Bribery is a loser

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.

Right lets break that down... Bidens broke no laws... Zero...
If you want to accuse them of it how about you run down to your local FBI office and tell them the law and the evidence...
Until that time lets just call that BULLSHIT and you a BULLSHITTER...

Trump is being accused of breaking a law and looks like he is having no problems obstructing justice. Asking for help from a foreign government to investigate your political rival is breaking the law. The only question is which law is easiest to convict him on, Bribery, Extortion, accepting personal benefit from a foreign government....

There is no emotion here... The only people shouting and ranting is either Trump's twitter feed or GOP water carriers for the President...

PS : Now Nunes has been implicated by one of the Ukrainians... These Ukrainians missed the part of the script where they keep there mouth shut and do the time..

Hunter getting a cush job because of his name isn’t illegal. If Joe used his office to get Hunter the job or influenced policy because of his son then there would be something... but there’s no evidence of that. Trump wants to go fishing and in the process of fishing and investigating he gets to paint joe as crooked for his political campaign. “Crooked Hillary now Crooked Joe” “Lock him up” this isn’t a new playbook. You seem like a bright guy, this can’t be going over your head, you see what’s going on, right?!

Hmmm, fishing expedition. Now where have I seen that before?
are you trying to justify a witch-hunt on Biden because you think there was one on Trump?
Of course not, one does not justify the other. It just seemed extremely coincidental that there were complaints of a witch hunt when we've been watching a very obvious, very long lived and very expensive one play out since before Trump was inaugurated.
Trump called it a witch hunt. His IG just investigated the origins of the investigation and called them legit. It wasn’t a witch hunt. But even if it was it does not justify doing the same thing to Biden. Whose situation is old news. The Biden thing is clearly political and pushing a foreign government to get involved in these kind of shenanigans is just plain wrong
The entire attempt to bring down Trump is clearly political. Heck, they started before he even took office. It doesn't get more political than that. They were determined to find anything they could to force him out, which is why every single word he utters and every hand movement is parsed for hidden meaning. Quite frankly, it's ridiculous, and many are coming around to see it that way. In all seriousness, if the democrats don't have anything more substantial than they've shown thus far, they're screwed, because you don't get rid of a president with second hand information, presumptions and assumptions, and blind hate, especially without overwhelming public support.

The Democrats have pretty substantial stuff already and they aren't even gone to trial... They have evidence of aid being stopped, Ukraine knowing about it... One of the three amigos saying it was clearly extortion...

This is looking worse and worse for the GOP, Nunes had to stop his counsel asking questions last week cause the hole kept on getting bigger..

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

Slade your right in some sense... But lets be honest the GOP was told by there own Security Experts that by backing these conspiracy theories they are helping Russia undermine US democracy and they carried on... Trump wasn't lying about shooting someone on 5th Avenue....

But I say continue for this reason, it is a trial and that means:
  • Full Discovery of Documents
  • Witnesses like
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Mulvaney
    • Bolton
    • Pompeo
    • The Ukrainian two
    • & others
  • Two legal teams with no time limits
  • Unlikely to see:
    • Bidens
    • Mueller
    • Comey
    • or other people not actually connected with the crime
This will be all high class TV... GOP will dance the usual bullshit stories but America should at least see what these guys are, a bunch of con men... Difference they will be all under oath and democrats will have the emails and text messages to get them for lying. The witnesses will have to skate an impossible line of kissing Trump's ass and avoiding perjury, so a choice will be tell the truth or lie and hope Trump will pardon you...

Pardoning isn't working out for others so go down the truth seems the most sensible option...
You should consider the fact that the GOP will be running the trial in the senate. So you gotta know the focus will turn on Biden and DNC corruption. That brings Hunter Biden on trial, the whistle blower, Schiff, and all the other BS smoke screens Trump has been using. They will drag this out through the campaign and politicize the hell out of it. It fits right into Trumps sweet spot. It ensures a Trump victory in my opinion.

Also, unless you are only firing on a few brain cells, we all know what happened in Ukraine and what Trump was trying to do with that call. Putting more witnesses to confirm what we know is not going to lead to a gotchya, it’s going to lead to exhaustion which in turn benefits Trump.

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

Slade your right in some sense... But lets be honest the GOP was told by there own Security Experts that by backing these conspiracy theories they are helping Russia undermine US democracy and they carried on... Trump wasn't lying about shooting someone on 5th Avenue....

• Witnesses like
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Mulvaney
    • Bolton
    • Pompeo
    • The Ukrainian two
    • & others
  • Unlikely to see:
    • Bidens
    • Mueller
    • Comey
This will be all high class TV... GOP will dance the usual bullshit stories but America should at least see what these guys are, a bunch of con men... Difference they will be all under oath and democrats will have the emails and text messages to get them for lying. The witnesses will have to skate an impossible line of kissing Trump's ass and avoiding perjury, so a choice will be tell the truth or lie and hope Trump will pardon you...

Pardoning isn't working out for others so go down the truth seems the most sensible option...
You should consider the fact that the GOP will be running the trial in the senate. So you gotta know the focus will turn on Biden and DNC corruption. That brings Hunter Biden on trial, the whistle blower, Schiff, and all the other BS smoke screens Trump has been using. They will drag this out through the campaign and politicize the hell out of it. It fits right into Trumps sweet spot. It ensures a Trump victory in my opinion.

Also, unless you are only firing on a few brain cells, we all know what happened in Ukraine and what Trump was trying to do with that call. Putting more witnesses to confirm what we know is not going to lead to a gotchya, it’s going to lead to exhaustion which in turn benefits Trump.
It pretty much ensures a Bloomberg victory for the Democratic nomination since the other frontrunners are Senators who will be tied up in the trial.

Simple question then, Lesh...how is asking for an investigation into apparent corruption by the Biden's not good for the nation? Because it exposes Biden as someone who allowed his family to cash in on his position and power? Why would THAT not be for the good of the nation?
Hunter getting a cush job because of his name isn’t illegal. If Joe used his office to get Hunter the job or influenced policy because of his son then there would be something... but there’s no evidence of that. Trump wants to go fishing and in the process of fishing and investigating he gets to paint joe as crooked for his political campaign. “Crooked Hillary now Crooked Joe” “Lock him up” this isn’t a new playbook. You seem like a bright guy, this can’t be going over your head, you see what’s going on, right?!

are you trying to justify a witch-hunt on Biden because you think there was one on Trump?
Of course not, one does not justify the other. It just seemed extremely coincidental that there were complaints of a witch hunt when we've been watching a very obvious, very long lived and very expensive one play out since before Trump was inaugurated.
Its not coincidental BTW. It’s how Trump operates. His tactic is to turn the tables. If he thinks there a witch hunt on him he is going to get a witch hunt on somebody else. You haven’t noticed?! Almost every time he gets attacked he uses the “I know you are but what am I?” response

His "tactic" is to fight back when attacked. The main stream media doesn't like it because Trump won't allow them to drive the narrative. Trump takes his case directly to the people through social media...something that hasn't been done before.

Be honest, Slade. Can you look at me with a straight face and claim that there hasn't been a witch hunt when it comes to Trump? It's been a political "jihad" ever since Trump shocked the main stream media by winning the election over someone that they PROMISED couldn't possibly win! CNN's coverage? It's appallingly slanted. They don't even attempt to provide unbiased news at this point. The same goes for The New York Times...the Washington Post, Time, MSNBC or PBS.

What you have is a series of investigations searching desperately for an impeachable crime that's been committed by Trump...each of which has come up empty. They have to believe Trump is guilty of an impeachable crime because they don't want to admit that they don't control the way people think in this country anymore and it's driving them insane!

Just remember this, Kiddies...Adam Schiff controls the investigation in the House...he gets to choose which witnesses are called and which are not. That won't be the case in the Senate. You will have other witnesses called to testify and I suspect that it WILL include people like Schiff, both Biden's, Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Strozek and Page! What will the people think when some of the above start taking the 5th?

Sorry that won't cut it. They looked the other way when vp biden was actually involved in corrupt acts with ukraine and son. The hypocrisy is laughable. Trump broke no laws. The lib carnie show will roll on with their hate and emotion. That's all they have.

If you want to accuse them of it how about you run down to your local FBI office and tell them the law and the evidence...

Trump is being accused of breaking a law and looks like he is having no problems obstructing justice. Asking for help from a foreign government to investigate your political rival is breaking the law. The only question is which law is easiest to convict him on, Bribery, Extortion, accepting personal benefit from a foreign government....

There is no emotion here... The only people shouting and ranting is either Trump's twitter feed or GOP water carriers for the President...

PS : Now Nunes has been implicated by one of the Ukrainians... These Ukrainians missed the part of the script where they keep there mouth shut and do the time..

Again, trump broke no laws and we have second and third hand accounts and testimonies related to how they feel and speculation. In addition to that we have a "whistleblower" who had third hand accounts and was coached by dems.

Again, trump broke no laws and we have second and third hand accounts and testimonies related to how they feel and speculation. In addition to that we have a "whistleblower" who had third hand accounts and was coached by dems.

Schiff was able to call HIS witnesses and exclude witnesses that would paint a different picture of what took place...yet even with that one sided presentation did you notice how many times Schiff's witnesses turned out to contradict themselves or each other...or even worse how many of them were forced to admit that what they heard was second or third hand?

When the GOP is calling the shots in a Senate trial...you're going to hear the other side of the argument...you're going to hear the witnesses that Schiff didn't want to testify. If you think the House hearings were a nothing burger for impeachment...wait until you see what's going to happen in a Senate hearing! It's going to get seriously ugly for Democrats...something that Nancy Pelosi already understands and has been dragging her feet on a vote to impeach because of.

Its not coincidental BTW. It’s how Trump operates. His tactic is to turn the tables. If he thinks there a witch hunt on him he is going to get a witch hunt on somebody else. You haven’t noticed?! Almost every time he gets attacked he uses the “I know you are but what am I?” response

His "tactic" is to fight back when attacked. The main stream media doesn't like it because Trump won't allow them to drive the narrative. Trump takes his case directly to the people through social media...something that hasn't been done before.

Be honest, Slade. Can you look at me with a straight face and claim that there hasn't been a witch hunt when it comes to Trump? It's been a political "jihad" ever since Trump shocked the main stream media by winning the election over someone that they PROMISED couldn't possibly win! CNN's coverage? It's appallingly slanted. They don't even attempt to provide unbiased news at this point. The same goes for The New York Times...the Washington Post, Time, MSNBC or PBS.

What you have is a series of investigations searching desperately for an impeachable crime that's been committed by Trump...each of which has come up empty. They have to believe Trump is guilty of an impeachable crime because they don't want to admit that they don't control the way people think in this country anymore and it's driving them insane!
I don’t mind fighting back as long as it’s an honest fight. Trump does not do that. He responds to critiques with red herrings, lies, distractions and unfounded accusations. That is not respectable.

I can say with a straight face that Trump has definitely been the victim of a witch hunt from the media and his political opponents. Much of it is self inflicted as he wages war and continues his lying spree. He was NOT however a victim of a witch hunt from our institutions which he has been clearly discrediting to hedge a narrative in case something ever stuck. Those attacks on our intel agencies is inexcusable and is causing lasting damage to our country.

• Witnesses like
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Mulvaney
    • Bolton
    • Pompeo
    • The Ukrainian two
    • & others
  • Unlikely to see:
    • Bidens
    • Mueller
    • Comey

It pretty much ensures a Bloomberg victory for the Democratic nomination since the other frontrunners are Senators who will be tied up in the trial.
thats a strong possibility.

I don’t mind fighting back as long as it’s an honest fight. Trump does not do that. He responds to critiques with red herrings, lies, distractions and unfounded accusations. That is not respectable.

I can say with a straight face that Trump has definitely been the victim of a witch hunt from the media and his political opponents. Much of it is self inflicted as he wages war and continues his lying spree. He was NOT however a victim of a witch hunt from our institutions which he has been clearly discrediting to hedge a narrative in case something ever stuck. Those attacks on our intel agencies is inexcusable and is causing lasting damage to our country.

You think Adam Schiff is waging an "honest fight" against Trump, Slade? With all due respect...Mr. Schiff has been willing to do just about anything to find something to impeach Trump with. He's got a history of being less than honest...some would say...of being an outright liar.

If this really WAS an honest fight...wouldn't Republicans be allowed to call their own witnesses to testify? It hasn't been an honest fight so far...it's been a fixed fight. That will change if the House votes to impeach and it goes to trial in the Senate. My personal opinion is that Nancy Pelosi doesn't want that to happen because she KNOWS how badly it will go for Democrats and she's terrified that will lead to a backlash against the left at the polls!

As for Trump attacking our intelligence agencies? I haven't seen that at all...what I've seen is Trump attacking higher ups at those intelligence agencies that decided to play "king maker" with the last Presidential election! Trump isn't attacking the FBI when he attacks Comey, Stroszek and Page. He isn't attacking the CIA when he attacks John Brennan. He isn't attacking the NSA when he attacks James Clapper. He's attacking individuals who abused their positions of authority to try and "fix" an election. When the main stream media equate THAT with attacks on the agencies it's nothing more than an attempt at damage control!

You think Adam Schiff is waging an "honest fight" against Trump, Slade? With all due respect...Mr. Schiff has been willing to do just about anything to find something to impeach Trump with. He's got a history of being less than honest...some would say...of being an outright liar.

If this really WAS an honest fight...wouldn't Republicans be allowed to call their own witnesses to testify? It hasn't been an honest fight so far...it's been a fixed fight. That will change if the House votes to impeach and it goes to trial in the Senate. My personal opinion is that Nancy Pelosi doesn't want that to happen because she KNOWS how badly it will go for Democrats and she's terrified that will lead to a backlash against the left at the polls!
no I think Schiff is a partisan turd and nothing that he does excuses anything Trump does. In fact if Schiffs antics bother you then Trumps should bother you as well. He is our POTUS and exponentially worse.

these “whataboutisms” get old and are ineffective

no I think Schiff is a partisan turd and nothing that he does excuses anything Trump does. In fact if Schiffs antics bother you then Trumps should bother you as well. He is our POTUS and exponentially worse.

So why are you on the left investigating Trump with someone who's such an obvious "partisan turd"? Not for nothing, Slade but Schiff taints everything that committee is doing.

I could care less about Trump's "antics"! I'm sorry but I don't care if he's your prototypical, loud, boastful, over the top New Yorker! What I care about is what he DOES! I like what he's done with the economy. I'm in favor of a strong border. I thought the Paris Accord was one of the worst things ever signed by a US President and I'm glad Trump backed out of it. I like that he doesn't want us involved in ground wars in the Middle East unless it's absolutely crucial. I like that he backs Israel against it's terrorist neighbors. I think he's done an admirable job selecting Supreme Court judges. I think he's been masterful at using tariffs to get the US better trade deals.

So what member of the group running for President from the Democratic side is going to make me happy with her or his policies, Slade? To be blunt I haven't seen one that even comes close.

So why are you on the left investigating Trump with someone who's such an obvious "partisan turd"? Not for nothing, Slade but Schiff taints everything that committee is doing.

I could care less about Trump's "antics"! I'm sorry but I don't care if he's your prototypical, loud, boastful, over the top New Yorker! What I care about is what he DOES! I like what he's done with the economy. I'm in favor of a strong border. I thought the Paris Accord was one of the worst things ever signed by a US President and I'm glad Trump backed out of it. I like that he doesn't want us involved in ground wars in the Middle East unless it's absolutely crucial. I like that he backs Israel against it's terrorist neighbors. I think he's done an admirable job selecting Supreme Court judges. I think he's been masterful at using tariffs to get the US better trade deals.

So what member of the group running for President from the Democratic side is going to make me happy with her or his policies, Slade? To be blunt I haven't seen one that even comes close.
i give you a cookie for being honest but man, that is such a lame way to be. You pretty much discredit all your critiques on the left when you say you don’t give a shit what Trump does or says. That means it doesn’t matter what Schiff does or says either. As long as he is progressing the agenda of the left then technically he is doing a good job for them by your standards. So you should probably cut the Hypocrisy, right?

i give you a cookie for being honest but man, that is such a lame way to be. You pretty much discredit all your critiques on the left when you say you don’t give a shit what Trump does or says. That means it doesn’t matter what Schiff does or says either. As long as he is progressing the agenda of the left then technically he is doing a good job for them by your standards. So you should probably cut the Hypocrisy, right?

I specifically said that what I care about is what Trump DOES...not what he says! It's how I judge politicians and most people. I could care less what they say they're going to do...the only thing that really counts is what they actually do.

What agenda of the left is it that Schiff is advancing that improves my life? For that matter what Democratic agenda improves my life? Keeping the border open so that more illegal immigrants can come and over burden our society? Imposing healthcare for all that my taxes will have to increase dramatically to pay for? Signing us up for the Paris Accords again which will knee cap our businesses while allowing the Chinese to continue to pollute for another twenty years all the while giving them an even bigger cost advantage over us? Piling more political correctness on top of political correctness until we've lost our sense of humor about life in general because a few people might be offended?

When I say I won't be voting for any of the Democrats running...it isn't because I "worship" at the Trump altar or I'm some knee jerk right wing ideologue! I make that decision solely on what each side offers. To be blunt, Slade...I don't like what the Democratic Party offers me. I don't like it at all.

I'm still waiting for explanations on this whole Russian nonsense.

As for Trump attacking our intelligence agencies? I haven't seen that at all.

You see what you want to see...or pretend to

You pretend that Trump is attacking the agencies because you don't want to admit that some of the people RUNNING those agencies were the problem...not the agencies themselves! The rank and file of the FBI are fine, hard working, honest people. Comey, Page & Strozek however used their positions to play politics. They deserve to attacked because what they did was wrong. Pretending otherwise is what you're stuck doing.

Forum List

Back