Breaking: SCOTUS ends Affirmative Action in university race-based admissions

Whites are being punished when a white guy with a 3.8 and an SAT score of 1520 is rejected from Harvard and a black guy with a 3.5 and an SAT of 1150 gets in. The white was punished for his skin color.
Well is the black person being punished when his SAT score is 1520 and the white guy's is 1150 and he gets in.

Again.

Tell us how your joy in this is going to attract black voters…
As you apparently don't want to know, or you are willfully ignorant, the purpose of the Supreme Court is NOT to attract certain voters but to assure that our laws comply with our constitution.

I understand what she is saying, because of the simple fact that there has never been a merit based system in this country when it comes to folks of color.

That is not what she said. Besides it is total BS.

Join the military and you will find a merit based system in this country

Supreme Court rejects affirmative action in ruling on universities using race in admissions decisions​

Why don't universities just increase the size of their classes and raise their tuitions, in order to deal with the increased demand for a degree at their schools- instead of using Shady and Illegal rationing schemes?

If all of these students including the Affirmative Action cases are "qualified", wouldn't that be a better solution, to open up the admissions process to allow more to attend and to collect more in fees from those who respond to the invitation?

Well is the black person being punished when his SAT score is 1520 and the white guy's is 1150 and he gets in.
Yeah, put that in the category of “things that never happened.” A black with a 1520 will get offers from multiple Ivys and the white with an 1150 will end up at State U.

(Or rather, that’s how it USED to be before the SCOTUS put an end to racism in college admissions.)

What do southern Baptist democrats celebrating the Confederacy (160 years old and no longer even celebrated in vogue to the point of tearing down old commemorative statues and names) have to do with ending nearly a century of Affirmative Action social equity? I mean, if Blacks still need it after all this time, what does that say of the program's efficacy much less that of society? Not to mention what it implies about Blacks?

Hello?
0992m5tes19b1.jpg

So? It needs to be done away with.
I agree

We should have an admission policy based only on test scores from a universal admission test

But harvard is still a private school

It may not be able to discriminate based on skin color anymore but I think it can still show preferential treatment for legacy children

As you apparently don't want to know, or you are willfully ignorant, the purpose of the Supreme Court is NOT to attract certain voters but to assure that our laws comply with our constitution.
And Dobbs wasn’t designed to attract new voters but rather to placate the right wing base.

Both are going to cost you folks

I agree

We should have an admission policy based only on test scores from a universal admission test

But harvard is still a private school

It may not be able to discriminate based on skin color anymore but I think it can still show preferential treatment for legacy children
Which ignores legacy and sports admissions eh?

And Dobbs wasn’t designed to attract new voters but rather to placate the right wing base.

Both are going to cost you folks

Dobbs had nothing to do about "new voters" at all. It was about the plain law of the land.

How people respond to it, whether positive or negative, had nothing to do with the decision. The Supreme Court justices aren't subject to reelection.

Forum List

Back