Breaking :Rep Rangel (D-NY) Wants to Reinstitute Military Draft BEFORE Syria Vote

Rangel wants to bring back the draft before Congress votes on war with Syria

100381267-rangel-pushes.jpg

_-___--_-----_----

Why? What are the plans? Inquiring Minds want to know.

Doesn't Rangel bring that up every year?

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.
His reasoning is that every socioeconomic group is required to fight when military actions are undertaken. Surely he remember's Viet Nam and how selective the draft was. College students, professionals working in defense and aerospace, and a long list of other groups were excluded. The draft was named Selective Service with emphasis on selective.

Hey numbnuts - the MAJORITY of people who served in Vietnam VOLUNTEERED - dumb fuck.

He does this every time military action is being talked about being used

Someone has suggested that Americans will pay more attention to what is going on if they will pay dearly for DC actions.

I would agree if the draft included the lily white daughters of Republicans. I want to see their reaction when their precious ones share foxholes with Tyronne.

They already do, dumbass.

Nothing like exposing how STUPID you are about the military.

If there ever is a draft, I will encourage my children to refuse to serve. NONE of us has an obligation to fight in wars that are unlawful under intl law and are war crimes.

Fuckin' A brother. Let's get a few of these lilly livered little fairy ass leftist pussies up on the front battle lines. Then lets see how much support we see on here for their fucking WAR MONGERING MESSIAH'S shit he's pulling.

I may VOLUNTEER at the recruiting station to ensure these pole-smoking Libberhoids are greased through the process, given a duffel bag, shipped to Parris Island - sent to the Syrian front ASAP.

Color me surprised. :D

C'mon libtards... there's no need to WAIT FOR A DRAFT, you think your messiah's war mongering is such a GREAT IDEA, just head on down to the recruiter station and VOLUNTEER!

Already did....and now retired with a nice military pension. :D

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.
His reasoning is that every socioeconomic group is required to fight when military actions are undertaken. Surely he remember's Viet Nam and how selective the draft was. College students, professionals working in defense and aerospace, and a long list of other groups were excluded. The draft was named Selective Service with emphasis on selective.

Hey numbnuts - the MAJORITY of people who served in Vietnam VOLUNTEERED - dumb fuck.

When they slaughtered fleeing civilians on command, did being a volunteer cleanse them from guilt for their war crimes?

Rangel believes that the military is overwhelmingly black and poor. If rich whites were drafted and forced to fight there would be no more wars.

It's not true, but Rangel believes it and has always believed it.

You have no idea what Rangel believes, you and Rabbi are two to the most egregious liars on this message board.

Democrats will get us into this war, and this will start with a completely pointless attack.

It all started with an off hand comment by obama during a presidential campaign where he felt he had to assert himself.
Democrats start 'em, republicans finish. History has proven this.

Democrats are always big with the talk, but it's the old "alligator mouth writing checks the mosquito ass can't cover."

Republicans finished WWI? Republicans finished WWII? Republicans finished Korea? Republicans did finish Vietnam. Republicans finished Iraq?

Oh? I'd like to see a link for that.

I dont think we need a draft. But then I don't think we need to get involved in Syria's civil war. I see nothing but bad things coming if we continue on this pathway.

Unfortunately, all the precursors point to a strike. Boehner has even decided to join Obama in that respect. Nothing good can come of this. Nothing. I fear we may be opening a Pandora's box in the Middle East.

Oh? I'd like to see a link for that.

Sobering Statistics

DRAFTEES VS. VOLUNTEERS:
25% (648,500) of total forces in country were draftees. (66% of U.S. armed forces members were drafted during WWII).

Draftees accounted for 30.4% (17,725) of combat deaths in Vietnam.

Reservists killed: 5,977

National Guard: 6,140 served: 101 died.

Total draftees (1965 - 73): 1,728,344.

Actually served in Vietnam: 38% Marine Corps Draft: 42,633.

Last man drafted: June 30, 1973.

Sing it with me...bomb-bomb-bomb. Bomb-bomb-Iran!

Just a year and a half ago:

Nearly half of Americans favor a pre-emptive U.S. strike against Iran’s nuclear weapons development program, a new Newsmax poll reveals — but there is a wide disparity between the opinions of Republicans and Democrats.

But among Republicans, a whopping 67.3 percent favor American action, compared with 37.6 percent of Democrats and 39 percent of independents.

Nearly Half of Americans Say Attack Iran Now

I dont think we need a draft. But then I dont think we need to get involved in Syria's civil war. I see nothing but bad things coming if we continue on this pathway.

"Administration officials said the influential pro-Israel lobby group Aipac was already at work pressing for military action against the government of Mr. Assad, , "

Surprise, surprise, surprise

Democrats will get us into this war, and this will start with a completely pointless attack.

It all started with an off hand comment by obama during a presidential campaign where he felt he had to assert himself.
Democrats start 'em, republicans finish. History has proven this.

Democrats are always big with the talk, but it's the old "alligator mouth writing checks the mosquito ass can't cover."

Republicans finished WWI? Republicans finished WWII? Republicans finished Korea? Republicans did finish Vietnam. Republicans finished Iraq?

I've posted on this board many times, the PROOF of what party started wars and what party finished them. Dems have in fact started more wars than repubs, which then ended them.

Google is your friend. Look for yourself and don't be lazy.

Well, look at all the "free country" proponents advocating conscription. That's an awful nice log jammed in your eye there.

Well, there's that.

I have never been comfortable with either position. Drafts are economically inefficient and intrude on liberty. I recognize there are times when intrusion on liberty is warranted. I am not sure this is one of them.
OTOH, universal conscription allows the inculcation of American values. There are hispanic ghetto dwellers who didnt even know what the Star Spangled Banner was until they joined the army. A bunch of young people have no idea what this country is about, or what the major institutions and culture relating to it are.

I am uncomfortable serving along side someone that doesn't want to be and is forced to be there.

Guys in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam didnt necessarily feel that way.
That said, the quality of soldier in the all volunteer force is far better than under the draft.

Forum List

Back