BREAKING: White Marine Vet To Be Charged In Death of Jordan Neely

You need to read this again. I bolded the most important part. Did you miss the DUTY TO RETREAT?

Article 35 of the New York Penal Law outlines when an individual is justified in using physical force in self-defense, or in the defense of others. Under the statute, a person can use the amount of physical force they reasonably believe is necessary to defend themselves or others from what they reasonably believe to be the illegal imminent use of force or the illegal use of force.
There are only certain circumstances under which a person can assert the justification of self-defense in cases involving deadly force. Since New York imposes a duty to retreat,
it is only permissible to use deadly physical force when there is no other option.
Situations where deadly force can be used in self-defense include circumstances involving:
Kidnapping
Forcible rape
Robbery
Arson
Burglary
how can people retreat when the are locked in a subway car with someone going insane ?

"There was no violent crime though," retorted political analyst Jason Nichols, to which Pellegrino replied, "He was threatening people."

"No, but there was no violent crime," Nichols said. "He didn't attack anyone. Violent crime means someone was attacked. Nobody was attacked. If someone looks at me wrong or screams at me, should I kill them? Should I choke them to death? Should I come up behind them and put them in a rear naked choke?"

when Neely was saying he would kill a MF who was he talking to ? who was the the threat implied at ? simple the people locked in a subway car with him ... or was said MFr someone 50 miles away at the time ?

"There was no violent crime though," retorted political analyst Jason Nichols, to which Pellegrino replied, "He was threatening people."

"No, but there was no violent crime," Nichols said. "He didn't attack anyone. Violent crime means someone was attacked. Nobody was attacked. If someone looks at me wrong or screams at me, should I kill them? Should I choke them to death? Should I come up behind them and put them in a rear naked choke?"

if they are threatening you then you are allowed to defend yourself .

You need to remind yourself who you are dealing with here! I am a liberal! Do you hear me talkin' hillbilly boy? I am a liberal! So watch how you talk to me!
1684091554688.jpeg

how can people retreat when the are locked in a subway car with someone going insane ?
A fair point. From the accounts we have so far, Neely was the aggressor and making threats. With his apparent mental illness as a contributing factor, his 42 prior arrests without consequence wouldn’t lead him to believe anything he did would result in any downside.

Hey, why no response from this one?

Your posts convey ZERO sympathy for the dead man.
There is no way to buy yourself out of white guilt.

I know your reply was for someone else, but why does ANYONE need to convey sympathy for a criminal that was allegedly attempting to push someone onto the subway tracks just the day before?

I know your reply was for someone else, but why does ANYONE need to convey sympathy for a criminal that was allegedly attempting to push someone onto the subway tracks just the day before?
All I ask is the accused face a jury and a verdict is delivered.

Forum List

Back