Bribery is a loser

Notice how neither Faun nor Eddie want to take a stab at explaining why Hunter Biden resigned his positions on both of the boards if it was all on the up and up?

It's obvious what took place and why...but they'll continue to deny...deny...deny...

Oh, they get it. Don't think for a moment they don't. They just don't care. Trump could have shot Biden on 5th Avenue and they'd still be defending Trump.

Nope. They just.....don't....care

Notice how neither Faun nor Eddie want to take a stab at explaining why Hunter Biden resigned his positions on both of the boards if it was all on the up and up?

It's obvious what took place and why...but they'll continue to deny...deny...deny...
Why the fuck should I care about Hunter Biden, lying con tool?

In a thread about Trump's impeachment, no less.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Why the fuck should I care about Hunter Biden, lying con tool?

In a thread about Trump's impeachment, no less.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You must not have gotten the "memo", Faun...your impeachment has moved on from "collusion" to "quid pro quo"!
An impeachment that's now supposed to be about Trump targeting a political rival? In order for anyone to buy THAT narrative...they need to buy that Hunter Biden got those two board positions because of his qualifications and not because his dad was the Vice President!

Why should you care about Hunter Biden? Because what he and his father did is a perfect example of influence peddling in government.

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
More like extortion, with the help of Russian troops which occupy the Donbas.

easy, because his dad is running for President and that’s the proper thing to do. He never should have taken the job while his dad was VP either. It wasn’t illegal but it didn’t look good and now look at the shitstorm it’s caused as Trump and his ilk politicize the shit out of it.

easy, because his dad is running for President and that’s the proper thing to do. He never should have taken the job while his dad was VP either. It wasn’t illegal but it didn’t look good and now look at the shitstorm it’s caused as Trump and his ilk politicize the shit out of it.

You know WHY it didn't look good, Slade? Because it's obvious that Hunter Biden didn't get either of those board positions because of his expertise...he got on those boards because some very intelligent people thought they would be buying influence with the Obama Administration. It doesn't look good because at the very least...it's sleazy as hell. What we won't know without an investigation is what those corporations GOT for the money they spent and THAT my friend, is what is being characterized as a "shit storm" by you!

You know WHY it didn't look good, Slade? Because it's obvious that Hunter Biden didn't get either of those board positions because of his expertise...he got on those boards because some very intelligent people thought they would be buying influence with the Obama Administration. It doesn't look good because at the very least...it's sleazy as hell. What we won't know without an investigation is what those corporations GOT for the money they spent and THAT my friend, is what is being characterized as a "shit storm" by you!
Wonderful, then if that’s your view we should also investigate all the trump kids deals to make sure nothing was being done to buy influence right? We can just put our country in a perpetual state of witch hunts against the families of our politicians.

or we can do what has always been done and investigate when there is evidence and cause to suspect a crime.

you're free to support whatever you want but I know where I land.

Wonderful, then if that’s your view we should also investigate all the trump kids deals to make sure nothing was being done to buy influence right? We can just put our country in a perpetual state of witch hunts against the families of our politicians.

or we can do what has always been done and investigate when there is evidence and cause to suspect a crime.

You said it yourself, investigations should be done when there is evidence and cause to suspect a crime. Show me some actual evidence that Trump or any of his kids have committed a crime, then I'll support an investigation. But so far all I've heard is suppositions, suspicions, innuendo, and somebody's personal guess. NONE of which is evidence. In Biden's case, he openly admitted he got the Ukrainians to fire a prosecutor or else he would make sure they didn't get $6 Billion in aid. His own words, convict him.

Look, I think we both know that influence is bought and sold in every administration and at every level of gov't down to the cities and counties. I do not see why anyone deserves immunity and I don't care what their last name is. But I will say this: it sure as hell looks like at the national level the Clintons, Bidens, and others on the Dem side have gotten away with a lot more corrupt and unethical behavior if not outright illegal stuff that the Repubs have. Show me the email, the memo, any document or transcript that supports the allegations made against Trump; right now, your side has nuttin'.

You said it yourself, investigations should be done when there is evidence and cause to suspect a crime. Show me some actual evidence that Trump or any of his kids have committed a crime, then I'll support an investigation. But so far all I've heard is suppositions, suspicions, innuendo, and somebody's personal guess. NONE of which is evidence. In Biden's case, he openly admitted he got the Ukrainians to fire a prosecutor or else he would make sure they didn't get $6 Billion in aid. His own words, convict him.

Look, I think we both know that influence is bought and sold in every administration and at every level of gov't down to the cities and counties. I do not see why anyone deserves immunity and I don't care what their last name is. But I will say this: it sure as hell looks like at the national level the Clintons, Bidens, and others on the Dem side have gotten away with a lot more corrupt and unethical behavior if not outright illegal stuff that the Repubs have. Show me the email, the memo, any document or transcript that supports the allegations made against Trump; right now, your side has nuttin'.
i don’t think the Trump kids should be investigated just like I don’t think Biden needs to be investigated. You all are scrambling to justify Trumps boneheaded move which may be getting him impeached.

You know what's amusing, Slade? That you think Democrats and the main stream media HAVEN'T been investigating every deal the Trump "kids" have made! How naïve are you?

You know what's amusing, Slade? That you think Democrats and the main stream media HAVEN'T been investigating every deal the Trump "kids" have made! How naïve are you?
The media, yes. the Dems...you’re gonna have to elaborate more... what investigations are you talking about?

The media, yes. the Dems...you’re gonna have to elaborate more... what investigations are you talking about?

Do you honestly believe that Mueller, Schiff and every reporter from CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and the Washington Post haven't been examining every transaction of every member of the Trump family for YEARS now? Please don't tell me ANYONE is that naïve!

An examination that has produced NOTHING untoward! Imagine that, Slade! All of that effort...all of those reporters and investigators...millions spent...all for naught?

Do you honestly believe that Mueller, Schiff and every reporter from CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and the Washington Post haven't been examining every transaction of every member of the Trump family for YEARS now? Please don't tell me ANYONE is that naïve!
I’m just asking for the intel you have about what it is you are accusing them of doing... please share. Or are you just making assumptions?

An examination that has produced NOTHING untoward! Imagine that, Slade! All of that effort...all of those reporters and investigators...millions spent...all for naught?
what exactly do you think has produced nothing?

I’m just asking for the intel you have about what it is you are accusing them of doing... please share. Or are you just making assumptions?
I'm making "assumptions" when I say that the Trump family's transactions have been examined painstakingly by Mueller, Schiff and all of those reporters and investigators? Now THAT is amusing!

All of the investigations of course! Isn't it amazing that so many have searched so hard for something and not been able to find it?

I'm making "assumptions" when I say that the Trump family's transactions have been examined painstakingly by Mueller, Schiff and all of those reporters and investigators? Now THAT is amusing!
reread what I wrote. I was asking you a question not making a statement... try again. Give an answer this time

All of the investigations of course! Isn't it amazing that so many have searched so hard for something and not been able to find it?
while I think the Mueller investigation was much to long and expensive it was anything but empty. Just because it didn’t end with Trump behind bars doesn’t mean nothing was found or nothing was done. You need to pay better attention

Forum List

Back