Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

I guess the shooter isn't dead, I thought they said he was? they say he is one of the wounded. This might have already been posted, sorry if it was.

Indeed, now we hear that this man is alive. This perhaps illustrates the folly of jumping to reckless conclusions, with so many willing to screech about "Islamic" terrorism because they heard an Arab name and believed it to be "Islamic" despite the fact that Islam is a global religion with adherents of various races, ethnicities, and nationalities. It reminds me of the sickeningly irrational views about the "Japs" in the WWII era.

Did you read the information about him? He's been under surveillance for posting about jihad.

But it is all very strange. The fact that they're still waiting for a press conference is weird, too.

You gotta love the ATF, though. They came from Waco to help.

With help like that, who needs enemies????
they haven't confirmed it was him who was posting.

Sounds like that security guard that shot him was a female.

have some more mad dog, allie

You know, I never did drink any.
I tasted it. It tasted like orange cough syrup.

But thanks for asking. I'm maddog-less, and drinkless period. In fact, I'm in the motel lobby. No drinks here.

Regardless of the state of the perp, a sad day indeed.

Tomorrow though, this may need to be moved to conspiracy forum.

Equally disturbing is the fact that this guy shot more than 40 people before anyone was able to kill him. NOBODY ON THE BASE HAS A GUN ON THEM??? WTF is that all about?

Military bases aren't Wild West zones, with everyone openly carrying combat arms. Weapons are stored in armories on site, and they would certainly have deployed MP personnel to handle this rather than send standard personnel after him with M-16s, as some apparently believe can happen.

I'm drawing some pretty interesting conclusions myself.

I believe they're still on lockdown. WHY???

While they were on lockdown, I heard a girl whose baby is on base say that she had just rec'd a text message from a military guy who said he'd gotten in, and had a weapon on him or in his car when he did. AFTER LOCKDOWN.

This is fucking outrageous. And this is exactly what my son bitches about more than anything about the Army. Their base security SUCKS. He told me that months ago. He said there is no monitoring of the servicemen, there aren't adequate patrols, and that's just ludicrous when you're talking about these huge bases.

Equally disturbing is the fact that this guy shot more than 40 people before anyone was able to kill him. NOBODY ON THE BASE HAS A GUN ON THEM??? WTF is that all about?

Anyway, my son isn't there. Thank GOD. He went to Mississippi to prepare for deployment, is going back in a month or so.

They are on lockdown because they want 100% accountability of all people on base. You don't know if there were other victims at other sites, you don't know if there are other shooters, you don't know if there are multiple attacks planned.

Security at Ft Hood is quite tight. They inspect all non-military vehicles for weapons and bombs. Soldiers are allowed access with a vehicle ID and CAC card

Soldiers do not carry guns on base, why should they? They are allowed personal weapons but why would you carry them as you walk around a US base?

Last edited:
All indications are that Major Nadawi was a Muslim. I'd been hoping since the incident was first brought to my attention that this wasn't the case, but there seems to be little doubt about it this point. The situation being as it is, I feel obliged to express my contempt toward the attacker as I would regardless of his religious affiliation. Predictably, a faction of people here began fulminating against Islam as soon as the suspect's name was released, but they're an insignificant group in terms of size as well as mental capability compared to those who view this attack as an isolated incident committed by a reprehensible individual with his own personal motivations. Thank you. :)

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
And upon you be peace and God's mercy and blessings.

I'm not sure how you could call me a racist. I have nothing against the human race.

I do, however; have something against violent, overly religious muslims who view all non-violent, non-overly religious muslims and non-muslims as infadels.

Islam is not a race. This guy could very well not have even been Middle Easter but changed his name to a muslim name like so many do. He could have been black like the guy who attacked the recruiting post, or white, or hispanic, who knows?

News says he was Jordanian.

You mean an Arab. Jordanians are Arabs.

All indications are that Major Nadawi was a Muslim. I'd been hoping since the incident was first brought to my attention that this wasn't the case, but there seems to be little doubt about it this point. The situation being as it is, I feel obliged to express my contempt toward the attacker as I would regardless of his religious affiliation. Predictably, a faction of people here began fulminating against Islam as soon as the suspect's name was released, but they're an insignificant group in terms of size as well as mental capability compared to those who view this attack as an isolated incident committed by a reprehensible individual with his own personal motivations. Thank you. :)

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
And upon you be peace and God's mercy and blessings.

Do you condemn this "person's" actions even if it was in the name of Allah?

I'm drawing some pretty interesting conclusions myself.

I believe they're still on lockdown. WHY???

While they were on lockdown, I heard a girl whose baby is on base say that she had just rec'd a text message from a military guy who said he'd gotten in, and had a weapon on him or in his car when he did. AFTER LOCKDOWN.

This is fucking outrageous. And this is exactly what my son bitches about more than anything about the Army. Their base security SUCKS. He told me that months ago. He said there is no monitoring of the servicemen, there aren't adequate patrols, and that's just ludicrous when you're talking about these huge bases.

Anyway, my son isn't there. Thank GOD. He went to Mississippi to prepare for deployment, is going back in a month or so.

They are on lockdown because they want 100% accountability of all people on base. You don't know if there were other victims at other sites, you don't know if there are other shooters, you don't know if there are multiple attacks planned.

Security at Ft Hood is quite tight. They inspect all non-military vehicles for weapons and bombs. Soldiers are allowed access with a vehicle ID and CAC card

Soldiers do not carry guns on base, why should they? They are allowed personal weapons but why would you carry them as you walk around a US base?

Because military bases are targets.
Because they have a huge number of people in a volatile setting.
Because people go bonkers.

Islam is not a race. This guy could very well not have even been Middle Easter but changed his name to a muslim name like so many do. He could have been black like the guy who attacked the recruiting post, or white, or hispanic, who knows?

News says he was Jordanian.

You mean an Arab. Jordanians are Arabs.

he's an american of jordanian descent.

just like you're an american of proctological descent.

see how that works?

The cousin said he was harassed for his Muslim background despite being born and raised in Virginia. The relative added that he was making a six-figure income but was unhappy with his job and unhappy with his penidng deployment to Iraq. The Army says he was officially listed as having no religious preference.

Maybe his religion had little to do with it. Maybe he was simply a very disturbed person like a lot of these people that go shoot up places.
You have incorrectly attributed a quote to me. Please correct this error.

Thank you.

Did you read the information about him? He's been under surveillance for posting about jihad.

I've heard allegations, not confirmations. Regardless, it was when the Alabama trailer park residents heard of an Arab name that they determined that "Islamic" terrorism were involved, despite the presence of a significant number of non-Muslim Arabs and a substantial number of non-Arab Muslims. In what passes for the minds of the rednecks, it's simply a matter of "raghead = bad," which accounts for the assaults on Sikhs after 9/11.

I've heard allegations, not confirmations. Regardless, it was when the Alabama trailer park residents heard of an Arab name that they determined that "Islamic" terrorism were involved, despite the presence of a significant number of non-Muslim Arabs and a substantial number of non-Arab Muslims. In what passes for the minds of the rednecks, it's simply a matter of "raghead = bad," which accounts for the assaults on Sikhs after 9/11.

That sounds like bigotry against trailer park residents in Alabama. I know you're much too sensitive a haji to resort to BIGOTRY or HATRED.

PS, if this guy is the one who wrote on those blogs, what you have to say quickly becomes irrelevant, because it means the "Alabama trailer park residents" were right.

That sounds like bigotry against trailer park residents in Alabama. I know you're much too sensitive a haji to resort to BIGOTRY or HATRED.
Interesting slip-up, wasn't it?

Good catch.

CLASSIC!!!

Ali Baba and Aladdin arguing about Islam!

PS, if this guy is the one who wrote on those blogs, what you have to say quickly becomes irrelevant, because it means the "Alabama trailer park residents" were right.

Forum List

Back