Breaking News from Genesis 1:9

Who told you that? A talking snake?
You don’t even know which bathroom to use.

Weird deflection...
Just reminding you that your level of science is < 2 years old.

Do you believe in talking snakes?
Do you believe the rock in your front planter may one day write a concerto?
Do you believe America is a free society with equal representation for all?

Those are equivalent fallacies.

Weird deflection...

Just answer. It's a very simple question. Do you believe that a snake talked at any time in history?

I think I'm missing a rib!?!?!?!?!?!

Weird deflection...

Just answer. It's a very simple question. Do you believe that a snake talked at any time in history?
You first.

dinosaurs-noahs-ark-oh-crap-today.jpg

Weird deflection...

I have no problem with anyone thinking a rock may one day write a bestselling novel.

Weird deflection...

You first.

No. I don't own a rock, or a front planter.

Do you believe a snake talked even once in history?

You first.

hillary_forked_tongue.gif

You first.

I'm talking about the s-word. You'd have a point if I was talking about the c-word.

You first.

I'm talking about the s-word. You'd have a point if I was talking about the c-word.
adam and eve1.jpg

Weird deflection...

I have no problem with anyone thinking a rock may one day write a bestselling novel.
Evocative of Don Jr's "book" and the staged bulk purchases that made up his "sales".

You first.

View attachment 310931

Stormy told the entire world about that little mushroom of Don's that he payed her to service.

You first.

View attachment 310931

Stormy told the entire world about that little mushroom of Don's that he payed her to service.
I see you think about it.

How does this prove the biblical flood when it happened billions of years before biblical humans?

What you bring up is a valid question even though we have differences about the timelines. I don't think the new evidence does so conclusively, but the new evidence for waterworld does backup the biblical explanation in some ways. It's a lot to go into, but the explanations are here:

https://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c010.html

https://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-floodwater.html

As for conclusive evidence that what Moses wrote in Genesis took place is arguable, too. I think the waterworld argument helps back what Moses wrote.

Moses reports on things that happened around 2500 years before his time. Would people in his day be able to believe what he wrote? I would think they could go back a few hundred years with some accuracy, but anything over a thousand becomes more difficult. I think they could believe what happened in regards to a global flood from that period of time before. However, there was a mythological story regarding a large flood as the Epic of Gilgamesh and Moses wrote something similar of Noah's flood in Genesis. This was much later, but I think he explained much more in detail. Thus, I would think there were people who did not believe Moses about it during that time as we have people who dismiss it as myth and use the Epic of Gilgamesh for their argument. Here are the differences between the two from a Christian pov -- The Flood of Noah and the Flood of Gilgamesh.

I posted this already, but the billions of years people have some explaining to do with the new evidence as it affects what Darwin wrote and the evolutionary timeline based on geology.

Darwin's timeline:
Years
ago
Event
Anatomically modern humans evolve. Seventy thousand years later, their descendents create cave paintings — early expressions of consciousness.
4 million In Africa, an early hominid, affectionately named "Lucy" by scientists, lives. The ice ages begin, and many large mammals go extinct.
65 million A massive asteroid hits the Yucatan Peninsula, and ammonites and non-avian dinosaurs go extinct. Birds and mammals are among the survivors.
130 million As the continents drift toward their present positions, the earliest flowers evolve, and dinosaurs dominate the landscape. In the sea, bony fish diversify.
225 million Dinosaurs and mammals evolve. Pangea has begun to break apart.
248 million Over 90% of marine life and 70% of terrestrial life go extinct during the Earth's largest mass extinction. Ammonites are among the survivors.
250 million The supercontinent called Pangea forms. Conifer-like forests, reptiles, and synapsids (the ancestors of mammals) are common.
360 million Four-limbed vertebrates move onto the land as seed plants and large forests appear. The Earth's oceans support vast reef systems.
420 million Land plants evolve, drastically changing Earth's landscape and creating new habitats.
450 million Arthropods move onto the land. Their descendants evolve into scorpions, spiders, mites, and millipedes.
500 million Fish-like vertebrates evolve. Invertebrates, such as trilobites, crinoids, brachiopids, and cephalopods, are common in the oceans.
555 million Multi-cellular marine organisms are common. The diverse assortment of life includes bizarre-looking animals like Wiwaxia.
3.5 billion Unicellular life evolves. Photosynthetic bacteria begin to release oxygen into the atmosphere.
3.8 billion Replicating molecules (the precursors of DNA) form.
4.6 billion The Earth forms and is bombarded by meteorites and comets.

Waterworld would screw up Darwin's unicellular life. Furthermore, how do you explain today's 3/4 surface water? In the past, it was meteors and comets of ice that brought them (dumb hypothesis :auiqs.jpg:).

Important events in the history of life

Anyways, my question to Weatherman. Is it scientifically possible that a talking snake existed?

Weird deflection...
Yeah, he has a very bad habit of playing stupid and saying very stupid things as a result. It makes one wonder if he is actually "playing" stupid, given the frequency of such stupid comments from him.

Last edited:
Anyways, my question to Weatherman. Is it scientifically possible that a talking snake existed?

Ten-Commandments-1500w-56b36bca5f9b58def9c99bcb.jpg

The answer is based on can you keep the Ten Commandments above?

If the answer is no, then it means you are doomed for hell and there was no talking serpent. Serpents can't talk.

If the answer is yes, then it means you're still an innocent fetus, baby, child, and will go to heaven and there was no talking serpent. Jesus will look into their heart and know.

So you still haven't gotten a full answer. Where is your answer? In hell. There you go.

If you don't like that, then God gave us a workaround, but Weatherman2020 and I are keeping it to ourselves.

Lol..Now that’s a first..So explain how you reconcile the earth being 6000 years old according to Genesis with science?
Do you believe time is constant?
That my be your best argument. Does the Bible indicate anywhere where time is relative?
Not that I know of. It’s not likely that has anything to do with our salvation.
I admit there are things in the world that defy explanation. I discount nothing.
And to the question of the age of the earth, investigate geology. Look at every cut and the layers from all over the world.

Precise and distinct layers with a key feature always missing - no rivers or streams are seen in any layering. Odds are you’d see a stream cut somewhere.
View attachment 310772 View attachment 310773 View attachment 310774
BTW - the top photo is layers formed over just a 2 month period. Mt St Helens. It could pass off as being millions of years old.
Of course you could always ask a geologist.

Forum List

Back