Breaking: SCOTUS ends Affirmative Action in university race-based admissions

The supreme court restored racial discrimination today.

I'm just glad I have my degrees and am retired.
No they ELIMINATED it, but if it only applies to college admissions, the decision is far too weak. It should apply to everything that is written in the 1964 US Civil Rights Act.

Question 1 - why did it take 58 years to get rid of the racist abomination ?

Question 2 - why only college admissions ? What about job hiring, job promotions, college financial aid, business loans, financial aid in general ?

And if your degrees came to you by way of Affirmative Action, as you seem to be saying, then you NEVER HAVE HAD a degree, period.

Last edited:
This decision is long overdue. Now I hope the Supreme Court will rule against affirmative action in hiring decisions. Most hiring managers do not like to be pressured to hire unqualified Negroes.

I was in the airport yesterday and witnessed pilots between planes. I thought, "this is where you definitely don't want identity-specific admissions. How about just people who can....fly a plane?"

Liberals:

That is NOT to say black, brown, whatever people cannot fly planes. But the ONLY criteria should be: can you fly a plane?
They do put in many hours of study and simulators to basically ride in a plane that can fly itself better than any pilot can.

And again reversing any attempts made to bring down the racial tension.
Actually, it will REDUCE racial tension. As long as there is Affirmative Action, there WILL BE racial tension. Nothing produces racial tension more than racial inequality, and that's just what AA is.

Another grand accomplishment on the long list for Donald Trump.

It will kick off lawsuits. How can it be OK to factor in race when hiring airline pilots when the SCOTUS has ruled that considering race when “hiring” college students is a violation of the Equal Protection clause?
It certainly is a good start. Considering race instead of merit is frightening.

hCjQoupkUNZO.jpeg

Forum List

Back