Bribery is a loser

If Trump and his crew didnā€™t lie then there wouldnā€™t have been an investigation. The lies are what caused it. The lies are what makes the contacts collusion. Collusion is not a crime unless conspiracy can be proven. Schiff has publicly outlined the ā€œevidenceā€ he was referring to several times. He was talking about the Trump tower meeting that Don Jr, Manafort and Kushner took on the premise of getting dirt on Clintonā€™s and the subsequent lies and cover up surrounding the meet.

He was talking about back channel communications that Kushner tried to set up with the Russians. Stone reaching out to Guccifer and WikiLeaks who had a drip campaign exposing stolen DNC emails. Heā€™s talking about Flynn lying about meeting with the Russian ambassador to undermine sanctions...

These are all verified facts without hyperbole or exaggeration. You canā€™t credibly dispute any of them. They all show collusion. The link to conspiracy and coordination with the crimes that the Russian committed was not found so Mueller did not recommend prosecution. You can say that but you canā€™t say all that stuff did not happen. Be honest for a change.

So let me get this straight...you're claiming that collusion is a verified fact...but because there is no conspiracy and coordination with the crimes that the Russian committed, Mueller didn't recommend prosecution? If you can't show conspiracy or coordination then you haven't shown collusion! THAT is why Mueller didn't recommend prosecution...BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FIND ANY EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION BETWEEN THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT AND THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN!!!

Do you not grasp that very simple concept? Do you not understand that's why the Democrats looking for something to impeach Trump with moved on to "extortion" and "bribery" in the Ukraine? Do you also not understand that they've totally failed to prove that as well?
you must have missed the months of ā€œCollusion is not a crimeā€ talking point used by Trump and crew.... here catch up.

Donald Trump: ā€˜Collusion is not a crimeā€™

Giuliani: ā€˜Collusion is not a crimeā€™

Collusion isn't a crime. Kind of makes you wonder why Democrats spent two years and millions of tax payer dollars failing to prove that Trump did something that's not illegal in the first place...doesn't it, Slade? (eye roll)
Democrats? It was Trumps DOJ and Republicans that hired and paid Mueller. Youā€™re pointing the finger in the wrong direction with that one.

As for your point. The collusion, the secret meetings, the shady behavior and the LIES are the reasons why there was an investigation. Back to my original point, if a Trump and gang didnā€™t lie so much none of this would have ever happened. You keep skipping over that.

Collusion, secret meetings, shady behavior and lies? Have we started talking about the Clinton campaign, Slade?
sure, Clinton had a bunch for that stuff going on too which is why she was almost as unpopular as Trump. Which is why she was investigated by the FBI and by congress when she was SoS. But why do you keep trying to change the subject? You do acknowledge that Trump and Co. did all the stuff I laid out. Correct?
I take it you just donā€™t care

i give you a cookie for being honest but man, that is such a lame way to be. You pretty much discredit all your critiques on the left when you say you donā€™t give a shit what Trump does or says. That means it doesnā€™t matter what Schiff does or says either. As long as he is progressing the agenda of the left then technically he is doing a good job for them by your standards. So you should probably cut the Hypocrisy, right?

I specifically said that what I care about is what Trump DOES...not what he says! It's how I judge politicians and most people. I could care less what they say they're going to do...the only thing that really counts is what they actually do.

What agenda of the left is it that Schiff is advancing that improves my life? For that matter what Democratic agenda improves my life? Keeping the border open so that more illegal immigrants can come and over burden our society? Imposing healthcare for all that my taxes will have to increase dramatically to pay for? Signing us up for the Paris Accords again which will knee cap our businesses while allowing the Chinese to continue to pollute for another twenty years all the while giving them an even bigger cost advantage over us? Piling more political correctness on top of political correctness until we've lost our sense of humor about life in general because a few people might be offended?

When I say I won't be voting for any of the Democrats running...it isn't because I "worship" at the Trump altar or I'm some knee jerk right wing ideologue! I make that decision solely on what each side offers. To be blunt, Slade...I don't like what the Democratic Party offers me. I don't like it at all.
im just gonna stop at the first lie and Not read anymore. Open borders is not part of the democrat agenda. Obama deported a record amount of undocumented and funded border security. Be honest and Iā€™ll read what you write. Keep lying and youā€™ll just be wasting your time.

The American people overwhelmingly want secure borders. So who's holding that up, Slade? It's not the Republicans. It's the Democrats. They've been in favor of a porous Southern border since before Reagan was in office and they've been working hard to keep it porous for the past forty years.
The left stands up for the poor and for human rights and you distort that into open borders. Itā€™s a straight up lie. Obama balanced border security and mass deportations with the values of his party around human rights. Itā€™s call pragmatism. You Demagoguing the topic by calling it open borders isnā€™t fooling anybody with a brain.

Oh, bullshit! You liberals don't want a secure border because you see a massive influx of Hispanics as your ticket to political power! At least have the stones to admit what it is that you're doing! Claiming it's about "human rights" is a load of crap! You didn't care when women and children in the caravans were raped and molested on their way to the border! You only "cared" about them when they were at the border and were overwhelming our immigration services!
"You liberals don't want a secure border because you see a massive influx of Hispanics as your ticket to political power!"

Lying con tool, Hispanics illegally crossing the border offer no political power.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

what are you talking about? First off it makes zero difference what Mueller actually wrote. From the sound of his testimony itā€™s probably better if he didnā€™t actually write the words. Second and most importantly, FBI Director Wray and now the IG who just Iā€™m estimated the origins of the investigation both confirmed itā€™s validity. You can just dismiss it as a hoax like Donny is trying to get you to do. Thatā€™s not a serious or realistic argument. Do better

What's amazing is that there's anyone out there who's STILL trying to claim that Trump colluded with the Russians to win that election! Mueller spent two years looking and found nothing. CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and the Washington Post sent every investigative reporter they have to find the "goods" on collusion and they came up as empty as Mueller did! Adam Schiff stated that he had iron clad proof of collusion but then never produced it.

Russian collusion was never a "hoax", Slade...it was always a blatant attempt to smear Donald Trump while at the same time excusing Hillary Clinton's loss as a political dirty trick pulled off by the right! Which is REALLY ironic since it was the Democrats and Hillary who employed dirty trick after dirty trick!
If Trump and his crew didnā€™t lie then there wouldnā€™t have been an investigation. The lies are what caused it. The lies are what makes the contacts collusion. Collusion is not a crime unless conspiracy can be proven. Schiff has publicly outlined the ā€œevidenceā€ he was referring to several times. He was talking about the Trump tower meeting that Don Jr, Manafort and Kushner took on the premise of getting dirt on Clintonā€™s and the subsequent lies and cover up surrounding the meet.

He was talking about back channel communications that Kushner tried to set up with the Russians. Stone reaching out to Guccifer and WikiLeaks who had a drip campaign exposing stolen DNC emails. Heā€™s talking about Flynn lying about meeting with the Russian ambassador to undermine sanctions...

These are all verified facts without hyperbole or exaggeration. You canā€™t credibly dispute any of them. They all show collusion. The link to conspiracy and coordination with the crimes that the Russian committed was not found so Mueller did not recommend prosecution. You can say that but you canā€™t say all that stuff did not happen. Be honest for a change.

So let me get this straight...you're claiming that collusion is a verified fact...but because there is no conspiracy and coordination with the crimes that the Russian committed, Mueller didn't recommend prosecution? If you can't show conspiracy or coordination then you haven't shown collusion! THAT is why Mueller didn't recommend prosecution...BECAUSE HE DIDN'T FIND ANY EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION BETWEEN THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT AND THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN!!!

Do you not grasp that very simple concept? Do you not understand that's why the Democrats looking for something to impeach Trump with moved on to "extortion" and "bribery" in the Ukraine? Do you also not understand that they've totally failed to prove that as well?
you must have missed the months of ā€œCollusion is not a crimeā€ talking point used by Trump and crew.... here catch up.

Donald Trump: ā€˜Collusion is not a crimeā€™

Giuliani: ā€˜Collusion is not a crimeā€™

Collusion isn't a crime. Kind of makes you wonder why Democrats spent two years and millions of tax payer dollars failing to prove that Trump did something that's not illegal in the first place...doesn't it, Slade? (eye roll)
Lying con tool, Democrats did not spend two years and millions of dollars on that.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

The American people overwhelmingly want secure borders. So who's holding that up, Slade? It's not the Republicans. It's the Democrats. They've been in favor of a porous Southern border since before Reagan was in office and they've been working hard to keep it porous for the past forty years.
The left stands up for the poor and for human rights and you distort that into open borders. Itā€™s a straight up lie. Obama balanced border security and mass deportations with the values of his party around human rights. Itā€™s call pragmatism. You Demagoguing the topic by calling it open borders isnā€™t fooling anybody with a brain.

Oh, bullshit! You liberals don't want a secure border because you see a massive influx of Hispanics as your ticket to political power! At least have the stones to admit what it is that you're doing! Claiming it's about "human rights" is a load of crap! You didn't care when women and children in the caravans were raped and molested on their way to the border! You only "cared" about them when they were at the border and were overwhelming our immigration services!
Iā€™m not a democrat. This next election will likely be the first time I actually vote for a democrat. I have no interest in ā€œimporting Hispanics for votesā€ that is such a lame talking point. Dig deep and find something else because you are way off the mark

You don't think the far left wing of the Democratic Party are counting on Hispanics as their means to power, Slade? It's rather obvious that they are. What I'm bemused by is that I think they misjudge Hispanics when it comes to their politics. Most are deeply religious and most are hard working and ambitious. As they become successful because of America's free market economy, my belief is that more and more of them will see the GOP as being more representative of them than the Democrats who have become the Party of handouts and religious intolerance.
i donā€™t really care about what the far left wing of the democrat party believes. Thatā€™s a cop out. Youā€™re talking to me. Diverting to what some wing nuts believe In the middle of our debate is a cheap tactic. Do better
It might BE a cop out if the far left wasn't running the Democratic Party, Slade...but they ARE! The Democrats have veered SHARPLY to the left and what would have been considered the "wing nut" part of the Party are now the ones in charge!

I specifically said that what I care about is what Trump DOES...not what he says! It's how I judge politicians and most people. I could care less what they say they're going to do...the only thing that really counts is what they actually do.

What agenda of the left is it that Schiff is advancing that improves my life? For that matter what Democratic agenda improves my life? Keeping the border open so that more illegal immigrants can come and over burden our society? Imposing healthcare for all that my taxes will have to increase dramatically to pay for? Signing us up for the Paris Accords again which will knee cap our businesses while allowing the Chinese to continue to pollute for another twenty years all the while giving them an even bigger cost advantage over us? Piling more political correctness on top of political correctness until we've lost our sense of humor about life in general because a few people might be offended?

When I say I won't be voting for any of the Democrats running...it isn't because I "worship" at the Trump altar or I'm some knee jerk right wing ideologue! I make that decision solely on what each side offers. To be blunt, Slade...I don't like what the Democratic Party offers me. I don't like it at all.
im just gonna stop at the first lie and Not read anymore. Open borders is not part of the democrat agenda. Obama deported a record amount of undocumented and funded border security. Be honest and Iā€™ll read what you write. Keep lying and youā€™ll just be wasting your time.

"You liberals don't want a secure border because you see a massive influx of Hispanics as your ticket to political power!"

Lying con tool, Hispanics illegally crossing the border offer no political power.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Well let's see...according to the latest Pew Research Center report over 5 million children under the age of 18 were born here to illegal immigrant parents and currently reside in the US. According to the 14th Amendment of the Constitution...every one of those 5 million will be eligible to vote once they reach the age of 18. 5 million potential votes doesn't offer political power? You're as clueless as always, Faun!

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that Iā€™d happily like to see reformed, but thatā€™s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Letā€™s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
An article of impeachment sighting bribery would not meet the federal legal definition of bribery. However, keep in mind the term bribery does not necessary have to refer to a legal statue. Another definition of bribery is to influence the judgment or conduct of (someone) with or as if with offers of money or favor. I think that this is what Pelosi was referring to. Offering a visit with the president and releasing a hold on military aid for the favor of opening an investigation targeting Biden could certainly be considered a bribe but not a violation of federal statue.

However, articles of impeachment do not necessary have to call out violations of the law but simply bad conduct. The founders believed that public officials should be held to a higher standard than the general public; that is, it is not enough for a public offical to operate just within the bounds of the law but should conduct themselves in a manner becoming the office. One article in Andrew Johnson's impeachment was offensive, horrendous language toward the congress.

Last edited:

Iā€™m not a democrat. This next election will likely be the first time I actually vote for a democrat. I have no interest in ā€œimporting Hispanics for votesā€ that is such a lame talking point. Dig deep and find something else because you are way off the mark

You don't think the far left wing of the Democratic Party are counting on Hispanics as their means to power, Slade? It's rather obvious that they are. What I'm bemused by is that I think they misjudge Hispanics when it comes to their politics. Most are deeply religious and most are hard working and ambitious. As they become successful because of America's free market economy, my belief is that more and more of them will see the GOP as being more representative of them than the Democrats who have become the Party of handouts and religious intolerance.
i donā€™t really care about what the far left wing of the democrat party believes. Thatā€™s a cop out. Youā€™re talking to me. Diverting to what some wing nuts believe In the middle of our debate is a cheap tactic. Do better
It might BE a cop out if the far left wasn't running the Democratic Party, Slade...but they ARE! The Democrats have veered SHARPLY to the left and what would have been considered the "wing nut" part of the Party are now the ones in charge!
i understand why you think that if all you watch is right wing propaganda. Itā€™s convenient to take the extremes and define the whole party by that. But letā€™s just look at reality. Obama was the last democrat leader and he didnā€™t go after any of the kookie stuff you think he taken over the party. The current front runner for the Dems is Obamaā€™s VP And one of the most moderate candidates. So this whole take over narrative your pushing is crap.

i understand why you think that if all you watch is right wing propaganda. Itā€™s convenient to take the extremes and define the whole party by that. But letā€™s just look at reality. Obama was the last democrat leader and he didnā€™t go after any of the kookie stuff you think he taken over the party. The current front runner for the Dems is Obamaā€™s VP And one of the most moderate candidates. So this whole take over narrative your pushing is crap.

Obama's agenda was halted by the voters in the first mid-term, Slate! He'd already passed ObamaCare and the next thing up on his wish list was Cap & Trade legislation. He nominated two far left Supreme Court Justices. He waged a war on Big Oil and Big Coal. He signed the Paris Accord. He signed that joke of a treaty with Iran. As much as you'd LIKE to paint Obama as a moderate...he was anything but!

As for Biden? He's no longer the front runner. The only reason he ever was in the first place is that the other choices were ALL so far to the left that it made "Ole Hair Plugs" look like a sane choice but he's a walking, talking, gaffe machine that's NEVER been able to refrain from saying something so incredibly stupid that people remember what an idiot he's always been!

Obama's agenda was halted by the voters in the first mid-term, Slate! He'd already passed ObamaCare and the next thing up on his wish list was Cap & Trade legislation. He nominated two far left Supreme Court Justices. He waged a war on Big Oil and Big Coal. He signed the Paris Accord. He signed that joke of a treaty with Iran. As much as you'd LIKE to paint Obama as a moderate...he was anything but!

As for Biden? He's no longer the front runner. The only reason he ever was in the first place is that the other choices were ALL so far to the left that it made "Ole Hair Plugs" look like a sane choice but he's a walking, talking, gaffe machine that's NEVER been able to refrain from saying something so incredibly stupid that people remember what an idiot he's always been!
You paint Obama as a crazy leftie yet nothing you listed is even close to what the Warren/sanders tribe is running on. So while he may not be a conservative, he is definitely a moderate when it comes to democratic politics.

Also, Biden is the clear front runner. Get your facts straight....
RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination

You paint Obama as a crazy leftie yet nothing you listed is even close to what the Warren/sanders tribe is running on. So while he may not be a conservative, he is definitely a moderate when it comes to democratic politics.

Biden's numbers will go down as soon as a bunch of the far left candidates start dropping out! Joe's not going to pull votes from those candidates! He's a moderate, old, not very bright, white guy who's been a Washington insider for the past 40 years! He's NOT what the Democratic Party is looking for and never was. Biden is where he is in the polls because he has name recognition...that's it. Call him the front runner if you want to embarrass yourself when he's dropping out of the race in four months because he's run out of money. He's going to get knee capped by other Democrats...not Trump! They'll use his Ukrainian scandal against him while they blame Trump for calling for an investigation.

As for Obama? He wasn't crazy. He was far left. The Democrats have gone much farther left with this slate of candidates.

Biden's numbers will go down as soon as a bunch of the far left candidates start dropping out! Joe's not going to pull votes from those candidates! He's a moderate, old, not very bright, white guy who's been a Washington insider for the past 40 years! He's NOT what the Democratic Party is looking for and never was. Biden is where he is in the polls because he has name recognition...that's it. Call him the front runner if you want to embarrass yourself when he's dropping out of the race in four months because he's run out of money. He's going to get knee capped by other Democrats...not Trump! They'll use his Ukrainian scandal against him while they blame Trump for calling for an investigation.

As for Obama? He wasn't crazy. He was far left. The Democrats have gone much farther left with this slate of candidates.
Democrats like republicans will support the party's candidate regardless of whether it's Biden, Warren, or Sanders. To do otherwise means Donald Trump for another 4 years.

Trump job approval among democrats is currently 4%, down from 13% when he took office. His job approval among independents is currently 38%, down from 43% when he took office. His job approval rating among republicans is 90%, essentially unchanged from when he took office.
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

Last edited:

I donā€™t put a lot of weight in poll numbers but since youā€™re talking about them you might as well be informed and accurate. The most recent polls show Biden on top and Mayor Pete in second.... That two moderates at the top and the far left candidates slipping. Time to change your theory

I donā€™t put a lot of weight in poll numbers but since youā€™re talking about them you might as well be informed and accurate. The most recent polls show Biden on top and Mayor Pete in second.... That two moderates at the top and the far left candidates slipping. Time to change your theory
I believe poll numbers are most valuable when looking at the differences when comparing the same poll over different time periods.

With all due respect, Slade...go back and look at who was leading in the polls a year before elections and then look at how those leaders finished in that race!
You've still got an overloaded slate of candidates 2/3rds of which won't be there by Spring.

Democrats like republicans will support the party's candidate regardless of whether it's Biden, Warren, or Sanders. To do otherwise means Donald Trump for another 4 years.

Trump job approval among democrats is currently 4%, down from 13% when he took office. His job approval among independents is currently 38%, down from 43% when he took office. His job approval rating among republicans is 90%, essentially unchanged from when he took office.
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

You think blue collar workers are going support a Democratic candidate that's going to put them out of work again? They voted for Trump over Clinton in the last election because they don't think the Democrats care about them anymore.

LOL...I'll talk about this topic until the cows come home, Faun! I can name the economic policies that Trump has instituted to boost the economy and create jobs. You on the other hand can't come up with even ONE Obama economic policy that created jobs.

Since you seem determined to continue to embarrass yourself...by all means...show me an Obama economic policy that created jobs.
Who said you can't discuss it? You're making my point by doing so. You gave credit to Trump for record low unemployment rates. I pointed out they were already near record lows, and dropping, when he became president. You have no argument against that so now you're trying to make the topic ne about Obama doesn't get credit for that. But that fails you because whatever caused unemployment to drop for 7 years before Trump doesn't alter the reality that it did. If you don't want to give credit to Obama for unemployment rates to be near record lows by the time he left, that's fine. Thst still doesn't alter the reality they were near record lows when he left. That still doesn't alter the reality they were dropping when he left. Trump gets credit for what he did in office, but we are at record lows with some aspects of unemployment because they were so low to begin with when Trump became president.

Both Obama and Trump deserve credit and blame for what they actually did.

I'm still waiting for Faun to regale us with what Obama actually did, Hadit! I'm waiting to hear from him what Obama economic policy created jobs! For some reason he's struggling mightily with that very simple request!

Tell you what..

I asked you first about Trump. Where is it?

And I will tell you specifically how and where Obama created jobs. No lying BS.

Where is what?

I asked you several times about Trump deregulation created jobs.
Where is it?

If Trump wants Biden investigated ,why not just do it without asking foreign nations for help that he would personally benefit from? And that's illegal

You're such a fucking liar, eddie.

Nothing illegal about asking Ukraine to meet their treaty obligations to work with out AG to investigate the Kickback scheme Quid Pro Joe Biden used to embezzle millions of tax payer dollars.

See, you Communists think embezzlement is legal, but investigating it is a crime.

It's because you're a bunch of filthy, corrupt fucks.

Someone claimed you're rich (never encountered an internet troll leftist who wasn't a gazillionaire)

If you really are ( :lmao: ) you most certainly stole or swindled it. So corruption seems right to you....

No Eddie is not lying.
If this inept president wants to do that why not in a confidential manner?
These are the most inept people Iā€™ve ever seen.

Asking a favor to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival is a sign of corruption in itself.

You have no proof that the Biden did anything wrong. That was all planted by corrupted Ukrainian that was eliminated from corruptions. That is being used by Guilliani.

Forum List

Back