured soldiers

• Thanks
Reactions: del
No one is saying not to think or to speculate. I hate it myself when the news reports the "accused" shooter when there is no doubt the person was the shooter. But what is wrong with waiting until you have the actual and enough of the facts to make a judgment?

Chances are that this mans religion did come into play. Chances are he decided to become a martyr instead of going to Iraq. But those are speculations and may not be right. We will learn the truth or more of the truth soon enough.

I agree with you when you say judgement, the thing I disagree with is that maybe you might think these people are passing judgement when at this early stage people are just being people and bullshitting. This is crazy stuff so people do what people do, we gossip, we fit the story into our ideals and thoughts, we speculate what happened and what could happen, this is investigative thinking, the type of thinking that comes up with an idea of what happened, and you know what, with all the different people speculating on the boards someone is going to speculate to what happened or somone will come up with a point missed by the media and wont that be great if we all recognize points made missed by the media.

Chances are too many people will be bickering and defending when some folk here are actually onto ideas others are not even considering yet.

I myself would prefer to read this thread minus all the bullshit and be able to see the brilliant posts.

Too many people in this thread are using this as an oppurtunity to label others bigots, people are literally saying they dont want free speech.

So quit your lousy name calling and speculate and assume something that makes a point everyone else may miss, hell I am going to assume and speculate that this man is part of a greater Islamic conspiracy, I may be wrong but somewhere someone is planning the next attack, so I think we should all assume this was just a little attack testing us for a bigger battle to come.

"Federal law enforcement officials told the AP that Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.

"The officials say the postings appeared to have been made by Hasan, but are still trying to confirm that he was the author. They say an official investigation was not opened.

"One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades."

Shooter among 12 dead in Fort Hood rampage | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

are you aware that the man's family have shared "truth" with Fox News?

are you aware that the man's family have shared "truth" with Fox News?

I heard, and we will continue to hear even more. But we will not hear as much as the investigators for a few days.

Note the media spin at the very end of the article. Hasan never was in Iraq..he was a PTSD psychiatrist or counselor himself who had never seen action...

But they managed to find a couple of ditzy broads who loudly proclaimed it was the fault of the armed forces for not giving our war veterans enough counseling.

HEY! This guy WAS a counselor, who had never seen battle. So how does that fit?

It doesn't. It's simply spin.

Right now we know very little about the shooter. We do not have people coming forward saying he was some radical islamist. We do have people coming forward that he was pissed at being deployed.

The guy had been in the Army since High School and had never been deployed yet. he also had the Army pay for his doctorate. There is no evidence of Hasan, his family or his associates being radical islamists

Chances are, you are assuming, you are speculating, dont you know assuming gets people killed.

You drew conclusions, most notably drawing the conclusion that drawing conclusions should wait. Hypocrite.

Chances are, you are assuming, you are speculating, dont you know assuming gets people killed.

You drew conclusions, most notably drawing the conclusion that drawing conclusions should wait. Hypocrite.

?

?

You are telling us not to draw conclusions, that is the conclusion you came to, hence you drew a conclusion, your conclusion is no more valid than others, its being hypocritical to tell others not to do what you are doing.

I know you dont realize what you doing that is why I pointed it out.

Telling others not to post what they think, hell, I have not seen anybody come to a final conclusion, your labeling gossip and speculation "conclusions", based on what, how do you come to this conclusion?

Indeed, now we hear that this man is alive. This perhaps illustrates the folly of jumping to reckless conclusions, with so many willing to screech about "Islamic" terrorism because they heard an Arab name and believed it to be "Islamic" despite the fact that Islam is a global religion with adherents of various races, ethnicities, and nationalities. It reminds me of the sickeningly irrational views about the "Japs" in the WWII era.

I'm drawing some pretty interesting conclusions myself.

I believe they're still on lockdown. WHY???

While they were on lockdown, I heard a girl whose baby is on base say that she had just rec'd a text message from a military guy who said he'd gotten in, and had a weapon on him or in his car when he did. AFTER LOCKDOWN.

This is fucking outrageous. And this is exactly what my son bitches about more than anything about the Army. Their base security SUCKS. He told me that months ago. He said there is no monitoring of the servicemen, there aren't adequate patrols, and that's just ludicrous when you're talking about these huge bases.

Equally disturbing is the fact that this guy shot more than 40 people before anyone was able to kill him. NOBODY ON THE BASE HAS A GUN ON THEM??? WTF is that all about?

Anyway, my son isn't there. Thank GOD. He went to Mississippi to prepare for deployment, is going back in a month or so.

Indeed, now we hear that this man is alive. This perhaps illustrates the folly of jumping to reckless conclusions, with so many willing to screech about "Islamic" terrorism because they heard an Arab name and believed it to be "Islamic" despite the fact that Islam is a global religion with adherents of various races, ethnicities, and nationalities. It reminds me of the sickeningly irrational views about the "Japs" in the WWII era.

Did you read the information about him? He's been under surveillance for posting about jihad.

But it is all very strange. The fact that they're still waiting for a press conference is weird, too.

You gotta love the ATF, though. They came from Waco to help.

With help like that, who needs enemies????

Forum List

Back