BREAKING: Rep. Steve Stockman: Sgt. At Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Lois Lerner have the Constitutional right to plead the Fifth Amendment? If so, why is she being held in contempt of Congress?

House votes to hold Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress - The Washington Post

Lois Lerner joins an exclusive club - The Washington Post
Learn before you post on lack of knowledge. See my sig.

Contempt of Court legal definition of Contempt of Court

I don't believe it's quite that simple.

A Few Notes On Lois Lerner And The Fifth Amendment | Popehat

Doesn't Lois Lerner have the Constitutional right to plead the Fifth Amendment? If so, why is she being held in contempt of Congress?

House votes to hold Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress - The Washington Post

Lois Lerner joins an exclusive club - The Washington Post
Learn before you post on lack of knowledge. See my sig.

Contempt of Court legal definition of Contempt of Court

I don't believe it's quite that simple.

A Few Notes On Lois Lerner And The Fifth Amendment | Popehat
You obviously don't know. Finding a link is not belief.

Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

Well, Congress held Eric Holder in contempt of Congress - but apparently Republicans didn't have the balls to lock him up.

Well, Congress held Eric Holder in contempt of Congress - but apparently Republicans didn't have the balls to lock him up.

But they are planning to issue Articles of Impeachment for Holder!

As to Lerner. She plead the Fifth AFTER making an opening statement. By making that statement, she legally waived her rights against self-incrimination.

[MENTION=31132]Lakhota[/MENTION] can comment on anything that he or she wants to, and you do not have the power to say otherwise, what you are doing is tantamount to bullying, and that will not stand. So, feel free to shove your comments where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, back to the OP:

The OP links to this source:

BREAKING: Rep. Steve Stockman: Sgt. At Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner - Allen West Republic

Though the link is to former US Rep. Allen West's website, it mostly quotes an article from CNN:

Congressman Steve Stockman Thursday filed a resolution directing the House Sergeant-At-Arms to arrest former IRS Director of the Exempt Organizations Unit Lois Lerner on charges of contempt of Congress.

“Asking the Justice Department to prosecute Lois Lerner for admittedly illegal activity is a joke. The Obama administration will not prosecute the Obama administration. How much longer will the House allow itself to be mocked? It is up to this House to uphold the rule of law and hold accountable those who illegally targeted American citizens for simply having different ideas than the President,” said Stockman.

“Democrats have openly stated the House has the powers to arrest those in contempt of Congress and imprison them in the Capitol. I don’t want to go as far as Democrats in exercising the House’s powers to arrest. Ms. Lerner will be held in the D.C. jail,” said Stockman.

Under the resolution Lerner would be held in the D.C. jail and would have full legal rights and access to an attorney.

“It’s time to for House to stop tacitly endorsing this administration’s illegal activity by refusing to hold him accountable. I expect Democrats to defend and even praise criminal activity. The question is whether Republican leadership will join them in mocking the House and breaking the law,” said Stockman.

Contempt of Congress is a criminal offense (Act of January 24, 1857, Ch. 19, sec. 1, 11 Stat. 155.) Congress’ power to hold someone in contempt has been recognized by the United States Supreme Court four times.

Democrats admit the House has the power to arrest those in contempt of Congress. “I could have arrested Karl Rove on any given day,” former House Speaker and current House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi told The Huffington Post just days ago, on June 20. “I’m not kidding. There’s a prison here in the Capitol. If we had spotted him in the Capitol, we could have arrested him.”

The article does not say whether the resolution has yet come to a vote.

BREAKING!!! STOCKMAN: SGT AT ARMS TO ARREST LOIS LERNER!

Hyperbolic shit like that gets the rubes wet between their legs.

The truth, though, is far too boring to tell: Dipshit whines for Lois Lerner to be arrested.

[MENTION=31132]Lakhota[/MENTION] can comment on anything that he or she wants to, and you do not have the power to say otherwise, what you are doing is tantamount to bullying, and that will not stand. So, feel free to shove your comments where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, back to the OP:

The OP links to this source:

BREAKING: Rep. Steve Stockman: Sgt. At Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner - Allen West Republic

Though the link is to former US Rep. Allen West's website, it mostly quotes an article from CNN:

Congressman Steve Stockman Thursday filed a resolution directing the House Sergeant-At-Arms to arrest former IRS Director of the Exempt Organizations Unit Lois Lerner on charges of contempt of Congress.

“Asking the Justice Department to prosecute Lois Lerner for admittedly illegal activity is a joke. The Obama administration will not prosecute the Obama administration. How much longer will the House allow itself to be mocked? It is up to this House to uphold the rule of law and hold accountable those who illegally targeted American citizens for simply having different ideas than the President,” said Stockman.

“Democrats have openly stated the House has the powers to arrest those in contempt of Congress and imprison them in the Capitol. I don’t want to go as far as Democrats in exercising the House’s powers to arrest. Ms. Lerner will be held in the D.C. jail,” said Stockman.

Under the resolution Lerner would be held in the D.C. jail and would have full legal rights and access to an attorney.

“It’s time to for House to stop tacitly endorsing this administration’s illegal activity by refusing to hold him accountable. I expect Democrats to defend and even praise criminal activity. The question is whether Republican leadership will join them in mocking the House and breaking the law,” said Stockman.

Contempt of Congress is a criminal offense (Act of January 24, 1857, Ch. 19, sec. 1, 11 Stat. 155.) Congress’ power to hold someone in contempt has been recognized by the United States Supreme Court four times.

Democrats admit the House has the power to arrest those in contempt of Congress. “I could have arrested Karl Rove on any given day,” former House Speaker and current House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi told The Huffington Post just days ago, on June 20. “I’m not kidding. There’s a prison here in the Capitol. If we had spotted him in the Capitol, we could have arrested him.”

The article does not say whether the resolution has yet come to a vote.

You're so full of stank shit your eyes are running black.. You berate Meathead over what he said to Shitting Bull then come back and demand he answer the OP.. ROFLMAO.. You said he was bullying.. < Insert Wahhhhh here >.. but that's precisely what you did moran.

You leftist douchepukes have been trying for 24 hours to taint this thread with what you call, mock, ridicule as a fail.. So my question to all of you brain rotted buttmunchers is, if it's a failure and has been since the OP began, why the need to keep coming back over and over with the same line?? Who the hell does that but snot infested crybabies? LMFAO

You leftist douchepukes have been trying for 24 hours to taint this thread with what you call, mock, ridicule as a fail.. So my question to all of you brain rotted buttmunchers is, if it's a failure and has been since the OP began, why the need to keep coming back over and over with the same line?? Who the hell does that but snot infested crybabies? LMFAO

Have they admitted any wrong doing yet.............

The current administration is not guilty of anything postings................

:eek:

This is the biggest FAIL thread of the year.

You follow Allen fucking nut bag West and you end up looking like a fool.

Taint? Taint this thread? How in the hell could anyone taint this thread? It was a hilarious clusterfuck out of the gate?

Noticed that this thread got bumped...back to the topic of the title...has Lois Lerner been arrested yet? Wasn't it imminent? Yesterday?

:lol:

Lerner deserves to be arrested for her actions with the IRS. She didn't do it on her own though. She's just the fall girl for the higher ups who ordered the targeting.

I'd love to see the Sargent lock her sorry butt up. It would make my day, but I doubt it will happen. Doesn't matter as the lawsuits continue with trails pending .

Lerner had better get used to taking the 5th. She will see a REAL COURT ROOM. By the people who were targeted by the IRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back