Breaking: Two Police Officers Shot Outside Ferguson Police Department

My firearm knowledge comes from many years of shooting, hunting, owning guns, and using different size and cal. of bullets. I have owned and shot 30.06, .270., 7 X 57 Mausers, .22, 12, 20, 16, and 410 shot guns, .308, 9mm pistols, 38 pistols, and 45 pistols. I presently have ( 2 ) 7mm Mausers and one .270 rifle. I started shooting when I was 6 or 7 years old. I have hunted all of my life, and continue to do so. I have shot at targets, animals, and mistletoe hanging in trees. Anything else you'd like to know? Oh, and I forgot an M1 while serving in the Marine Corps.
Ironic that you almost forgot the M1. Because that is exactly what it sounded like. So I was off by .08, shoot me. ah, wait...

The media is reporting that the shots are believed to be from a handgun, not a rifle.

He said officers had seen muzzle flashes, and later found shell casings that might have been from the shooting. Based on the sound of the shots and the officers’ wounds, he said, the weapon was a handgun, not a rifle.

I took a peek at Chuck Hawks handgun max point black range chart, and it is definitely possible...Handgun Trajectory Table

OK, theoretically it is possible, maybe. From the article the witnesses say 220 yards, Chief Belmar estimates 125 yards. The officers were standing side by side so the grouping was less than 3 feet. Shots were fired rapidly. Here is a video of a pistol hitting a target at 125 yards. Full daylight, with time to readjust, and no distractions. Theoretically possible? Yes. Realistic? Probably not.

Anyone who can hit with a pistol at that range knows their shit.
If they'd hit once I'd call it luck,but two hits tells me he's an accomplished shooter or he should play the lotto tonight.

A line of riot control cops is a big wide target. No challenge to just fire into the mass of cops and hit somebody. We can't form a line like the British do, we need to be more tactical, spread out. I think that riot SOPs are being rewritten as we speak.

Maybe,but getting the drop right would still be difficult at that range for an amateur.
Most rookies would put the sights right on the target,if they were aiming for center mass they'd be hitting em in the balls with an average drop of 1 ft at 100 yards.
But I guess any moron can get online and figure that out so who knows.

Big open question is how much Al Sharpton's hate group will pick up in contributions from this opportunity.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. The police force should look like and live in the same town they police.
And aall the kids in schools should look like the ones in their neighborhoods (bussing). All the patrons at a diner should look the same (Jim Crow). All the people using a certain water fountain should look the same and not be able to use anyone elses (Jim Crow).

It looks like the party of racism (democrats) is finally letting it's roots show again.

Good eye... You hit the nail on the head, brother.
Dems really haven't changed at all since the Jim Crow days. All that changed is which voting block they will play against another. Racism is a basic tenant of liberalism. Without racism you don't have any names to call people and therefore no argument to make.

Camp and Assleper should get together.

:wine:

That WOULD BE divine retribution!!!

Greg

My firearm knowledge comes from many years of shooting, hunting, owning guns, and using different size and cal. of bullets. I have owned and shot 30.06, .270., 7 X 57 Mausers, .22, 12, 20, 16, and 410 shot guns, .308, 9mm pistols, 38 pistols, and 45 pistols. I presently have ( 2 ) 7mm Mausers and one .270 rifle. I started shooting when I was 6 or 7 years old. I have hunted all of my life, and continue to do so. I have shot at targets, animals, and mistletoe hanging in trees. Anything else you'd like to know? Oh, and I forgot an M1 while serving in the Marine Corps.
Ironic that you almost forgot the M1. Because that is exactly what it sounded like. So I was off by .08, shoot me. ah, wait...

The media is reporting that the shots are believed to be from a handgun, not a rifle.

He said officers had seen muzzle flashes, and later found shell casings that might have been from the shooting. Based on the sound of the shots and the officers’ wounds, he said, the weapon was a handgun, not a rifle.

I took a peek at Chuck Hawks handgun max point black range chart, and it is definitely possible...Handgun Trajectory Table

OK, theoretically it is possible, maybe. From the article the witnesses say 220 yards, Chief Belmar estimates 125 yards. The officers were standing side by side so the grouping was less than 3 feet. Shots were fired rapidly. Here is a video of a pistol hitting a target at 125 yards. Full daylight, with time to readjust, and no distractions. Theoretically possible? Yes. Realistic? Probably not.

That's what I would think as well...and I've tried it. Not a man sized target, but a roughly 3'x3' target @ 100 yards, with both a 9mm and .22lr...and I get on paper with 15 well aimed shots of 124 grain 9mm from a compact frame. The 22 didn't surprise me. I hunt regularly with a 22 rifle, so I know they drop off POA rapidly beyond 75 yard. From my 2" snubby, that was an exercise in futility.

So what do you think of my M1 theory? If the shooter was indeed a professional then dropping a few 9 mm casings on the ground is very possible. I do not want to get into conspiracy here but an amateur with a .22 Short is not an option.

Awfully hard to conceal. My money's on a 9mm or 45acp carbine like this one:

300px-Hp995carbine22.jpg

Hi-Point Carbine - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No, I can't. I'm not very good with a pistol anymore. I was at one time back when I was in the Marine Corps. In the Marine Corps, I qualified as a Sharp Shooter with a 45 cal. But, I'm older and don't shoot pistols much anymore. But, with a rifle, that's a different story. I can hold my own with a rifle. I have three rifles and two of them are very accurate, even with me shooting them and I'm 67 years young. You don't know as much as you think you know. At. least where I'm concerned. You know absolutely nothing about me, nor what I've done or haven't, nor what I know and don't know. But, go ahead with your childish personal attacks if it makes your day. Your age?

Off topic: Thank you for your service. My Uncle was a sharp shooter in the Marines as well and did four tours to Nam. He's your age.

Anyone who can hit with a pistol at that range knows their shit.
If they'd hit once I'd call it luck,but two hits tells me he's an accomplished shooter or he should play the lotto tonight.

I agree, 2 hits from 3 shots @ 125 yards. How about a Hi-point like 9mm carbine?

Could be,but thats not really a gun you'd expect a gangster type to own.
As was mentioned the shooter didnt have to aim left right only for elevation if the cops were in a line.
With a rookie shooter the tendency to hit low anticipating recoil is usually the problem so you'd think they'd hit the officer in the foot if anything.

Race relations have become far worse since the Obama administration. That has been the greatest of his failures.

And there's no observer more tuned in to what's going on in U.S. race relations than a poster who lives in ... central Europe.

based on his posts and your posts, he is more intuned than you are. Either that or you are nothing but a disengenuous partisan asshole.

I'm in North Carolina. That's one of the 57 states.
Where is the Czech Republic then?

I shifted blame where it belongs. The racist PD.

At least you admit that you're a hypocrite.
I never called you a hypocrite. I just placed blame on the responsible party.

It's not the shooter's crime but that of the victim's?? How stupid!!

Greg
No. Whats stupid is blaming this on Holder when the culprit is the racist PD.

The CULPRIT is the shooter; the Holder report is a slander. I would like to see that go to court. I would like the shooter brought to justice. Now what part of "peaceful protest" don't you get...apart from the peaceful bit!!

Greg

Its a known fact that whites are allowed to skate when committing crimes that blacks get fined or locked up for. That #crimingwhilewhite hash tag put out by the younger generation of whites pretty much exposed what Blacks have known for years.

A known fact where? Mother Jones and MSNBC?

Maybe the cops should consider halting their shakedowns, robberies and extortion of citizens in Ferguson. Perhaps they could replace the judge and other officials that are being forced into retirement and fired with officials that are not criminals and thugs. It sucks that the 2nd Amendment is being used by blacks against white racist government officials.
You asshole. What did those cops do to get shot? Cheering the cop killers on? Fuck you and die very, very soon.

Camp's only quoting(sorta) Holder. The "die soon" bit is a tad harsh. lol

Greg
Actually it doesn't go far enough. I'm down on my knees praying something very big and heavy drops on top of him. People who cheer on cop killers are worse than scum.
People that cheer on cops are ignorant, blind, and void of any reasoning. The damage they do is ridiculous. Their mentality is that of barbaric animalistic social misfits. The brutality, rape, child molestation, spousal abuse, stealing, lying in court, lying to cover for each other, taking bribes from pimps and drug dealers, slaughtering family pets that haven't harm anyone, writing BS quota tickets, ganging up on individuals already handcuffed and on the ground, and other shameful acts should be punished, but rarely are. How many cops are in our prison system? How many cops are tried and convicted for the same offenses they arrest others for? How many cops get a free pass in our judicial system? How many have murdered someone in cold blood and walked free? How many $Millions have been paid to settle cases where cops over-stepped the legal bounds?

You cop defenders should read more and do more research before placing a halo on their heads and worshipping them. It's well known and well documented concerning their brutality, and abuse of power and authority. Many videos have surfaced that verify unnecessary force and assault where none was called for. Dragging old ladies out of cars, shooting 12 year old kids playing the park, breaking into the wrong house and killing a 92 year old woman in her own home, and many more stories made public. Obviously, some of you haven't done your homework, either just turn a blind eye to what's really going on in this country, especially on Main Street America.

It's common knowledge that in our courts, judges take the word of a cop over anyone else. To our judicial system, a cop's word is gospel and not to be disputed. It takes a ton of money to defend yourself against what a cop claims you've done. And, chances are, the cop is guilty of doing the same things that he's out arresting others for doing. Cops aren't saints, they do their share of dirt. And, with more and more people armed with cell phones, posting pictures on the internet, we get to see exactly the mentality and actions of members of law enforcement. Yet, cops want respect and for us to look up to them as good public servants helping people and protecting. People earn respect, it's not given just because someone happens to have a badge and a gun. Cops have brought the disrespect on themselves. In addition, if there are so called good cops, why are they not policing their own profession?

Last edited:
Shep on Fox just said the bullet lodged behind the ear of the officer shot in the head.
That would indicate a pistol at that range.

Assuming of course it didnt go all the way through his head before stopping on the other side.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back