Breaking :Rep Rangel (D-NY) Wants to Reinstitute Military Draft BEFORE Syria Vote

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Rangel wants to bring back the draft before Congress votes on war with Syria

100381267-rangel-pushes.jpg

_-___--_-----_----

Why? What are the plans? Inquiring Minds want to know.

Rangel's argument, which is true, that an American population, with each family's investment in the draft, will be far more involved in these types of affairs.

Neither President nor the Congress desire such an involvement.

No draft.

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.

It's a miracle that corrupt old son of a bitch is still in office but it doesn't surprise me much considering the area he represents.

He does this every time military action is being talked about being used

Is it his time of the year again? Rangel has been bringing the same resolution to reinstate the draft for years. Every year the same one.

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.

I wonder why he might not like war? You and too many others who post here seem to think war is a game, Rep, Rangle knows differently:

"in November of 1950, during the Battle of Kunu-ri. Despite shrapnel wounds, Rangel led 40 of his comrades for three days behind enemy lines rather than surrender. He was later recognized for his bravery with the Purple Heart, a Bronze Star, a Presidential Unit Citation, the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, and three battle stars."

I believe every citizen owes a duty to our nation. Two years compulsory community service for every physically and mentally capable 16 to 32 year old makes sense for many reasons. One being a lesson in community and an understanding that Objectivism is the philosophy of those who don't meet the MQ's.

Rangel believes that the military is overwhelmingly black and poor. If rich whites were drafted and forced to fight there would be no more wars.

It's not true, but Rangel believes it and has always believed it.

Rangel's argument, which is true, that an American population, with each family's investment in the draft, will be far more involved in these types of affairs.

Neither President nor the Congress desire such an involvement.

No draft.

True.

But Rangel knows that there is no such thing as limited attack. The purpose of launching Tomahawks missiles into Syria is to provoke Iran and Lebanon into retaliating against Israel. Then the prez will take the high ground by claiming that he just wanted to punish Syria for gassing children and those bad nasty regimes oppose it. And of course he will then have to begin a war against those two countries.

How Will You Deal With $10 a Gallon Gas?

The Dear Leader has Decided to pause – briefly – for a perfunctory congressional approval before triggering what could be TEOTWAWKI – the end of the world as we know it – by lobbing bombs at Syria. Which will likely result in Syria (and perhaps Iran, allied with Syria) lobbing bombs at Israel, the proxy poodle (or is it thObama $10 gas picturee reverse?) of the United State (“s” left off in the interests of accuracy). Whereupon the entire region – then the world – may well go up in flames. At least, until it runs out of oil."

What better way to lower unemployment?

It's just how FDR finally lowered unemployment in his Depression

I dont think we need a draft. But then I dont think we need to get involved in Syria's civil war. I see nothing but bad things coming if we continue on this pathway.

He does this every time military action is being talked about being used

the way Washington punishes Assad for (allegedly) killing Syrians with chemical weapons is for Washington to kill more Syrians with cruise missiles.

No competent administration would risk a military strike that could result in a Middle East conflagration and a rise in oil prices, thus worsening the economic situation that Washington faces.

If comrade Barry wants to reset the system then bombing the hell out of Syria would be a terrific place to start assuming we don't all get killed first.

Hey Charlie, we're behind ya 100% on this one, now just convince a majority of your compadres to vote with you on it.

We've needed a draft for decades, two year minimum commitment.

Let's see how well the obama ass lickers love his war mongering after that.

Progressives are lining up at recruiting offices all over in the districts where Obama carried 110% of the registered voters in 2012

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have no problem re-instituting the draft as long as the sons and daughters of every current serving politician of legal age are the first to go.

Forum List

Back