Breaking :Rep Rangel (D-NY) Wants to Reinstitute Military Draft BEFORE Syria Vote

Rangel wants to bring back the draft before Congress votes on war with Syria

100381267-rangel-pushes.jpg

_-___--_-----_----

Why? What are the plans? Inquiring Minds want to know.

He's right.

Wanna slow down the rush to wars and their duration? Send in the rich kids.

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.

Rangel believes that the military is overwhelmingly black and poor. If rich whites were drafted and forced to fight there would be no more wars.

It's not true, but Rangel believes it and has always believed it.

You have no idea what Rangel believes, you and Rabbi are two to the most egregious liars on this message board.
Rangel's statements and beliefs here go back many years, you miserable cock-sucker. Looks like you're the liar here, Mary.
Charlie Rangel's draft obsession

Rangel has been pushing for a draft for years now. I have no idea why. Probably to make wars unpopular.
His reasoning is that every socioeconomic group is required to fight when military actions are undertaken. Surely he remember's Viet Nam and how selective the draft was. College students, professionals working in defense and aerospace, and a long list of other groups were excluded. The draft was named Selective Service with emphasis on selective.

Hey numbnuts - the MAJORITY of people who served in Vietnam VOLUNTEERED - dumb fuck.
I did not say the draftees were the majority in Vietnam. Apparently, you read into my post what you were looking for. My point was that the draft was very unfair because of the huge number of deferments granted.

Democrats will get us into this war, and this will start with a completely pointless attack.

It all started with an off hand comment by obama during a presidential campaign where he felt he had to assert himself.
Democrats start 'em, republicans finish. History has proven this.

Democrats are always big with the talk, but it's the old "alligator mouth writing checks the mosquito ass can't cover."

Republicans finished WWI? Republicans finished WWII? Republicans finished Korea? Republicans did finish Vietnam. Republicans finished Iraq?

Bush handed the status of forces agreement to Obama that ended our engagement in Iraq. It was already a done deal.

Well, there's that.

I have never been comfortable with either position. Drafts are economically inefficient and intrude on liberty. I recognize there are times when intrusion on liberty is warranted. I am not sure this is one of them.
OTOH, universal conscription allows the inculcation of American values. There are hispanic ghetto dwellers who didnt even know what the Star Spangled Banner was until they joined the army. A bunch of young people have no idea what this country is about, or what the major institutions and culture relating to it are.

I am uncomfortable serving along side someone that doesn't want to be and is forced to be there.

Guys in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam didnt necessarily feel that way.
That said, the quality of soldier in the all volunteer force is far better than under the draft.

The "someone that doesn't want to be and is forced to be there" that I refer too is the draftee. We agree!

What better way to lower unemployment?

It's just how FDR finally lowered unemployment in his Depression

Most in U.S. oppose Syria strike, Post-ABC poll finds

By Scott Clement, Published: September 3 at 2:00 pmE-mail the writer

Americans widely oppose launching missile strikes against the Syrian government for its alleged use of chemical weapons, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll that finds little appetite for military action across the country despite a growing drumbeat in Washington.

But since we live in a dictatorship those figures will be ignored.

My point was that the draft was very unfair because of the huge number of deferments granted.

Really now -- what hard evidence do you have of that?
Of the 10 million college students, 400,000 to 600,000 had college deferments. 300,000 were exempted because of family status. Another 300,000 had occupational deferments plus a number of special exemptions. Over a million draft age men were excluded from the draft. One of the goals of the selective service act was to spread the responsibility to serve the country fairly. The draft during the Vietnam era could hardly be considered fair because of huge number of exemptions and deferments.

Fast Facts
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=4E5io9N0-zV82GCGRMUhtw&bvm=bv.51495398,d.cGE

-rangel-wants-to-bring-back-the-draft-before-congress-votes-on-war-with-syria".

Absolutely, let's have ten drafts before the vote.

Then before the war vote, let's vote to impeach this fucking scumbag for having multiple sublet rent stabilized apartments, and not paying taxes on his puerto rican real estate. Then let's audit the fucking turd to see how someone making an average of $150K a year has many millions accumulated.

THEN, let's have that war vote.

Rangel believes that the military is overwhelmingly black and poor. If rich whites were drafted and forced to fight there would be no more wars. It's not true, but Rangel believes it and has always believed it.

It is a VOLUNTEER FUCKING ARMY, NO ONE IS FORCED TO SERVE.

How fucking stupid can this jackass be?

I am uncomfortable serving along side someone that doesn't want to be and is forced to be there.

But as we all know, all the tough-talking, anti-obama/anti-war advocates here served right at the front lines - of the commissary of their local fort serving chow to the trainees and engineers, all the while yucking it up how it was all the "other idiots" who were sent to combat... :eusa_whistle:

Rip Taylor had confetti.
Bozo the clown had seltzer water and baggy pants.
Robin Williams used to say nanu nanu.
Charlie Rangel recites from a yellowed, dust cover speech about bringing back the draft.
It's nothing but a schtick.

Rangel's argument, which is true, that an American population, with each family's investment in the draft, will be far more involved in these types of affairs.

Neither President nor the Congress desire such an involvement.

No draft.

I see: being a slave to be disposed of as the government sees fit is an "investment."

You talk just like a Democrat, Fakey.

Forum List

Back