BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Trump is entitled to some immunity in Jan. 6 case

No in the least.

Trump acting to further his campaign is not an "official act" per any reasonable person.

Trump failing to surrender classified documents when ordered to do was by a federal court after he left office and conspiring to evade the subpoena and retain the documents after he left office are not official acts because he wasn't President.

WW
Basically the SCOTUS has had it with Smith stepping all over the US constitution... its over....

1719848507592.jpeg

Good grief..you’d think for being a Supreme Court justice, she wouldn’t be so melodramatic..

Presidents have always been immune for official acts…this doesn’t clear the way for a president to assassinate their political opponent.

lol…drama much?

Why? Or how about simply jail?

Here is what this ruling would have allowed.

Biden could have arrested Trump under the argument that as president it's his official job to protect the elections of the country and that Trump was undermining them.

It's a states rights issue numbnuts 9th and 10 th amendment
Gently disagree. It's a constitutional issue that SCOTUS addressed. The constitution gives the elected representatives of the people the ONLY power to prosecute a President in his official duties. The House indicts; the Senate convicts and removes from office.

This ruling protects Bill Clinton from prosecution for Black Hawk down, protects George W. Bush from prosecution for invading Afghanistan and Iraq, protects Obama from prosecution for sending pallets of cash to Iran, protects Biden from prosecution for allowing an invasion into our country, etc. etc. etc.

It requires the lower courts to adjudicate whether a Presidential act is official or private. If they get it wrong it can still eventually be for the high court to decide but it should at face value stop most of this nonsense going on.

President Trump was quite happy with the ruling by the way. :)

The idea that a president has any sort of immunity exists nowhere. The justices just created it out of nothing.

Massive hypocrisy all around.
Haha what planet did you not believe there is sovereign immunity? It’s existed for 1000s of years.

Are you this stupid?

All officials? Or just the president?

Why? Per what text... anywhere?

This is invented out of thin air.

I don’t know about all officials…but it’s always been understood that presidents are immune from prosecution for official acts taken.

They wouldn’t be able to do their job if they were.

I don’t think there is a law or text specifically, but it’s always just been understood.

Again, this is in reference to official acts..not any and all crimes. Which is what I was getting at.

Haha what planet did you not believe there is sovereign immunity? It’s existed for 1000s of years.

Are you this stupid?

Whether it did or not the court had a chance to fix that here. I've already noted this. I hate when I have to repeat myself over and over.

There are no such protections in the Constitution.

Basically the SCOTUS has had it with Smith stepping all over the US constitution... its over....

Not in the least.

Now the case goes back to Judge Chutkin to address the questions about Trump's actions being official or not. I'm not blind enough to say that somethings won't be deemed official. Such as conversations with White House Attorney's, VP Pence, etc.

However communications with campaign staff, external campaign advisors, actions taken to support the campaign and overturning the election are not with the scope of duties of the President.

The GA election interference case, interfering with a State election is not within the scope of duties of the President.

Conspiring to usurp State Executive Authority be conspiring to submit fake electors to Congress is not within the scope of duties of the President.

Failure to surrender classified documents when ordered to do was by a federal court after he left office and conspiring to evade the subpoena and retain the documents after he left office are not official acts because he wasn't President.

But, please believe the criminal prosecution of Trump for his crimes is over.

WW

Oh, I forgot to ask. Could you point to the section in the Constitution where it says Presidents have immunity from criminal prosecution?

Thanks, I'd like to review it.

WW

Obama should have been prosecuted over many things. His actions got people killed in Mexico.
OK.

MEXICO: News of another U.S. gun-tracking program stirs ...​

1719848959476.png
Los Angeles Times
https://www.latimes.com › blogs › world-now › story

Oct 6, 2011 — Bush allowed guns to 'walk' across the border into Mexico during 2006 and 2007. Both undercover programs were intended to track guns bought ...
He completely dismissed the Constitutional rights of Al-Awlaki.
WTF?
Guess what?
Al-Awlaki was in a foreign country in a war zone.
Do you think the US Constitution follows you around the world?

Why? Or how about simply jail?

Here is what this ruling would have allowed.

Biden could have arrested Trump under the argument that as president it's his official job to protect the elections of the country and that Trump was undermining them.

If you think he could get away with that, then by all means, though if that were to happen, you’d essentially be legitimizing the alleged crimes that happened on J6

Forum List

Back