BREAKING! Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn’s Sentencing

Oh, oh! Do I smell an acquittal on the horizon? How does that work?

Not necessarily, but the possibility exists. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing how mueller got the evidence he used against flynn, but if it is tainted then flynn walks. Sadly so to will manafort, who really is a scumbag.

Mueller got the evidence he used against Flynn because the FBI was wiretapping the Russian ambassador, and Flynn called him.

Then Flynn blatantly lied to the FBI about a call that he almost certainly knew was being monitored.

Maybe. We don't have a clue how they obtained the warrant. I am merely going on what has been reported. The fact that mueller has postponed sentencing tells me that the case is in trouble. There is no logical reason to ever postpone sentencing.

No warrant is needed to monitor foreign powers.

And I can think of many logical reasons for Mueller to postpone sentencing - for example, perhaps he's waiting to see how information given to him by Flynn plays out before he offers a sentence recommendation.

Sorry! That's unconstitutional.

What is "unconstitutional"?

Spying on foreign governments, or Mueller postponing sentencing?

Ah haaaa! What do we have here? I think reality has set in and Mueller is now realizing what a shit storm he's gotten himself into. Mark my words, Flynn is going to get his indictment tossed due to the corrupt FISA Warrant. Mueller realizes that now.

JUST IN=> Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn's Sentencing

I think you're a little behind the times. Flynn is well past the "indictment" phase - he's already plead guilty.

That's why they're talking about sentencing.

What happens if the guilty plea is not accepted by the judge because of some misconduct by the FBI brought out in the FISA memo?

It was already accepted.

What "misconduct" do you believe occurred?

Illegal FISA warrant.

Judges can change their mind if there is new evidence.

What law do you believe was broken in getting the FISA warrant?

What evidence involved in Flynn's lying to the FBI was obtained illegally?

Ever heard of Miranda Rights? We know Strzok was invited into Flynn's office not knowing he was being interviewed on a criminal matter and we know he didn't have counsel present. Even a dumbass like you should know he may not have been Mirandized.

Flynn wasn't under arrest when he was interviewed by the FBI. He wasn't a suspect, either. The only crime he's being charged with resulted directly from that interview, and obviously wasn't at play, at the time.

You don't get Mirandized if you're not under arrest.
Way to go moron...

Every investigator knows that if you want your findings to be admissible in court as evidence YOU MUST MIRANDIZE.. Only unsolicited statements are admissible without Miranda warning.

This is one of the reason they are going after the Mueller idiots.. They are pulling fallacious crap out of their ass.. The judge even recused himself from this case due to conflicts...

Last edited:
Not necessarily, but the possibility exists. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing how mueller got the evidence he used against flynn, but if it is tainted then flynn walks. Sadly so to will manafort, who really is a scumbag.
Please take a legal course. Something that explains how the criminal justice system works, because you are more clueless than Alicia Silverstone.

Flynn pleaded guilty, and gave a full allocution to the judge. And both Flynn and his lawyer signed the agreement where they would not appeal the guilty finding.

Allocution - Wikipedia

An allocution, or allocutus, is a formal statement made to the court by the defendant who has been found guilty prior to being sentenced. It is part of the criminal procedure in some jurisdictions using common law.

In plea bargains, an allocution may be required of the defendant. The defendant explicitly admits specifically and in detail the actions and their reasons in exchange for a reduced sentence.

In principle, that removes any doubt as to the exact nature of the defendant's guilt in the matter.

I'm an Officer of the Court , moron, and have been for longer than you've been alive. I suggest you take your own advice and do some research before you make an ass of yourself yet again.

Mueller got the evidence he used against Flynn because the FBI was wiretapping the Russian ambassador, and Flynn called him.

Then Flynn blatantly lied to the FBI about a call that he almost certainly knew was being monitored.

Maybe. We don't have a clue how they obtained the warrant. I am merely going on what has been reported. The fact that mueller has postponed sentencing tells me that the case is in trouble. There is no logical reason to ever postpone sentencing.

And I can think of many logical reasons for Mueller to postpone sentencing - for example, perhaps he's waiting to see how information given to him by Flynn plays out before he offers a sentence recommendation.

If there was a tap on trump tower there was a warrant. Period. How they obtained that warrant is probably what a good portion of that memo is all about.
No one other than Trump has claimed there was a tap on Trump Tower.

Yet!

The fact that the interview was granted under false pretenses might make him that reasonable person since he was being dry gulched by an obviously politically motivated interrogator. Remember, Strzok already knew Flynn had spoken to the Russian (which was perfectly legal) and he probably portrayed that event as a matter of espionage.
The better angle is poisonous tree. They obtained his guilty plea by presenting him with evidence they obtained based on a bullshit application for a FISA warrant. The only good evidence they have is his guilty plea. He can have that suppressed.

But, it's still not a slam dunk either way.
What warrant was used to obtain evidence that was presented to Flynn?

Ever heard of Miranda Rights? We know Strzok was invited into Flynn's office not knowing he was being interviewed on a criminal matter and we know he didn't have counsel present. Even a dumbass like you should know he may not have been Mirandized.

Flynn wasn't under arrest when he was interviewed by the FBI. He wasn't a suspect, either. The only crime he's being charged with resulted directly from that interview, and obviously wasn't at play, at the time.

Way to go moron...

Every investigator knows that if you want your findings to be admissible in court as evidence YOU MUST MIRANDIZE..

This is one of the reason they are going after the Mueller idiots.. They are pulling fallacious crap out of their ass.. The judge even recused himself from this case due to conflicts...

:lol:

Don't base your knowledge of the law on Law & Order.

To use statements made while under arrest against someone in court, they must be Mirandized.

Flynn was not under arrest when he lied to the FBI.

Yeah, I am sure Flynn was calling the Russian ambassador on a payphone in Jersey City, NJ!
Doesn't matter one bit. Even if they were tapping the Russian Ambassador (they were) they illegally reviewed a U.S. Person's conversation without a warrant. THAT is the issue.

Poisonous tree.

Can you tell me what law was broken by "reviewing a U.S. Person's conversation" without a warrant?

If there was a tap on trump tower there was a warrant. Period. How they obtained that warrant is probably what a good portion of that memo is all about.

What in the world makes you think there was a tap on "Trump Tower"?

Yeah, I am sure Flynn was calling the Russian ambassador on a payphone in Jersey City, NJ!

I think it's more likely that the tap was on the Russian ambassador's side of the call, don't you think?

If they got a FISA warrant based on fabricated information, everything they learned from getting that warrant is tainted.

If they presented that ill-gotten evidence to Flynn and he plead guilty based on it, the Court could overturn his conviction and suppress his guilty plea. A higher court could do the same.

If they got a FISA warrant based on fabricated information, everything they learned from getting that warrant is tainted.

If they presented that ill-gotten evidence to Flynn and he plead guilty based on it, the Court could overturn his conviction and suppress his guilty plea. A higher court could do the same.

This, in a general sense, is correct.

But there are a lot of "ifs" in there.

You didn't ask a question, fuckwit - you made a statement.

Are you going at least attempt to defend it, or just bloviate?

Ah I see....in your diminished capacity you don't feel obligated to reply to a statement unless it has a "?" on the end for you to sense there's a question in there someplace. What kind of "doctor" are you????? do you sew up Barbies at a doll hospital???? :badgrin:

Breaking News Reminder!

It was Strzok that interviewed Flynn without councel to assist him.

The judge that took the plea recused himself and if text messages show Flynn was set up could that be the reason for delay
BINGO....

Flynn's attorneys are stating that the FISA warrant was obtained illegally and thus information used to accuse him was illegally obtained. Everything they found with that information is now illegally obtained. They also denied his right to counsel.

Lots of awe shits are coming out...

Do you have a link to "Flynn's attorneys" stating that?

Or did you hear it from "secret sources"?
Now you idiots want named sources..??. but your unnamed sources are pristine and truthful....

I trust my sources in the intelligence community a hell of a lot more than your CNN pieces of crap.
You said Flynn's attorney's said what you claimed. Now you're running away from your own claims??

:lmao:

Fine, post a link to an unamed source claiming Flynn's attorneys "stating that the FISA warrant was obtained illegally and thus information used to accuse him was illegally obtained."

:dance:
I have run from nothing... I just exposed your lying hypocrisy.. You have no problem holding up your unnamed sources as the truth.. when someone else does it, that doesn't agree with your lies you get all tweeked up...:5_1_12024:
LOL

If you weren't running from your own claims, you'd back them up.

You didn't back up your claims for the simple reality that you can't back up your claims.

No one is asking you for a named source. Post a link to anyone (besides you) claiming Flynn's attorneys "stating that the FISA warrant was obtained illegally and thus information used to accuse him was illegally obtained."

You can't because you're an idiot who vomited nonsense on the forum about that which you know nothing of.

Not talking about that one. I am talking about the one that was being used against trump. The unmasking that was going on by the obama admin tells me they had a tap going on trump tower. Good luck justifying that one.

"The unmasking that was going on by the Obama admin tells me they had a tap going on Trump tower"

That sentence doesn't make sense. It looks like a pile of buzzwords without substance.

How would the "unmasking" tell you that Trump tower was tapped?

As for the surveillance that trapped Flynn in his lie - he was on the phone with the Russian Ambassador. It's a pretty safe bet that the target of the surveillance was the Russian, and not Flynn.
How about an illegally gotten tap on the phone? Actually, I would like to know what the conversation was exactly...mayne Flynn IS guilty.

It's not illegal to tap the Russian Ambassador's phone.

As for what they were talking about, it's been all over the news for a year now - and as for whether or not Flynn is guilty, he claims that he is, so why do you doubt him?

Like I said, I would like to know what he is guilty for. If it's trivial, or even illegal tactics used, Let him go. We have to have laws and the authorities have to abide by them. We are no better than a third world country if we allow illegal means used to get political enemies.

Flynn told the FBI that he had not talked to Ambassador Kislak about sanctions. The surveillence of Kislak, which picked up that phone call proved that he was lying.

Lying to the FBI is a crime, and the one that Flynn plead guilty to. There were no "illegal tactics" used, and no one forced Flynn to lie. It doesn't even really appear that he had reason to lie - but he did so anyway.

So how is Flynn being prosecuted from a wiretap on the Russian ambassador if he was not the target of the surveillance?

That would be like prosecuting someone for jaywalking when you can see him walking across the street on a traffic camera after he witnessed an armed robbery at a bank, and letting the bank robber go free!

Way to go moron...

Every investigator knows that if you want your findings to be admissible in court as evidence YOU MUST MIRANDIZE..

Don't base your knowledge of the law on Law & Order.

To use statements made while under arrest against someone in court, they must be Mirandized.

Flynn was not under arrest when he lied to the FBI.
You really are clueless..

Unsolicited statements are admissible without Miranda. Once you as a law enforcement officer asks a question, YOUR SOLICITING A STATEMENT.. and your stupid ass had better have Mirandized your suspect or its garbage.

Not when Flynn and his lawyer signed off that they waived all appeal rights. .

Wrong. If it is found that the DOJ and the FBI broke the law then flynns guilty plea is considered to have been made UNDER DURESS. Look it up. And I suggest you not use wiki or Law and Order reruns for your legal education.

Maybe you don't understand. No matter what happens Flynns and Papadopoulos' guilty pleadings are now etched in stone. Both the accused and their lawyers signed under penalty of perjury, that they waived all appeal rights.

There isn't a court they can go to to change the conviction.
Well that's not true. If Flynn could find proof the evidence used against him was illegally obtained, he could have his plea vacated. Flynn's problem, is that there is apparently no such evidence.

Well, somebody we know is holding up his sentencing for some unknown reason. Why is one more possible than the other?

Forum List

Back