Breaking: Riot Season Opens Again in Minnesota

Anyone else pissed that MLB, NBA and NHL all canceled planed games in Minnesota tonight?

IMO, a better option is to yank all pro team franchises from the state so we are not inconvenienced like this again.
Lot of disappointed Red Sox fans this afternoon, that's certain. Our local radio station airs every Red Sox game. I was running errands when they called it, 5 minutes before game time, fans all there, players all ready. Announcers made the good point that the "safety issue" won't end today, and they ought to move the series to Fenway.

It's a shame unnecessary violence by cops is being met by unnecessary violence by protesters. It will solve nothing, lead to more tensions on both sides and wind up in more violence down the road.

There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

There is something wrong with someone that would pull someone over for that.

The place needs to burn.

You can blame the politicians who make the laws.

And those who kill over the most insignificant crimes. All the same, it will be politicians held accountable also if things burn.

Bullshit...lol

It's a shame unnecessary violence by cops is being met by unnecessary violence by protesters. It will solve nothing, lead to more tensions on both sides and wind up in more violence down the road.

You feel enforcing warrants is unnecessary, do ya?
What resolves nothing is not be reasoned and objective.

Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

Bull....She needs fired and charged. Whoever was in charge of her training needs fired.

If not the people should burn things down.

It'd be a shane if people burnt your home or business over something like this huh?

You're a fckn asshole and part of the problem. Innocent people had nothing to do with this, fuckwit

The alternative is easy. Fire and charge her.
In most law enforcement departments, an officer discharging a firearm results in that officer being placed on temporary leave while the episode is investigated. SOP, even if no deaths or injuries occurred. Such is rarely a positive career event for the officer involved, could delay promotion or further advancement.

A person who does something like this should never be allowed to own a gun again.
In most cases the investigation determines it was a justified use.

Would be more helpful to all if you focused on the vast majority whom aren't supposed to legally own/possess a firearm but do. Such as the many felons and criminals the police deal with daily whom are illegally armed.

While you're at it, your solution to end crimes of violence is ... what ???

Address the main cause. Poverty.
Nope. Genetics.

Another model citizen taken from us:
Fn9iAZXp.jpeg
Good riddance. What happens when raised by a Welfare Mom.

But you would deny that welfare mom the right to abort the fetus right?
You're very sick.

Don't like the taste of your own medicine huh?

And, the guy had an unregistered firearm, according to the warrant. Cops would have approached him as a threat to begin with. If he had not resisted his arrest, he would not have been a threat, and it would not have prompted the officers to take any further action.

EDIT: In other words, he wouldn't be dead.
What makes you think it wasn't taken away from him like every other unregistered firearm is?

No I feel enforcing a warrant shouldn't lead to death in this particular situation.

OldLady:
Shooting someone for fleeing with an outstanding warrant isn't usually on the approved shooting list.

What would you have done when a wanted man jumped in his car and was going to drive away?
The shooting appeared to be a foolish, tragic mistake by the officer. She was telling him he'd be tazed and after she pulled the trigger, realized she had her firearm in her hand rather than the tazer. She is said to be heard on audio saying this.
As tragic as this situation is, and it IS tragic that a 20-year-old died due to a mistake, she'd have never made the mistake had he complied and not tried to get back in the vehicle. He turned his back and was getting back into the vehicle. He could have been grabbing a weapon and cops aren't paid to ignore potential threats to their own lives.

There is something wrong with people who would make hanging an air freshener in your car illegal.

The place needs to burn.

And those who kill over the most insignificant crimes. All the same, it will be politicians held accountable also if things burn.
Do you feel the same for Ashli Babbitt?

20 year old. pulled for an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. Called his mother to ask for insurance information, was then questioned about an outstanding warrant on another traffic violation. Attempted to drive off and was shot to death, crashing the car also injuring his girlfriend.

We also haven't seen the video yet to see if he drove off or if maybe the vehicle moved forward after they shot him.

Here it is, and even after viewing it, still a shooting not justified, and the police chief has said it is an accidental shooting, because the female officer was supposed to be using the taser.

A normal gun is justified in the same instances a taser is to be used.

Only in a case of imminent threat of harm to the officer, or an innocent bystander. No such threat existed. Flight to evade arrest can be handled at a later time. The only action I could see as a valid reason, was the resist of the arrest, and being physically combative to reenter the vehicle. In that case you have a heat of the moment situation where the suspect could have reached for a firearm. It appears in this case, the assisting officer was quick on the trigger, as the vehicle was already in motion, and the officer can be heard saying she just shot him. The Chief of police doesn't seem to think the shooting was justified, and the reactions on the other officers faces, seems to demonstrate they don't think so either.
Same goes for the shooter of Ashli Babbitt then, eh?

Well just let's say your right. OK ?

Let's look at how cops deal with whites who resists arrests when it's on video.#

A white man can fight with cops and still not got shot. Unless you think if the video's below were black men the cops would have acted exactly the same.

1. White man refuses to comply with police orders.
2. He resists arrest.
3. He goes to his car and opens the door.
4. He attacks police officer.
5. He chases police officer.
6. He tries to steal police officer’s car.
7. He's not shot by police.

Another example
Strange, you left out the example of Ashli Babbitt.

Anyone else pissed that MLB, NBA and NHL all canceled planed games in Minnesota tonight?

IMO, a better option is to yank all pro team franchises from the state so we are not inconvenienced like this again.
Lot of disappointed Red Sox fans this afternoon, that's certain. Our local radio station airs every Red Sox game. I was running errands when they called it, 5 minutes before game time, fans all there, players all ready. Announcers made the good point that the "safety issue" won't end today, and they ought to move the series to Fenway.

There is only one "Side". That punk ,like ALL of 'em ,resisted arrest. And got his justice. Cry me a river. But the Java Men are rioting again.

Bull....She needs fired and charged. Whoever was in charge of her training needs fired.

It'd be a shane if people burnt your home or business over something like this huh?

You're a fckn asshole and part of the problem. Innocent people had nothing to do with this, fuckwit

In most law enforcement departments, an officer discharging a firearm results in that officer being placed on temporary leave while the episode is investigated. SOP, even if no deaths or injuries occurred. Such is rarely a positive career event for the officer involved, could delay promotion or further advancement.

A person who does something like this should never be allowed to own a gun again.

Would be more helpful to all if you focused on the vast majority whom aren't supposed to legally own/possess a firearm but do. Such as the many felons and criminals the police deal with daily whom are illegally armed.

Why is there poverty when there is a free Public School System for which I am paying?
The Democrats have spent 50 years creating a sub-society of welfare and slave labor.

And no, I'm not cheering on the Republicans.

I have zero interest in making things like this political.

No I feel enforcing a warrant shouldn't lead to death in this particular situation.

Good, we can save money by no longer issuing them. If perps don't feel like showing up for court, so be it. We will save on jails too.

Seems we won't even need the police.

I have so had it with the insanity in this country.

The place needs to burn.
I agree. That area is a shithole from what I hear.

People condemn the South all the time. Many times legitimately but there is something very wrong with Minnesota.
Who runs that state?

The people of Minnesota.
Remind me to not go there.

Most of the world's population lives in "poverty", though admittedly definitions of such vary. Yet we don't see them all resorting to crime, riot, theft, social disorder, etc.

Many find that education and being industrious is the more viable path out of 'poverty" or insufficient income.

Taking from others is a dead end, non real term solution, especially if one has morals, ethics, and some brains. Your posts show you are deficit in all three.

I also have no desire to further your hate.

Good, we can save money by no longer issuing them. If perps don't feel like showing up for court, so be it. We will save on jails too.

Who are you going to call when your unarmed ass is under attack by these animals?

The place needs to burn.

I saw absolutely no justification for her getting shot.

You are putting words in my mouth I never so much as thought. You've done it twice. Do you think you're fooling anyone who knows how to read?

The place needs to burn.

I saw absolutely no justification for her getting shot.

Yeah, but she's white. So fuck her. Huh?

Forum List

Back