Breaking: Trump gets marching orders from NRA

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017
NRA warned Trump about support for background checks: Washington Post - CNNPolitics

Without instructions from Wayne LaPierre, Trump would have obviously said something to piss off the NRA. He was probably told that any support of gun control of any kind, would not go over well with the NRA.

So, we now know, in addition to Putin, where Trump gets his orders from. But not to worry, Republicans in Congress will straighten Trump out. Ops, my bad, they will be quiet as little church mice.

NRA warned Trump about support for background checks: Washington Post - CNNPolitics

Without instructions from Wayne LaPierre, Trump would have obviously said something to piss off the NRA. He was probably told that any support of gun control of any kind, would not go over well with the NRA.

So, we now know, in addition to Putin, where Trump gets his orders from. But not to worry, Republicans in Congress will straighten Trump out. Ops, my bad, they will be quiet as little church mice.

Interesting! And here I thought Trump was just Putin and Kim Jong Un's useful idiot. [laughing]

The pharmacy called. Your prescription of stupid pills has been refilled.

Your post should be deleted for personal attack without addressing the topic of the NRA's message to Trump. Let's see if these moderators here are up to the job or if they're like the Republican congress: partisan cowards.

Its not a marching order....so right off the bat its a phony thread....the NRA just like any other PAC will give presidents advise and suggestions daily when appropriate....nothing new here at all...

Your post should be deleted for personal attack without addressing the topic of the NRA's message to Trump. Let's see if these moderators here are up to the job or if they're like the Republican congress: partisan cowards.

That's all Astroglide has in his fanny-pack.

Even Ben Sasse has gone mum. About everything. Whereas he used to be more vocal about Trump's autocratic bullshit. Romney has gone silent too. Lotta' castratin' goin' on in the Republican congress.

This might be a stupid question, but why does Trump care what the NRA says? I thought he funded his own campaign? Is he beholden to the NRA? Won't his supporters continue to love him no matter what he does?

That's all Astroglide has in his fanny-pack.

My oh my, Mr. Wayne, you aren't man enough to challenge the O/P either? Or are you silently acknowledging that Trump has his face firmly planted inside LaPierre's fly when he doesn't have it planted inside Putin's????

This might be a stupid question, but why does Trump care what the NRA says? I thought he funded his own campaign? Is he beholden to the NRA? Won't his supporters continue to love him no matter what he does?

Wayne LaPierre et al. are warning Trump that he will erode his beloved base if he encourages any kind of regulation on guns and background checks.

you should have read more than the headline.

Cool. They are doing their job.

No, they are not. The NRA was originally founded as a social organization to teach gun safety.
Not as a lobbying firm to boost weapon sales when gun manufacturers don't have a war to cater to.

Sorry you got triggered.
You seem very discerning (no, not really) but my email inferred that anyone claiming that Trump is doing whatever the NRA wants is foolish and the claim is totally devoid of substance.

Let someone first demonstrate how Trump is doing the exact bidding of the NRA and then I'll specifically address the specious claim that they, the NRA, tell him what to do.

Red flag laws are thought of by the NRA base as anti Constitutional and the start of a slippery slope.
And the same goes for your Putin, Kim Jong Un bullshit too.

Wayne LaPierre et al. are warning Trump that he will erode his beloved base if he encourages any kind of regulation on guns and background checks.
Hmmmmm.....
Hey! Wouldn't it be great if Trump insisted on background checks and his supporters, who defend him for all his horseshit, actually defended him on this, too?
That would be awesome.

No, they are not. The NRA was originally founded as a social organization to teach gun safety.
Not as a lobbying firm to boost weapon sales when gun manufacturers don't have a war to cater to.
Yet that is what they are now, and there's no sense wishing we were dealing with the "old" NRA. We aren't.
The gun manufacturers injected much welcome money into the NRA's coffers. Now, like any politicians anywhere, they sing the gun manufacturers' song.

The only power the NRA has is its millions of members who vote and contact the politicians.

That's it.

It isn't some evil citadel in Fairfax that dictates policies to millions of bots and drones.

The NRA could shut its doors forever, Wayne LaPierre could disappear from the face of the earth without a trace or an explanation, but the people still would object if politicians tried to strip our rights.

Libs think that if they can destroy the NRA, the objections to gun control would somehow disappear. That is a load of shit of course. The NRA is effective because it reflects the values of the people, not because it inflicts its own values upon the people.

They remind me of the ACLU except for protecting different rights.
Of course, idc for the NRA really. They are too weak. Our 2nd amendment is clear.

Forum List

Back