Bribery is a loser

Come on, Slade...lies, coverups and shady associations with foreign agents? That wasn't the Trump campaign...that was the Clinton campaign! My question throughout this has been a simple one. Why was the GOP being investigated when it's obvious that the Democrats were conducting one of the sleaziest campaigns in modern US political history?
Hillary and the DNC PAID foreign agents large sums of money to fabricate phony dossiers...leak them to the media...and then turned around and used those phony dossiers to obtain wire taps from FISA court judges to spy on the Trump campaign...not once...not twice but THREE times!
Trump agreed to have Mueller investigate what happened because he knew he hadn't done what he was accused of. He naively thought that Mueller was going to conduct an unbiased investigation that would get to the truth. He didn't know that Mueller was nothing more than a figure head who didn't even know what was IN the report that eventually bore his name! Watching Mueller struggle to explain almost anything in the report when he testified before the Senate, showed how little he had to do with it's being compiled.
Doesn’t it get old using the same old tired tactics over and over and over again? Can you name one thing that Trump has been accused of that he hasn’t turned around and blamed on his opponents?! It’s so obvious that he is going to do that EVERY TIME! Think about it. and people like you slurp it up and spit it out. It’s pathetic.

Do you really believe that the Clinton campaign DIDN'T pay Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson big money to smear Trump prior to the election?

Do you really believe that the Obama Justice Department didn't deliberately mislead FISA Court judges to obtain wiretaps to spy on it's political opponents?

Do you really believe that Robert Mueller was in charge of the investigation after watching him testify in front of that Senate committee?

Trump accuses the Democrats of being sleazy and duplicitous. You know what? He's spot on with those accusations! Trump didn't collude with foreign agents to undermine our election! Clinton and the DNC did! Trump didn't conspire with the network running one of the debates to make himself look better! Hillary and the DNC did! Trump didn't spy on the Clinton campaign! Clinton and the Obama White House did! Trump didn't use the IRS against his political opponents! The Obama White House did!
You are too deep in the propaganda to reason with. I’m not going into the litany of rabbit holes that you just laid out but I’ll tackle the first one just to show how weak your talking points are...

Yes I believe the Clinton campaign hired Fusion GPS for oppo research... They were also contracted for the same thing by Jeb or Rubios campaign, can’t remember which. I don’t believe that Hillary was meeting with foreign spy’s and paying them to get dirt on Trump. You are drawing those lines and they aren’t there. And the BIG difference is, getting oppo research isn’t a crime and Hillary wasn’t using the power of her office (which she didn’t even have) to leverage a foreign Power for political dirt.

Oh, please! There is a HUGE difference between "opposition research" and paying someone to fabricate out right lies about your opponent and then getting your sycophants in the intelligence services and the main stream media to push those lies as fact right before an election! What Hillary Clinton and the DNC did with the Steele dossiers is FAR worse than what anyone else has done in modern political history! You folks on the left keep trotting out the "opposition research" line like EVERYONE is paying to have their opponents smeared and that's bullshit, Slade!

As for your claim that this was normal everyday "opposition research"? Care to explain why the Clinton campaign felt the need to hide their dealings with Fusion GPS by going through a cut out at a lawyers to hide their identity? Nobody does that who's not doing sleazy things and doesn't want the public to find out about it!

Come on, Slade...lies, coverups and shady associations with foreign agents? That wasn't the Trump campaign...that was the Clinton campaign! My question throughout this has been a simple one. Why was the GOP being investigated when it's obvious that the Democrats were conducting one of the sleaziest campaigns in modern US political history?
Hillary and the DNC PAID foreign agents large sums of money to fabricate phony dossiers...leak them to the media...and then turned around and used those phony dossiers to obtain wire taps from FISA court judges to spy on the Trump campaign...not once...not twice but THREE times!
Trump agreed to have Mueller investigate what happened because he knew he hadn't done what he was accused of. He naively thought that Mueller was going to conduct an unbiased investigation that would get to the truth. He didn't know that Mueller was nothing more than a figure head who didn't even know what was IN the report that eventually bore his name! Watching Mueller struggle to explain almost anything in the report when he testified before the Senate, showed how little he had to do with it's being compiled.
Doesn’t it get old using the same old tired tactics over and over and over again? Can you name one thing that Trump has been accused of that he hasn’t turned around and blamed on his opponents?! It’s so obvious that he is going to do that EVERY TIME! Think about it. and people like you slurp it up and spit it out. It’s pathetic.

Do you really believe that the Clinton campaign DIDN'T pay Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson big money to smear Trump prior to the election?

Do you really believe that the Obama Justice Department didn't deliberately mislead FISA Court judges to obtain wiretaps to spy on it's political opponents?

Do you really believe that Robert Mueller was in charge of the investigation after watching him testify in front of that Senate committee?

Trump accuses the Democrats of being sleazy and duplicitous. You know what? He's spot on with those accusations! Trump didn't collude with foreign agents to undermine our election! Clinton and the DNC did! Trump didn't conspire with the network running one of the debates to make himself look better! Hillary and the DNC did! Trump didn't spy on the Clinton campaign! Clinton and the Obama White House did! Trump didn't use the IRS against his political opponents! The Obama White House did!
You are too deep in the propaganda to reason with. I’m not going into the litany of rabbit holes that you just laid out but I’ll tackle the first one just to show how weak your talking points are...

Yes I believe the Clinton campaign hired Fusion GPS for oppo research... They were also contracted for the same thing by Jeb or Rubios campaign, can’t remember which. I don’t believe that Hillary was meeting with foreign spy’s and paying them to get dirt on Trump. You are drawing those lines and they aren’t there. And the BIG difference is, getting oppo research isn’t a crime and Hillary wasn’t using the power of her office (which she didn’t even have) to leverage a foreign Power for political dirt.

Oh, please! There is a HUGE difference between "opposition research" and paying someone to fabricate out right lies about your opponent and then getting your sycophants in the intelligence services and the main stream media to push those lies as fact right before an election! What Hillary Clinton and the DNC did with the Steele dossiers is FAR worse than what anyone else has done in modern political history! You folks on the left keep trotting out the "opposition research" line like EVERYONE is paying to have their opponents smeared and that's bullshit, Slade!
what you said right there is a complete lie. Propaganda bullshit fabricated by Trump and the right wing media. The proof is in the fact that that specific accusation was investigated by Horowitz and your theory literally disproven. Sorry

As for your claim that this was normal everyday "opposition research"? Care to explain why the Clinton campaign felt the need to hide their dealings with Fusion GPS by going through a cut out at a lawyers to hide their identity? Nobody does that who's not doing sleazy things and doesn't want the public to find out about it!
again you are trying make up a crime and connect invisible dots. I don’t know how payments and operations were conducted in the Clinton campaign. I know the Steele dossier and FISA warrants and origins of the investigation were investigated by the IG and all your BS accusations are now disproven. For months we’ve been hearing about how all these top dog are going to be in jail. No, not happening. You been fed a heap of lies. Open your eyes.

what you said right there is a complete lie. Propaganda bullshit fabricated by Trump and the right wing media. The proof is in the fact that that specific accusation was investigated by Horowitz and your theory literally disproven. Sorry

It's a complete lie that Hillary Clinton and the DNC paid to have Donald Trump smeared by Fusion GPS? It's obvious that happened. It's obvious that Clinton KNEW what they were doing would get her in trouble politically if it became public knowledge because she employed a law firm middleman to hide where the money was coming from. You don't do THAT if all you're paying for is "opposition research"! You do THAT if you're paying for a series of phony dossiers that you're going to leak to the media right before the election to make sure that Trump can't beat you!

again you are trying make up a crime and connect invisible dots. I don’t know how payments and operations were conducted in the Clinton campaign. I know the Steele dossier and FISA warrants and origins of the investigation were investigated by the IG and all your BS accusations are now disproven. For months we’ve been hearing about how all these top dog are going to be in jail. No, not happening. You been fed a heap of lies. Open your eyes.

Do really not know all of that is being investigated now and the report on it is due to come out in early December? Haven't you figured out that the REAL reason Nancy Pelosi wants no part of an impeachment trial in the Senate is that the Democrats won't be able to control who testifies and what took place in the last Presidential election will finally be exposed to the public when people like Clinton, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Page, Strozek, Glenn Simpson and Richard Steele are subpoenaed to testify on their part of the plan to smear Trump?

Perhaps you should do some research on HOW payments and operations were conducted in the Clinton campaign? Then come back and tell me again how it wasn't the worst example of a political smear job in the past hundred years!

It's a complete lie that Hillary Clinton and the DNC paid to have Donald Trump smeared by Fusion GPS? It's obvious that happened. It's obvious that Clinton KNEW what they were doing would get her in trouble politically if it became public knowledge because she employed a law firm middleman to hide where the money was coming from. You don't do THAT if all you're paying for is "opposition research"! You do THAT if you're paying for a series of phony dossiers that you're going to leak to the media right before the election to make sure that Trump can't beat you!
You’re spinning now. Your entire narrative is a lie. Yes the Clinton campaign paid for oppo research. That’s not a crime. There was an investigation into whether there were any crimes committed and none were found. Can’t spin your way around that.

Do really not know all of that is being investigated now and the report on it is due to come out in early December? Haven't you figured out that the REAL reason Nancy Pelosi wants no part of an impeachment trial in the Senate is that the Democrats won't be able to control who testifies and what took place in the last Presidential election will finally be exposed to the public when people like Clinton, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Page, Strozek, Glenn Simpson and Richard Steele are subpoenaed to testify on their part of the plan to smear Trump?
You are right, the report is coming out in a few weeks. When it disproves you’re narrative you should realize that you are a gullible dupe who is getting bad intel. The only reported crime found so far was a low level lawyer who fudged a page in the FISA warrant. And that’s great, hold that guy accountable. But as a whole your grand conspiracy will be officially debunked. By Trumps DOJ none the less. But I’m sure you will turn on Horowitz just like you did Mueller. The games will continue.

Perhaps you should do some research on HOW payments and operations were conducted in the Clinton campaign? Then come back and tell me again how it wasn't the worst example of a political smear job in the past hundred years!
I don’t need to. First off Clinton lost and I’m not on a mission to distract from Trump by accusing her of fake crimes and I’m not a “lock her up” chanter still trying to back up that propaganda. But I am a realist and I’m going to keep coming back to Trump DOJ IG report that shows there are no crimes where you say there are crimes. I see you walking it back now, I understand why... time to do a major re-evaluation on where you get your information from. You’re being played.

You’re spinning now. Your entire narrative is a lie. Yes the Clinton campaign paid for oppo research. That’s not a crime. There was an investigation into whether there were any crimes committed and none were found. Can’t spin your way around that.

If your best defense of what the Clinton campaign did...smearing a political opponent with phony dossiers...is that it isn't illegal...then that shows EXACTLY where you're coming from...doesn't it!

If your best defense of what the Clinton campaign did...smearing a political opponent with phony dossiers...is that it isn't illegal...then that shows EXACTLY where you're coming from...doesn't it!
yes when you accuse all these people of crimes I’m going to point to an investigation that shows it’s not a crime. Like I said I don’t blame your pulling back and spinning to say that what Clinton did was wrong. As laughable as that pivot is... sure, I’ll give that to you Clinton and her campaign played shady political games. A big reason why she isn’t president. Also a big reason why Trump should be voted out. He does the same crap.

It's not "illegal" to conspire with one of the networks hosting a Presidential Primary Debate to make one candidate look better than others either, Slade! The question you should ask yourself is this...who was REALLY the sleazy campaign in that election? Who REALLY tried to scam the electorate? Who did their very best to subvert our election process?

It wasn't Trump! Not even close! I think you know that...

yes when you accuse all these people of crimes I’m going to point to an investigation that shows it’s not a crime. Like I said I don’t blame your pulling back and spinning to say that what Clinton did was wrong. As laughable as that pivot is... sure, I’ll give that to you Clinton and her campaign played shady political games. A big reason why she isn’t president. Also a big reason why Trump should be voted out. He does the same crap.
When did I accuse anyone of a crime? I simply pointed out all of the sleazy, corrupt things that the Democrats pulled in that election! You're the one who's fallen back on "but it's not criminal!" as your defense of what took place!

It's not "illegal" to conspire with one of the networks hosting a Presidential Primary Debate to make one candidate look better than others either, Slade! The question you should ask yourself is this...who was REALLY the sleazy campaign in that election? Who REALLY tried to scam the electorate? Who did their very best to subvert our election process?

it was both my one sided friend. Both did shady stuff. Both lied and covered up. You’re only looking in one direction. Turn around there’s a whole other side

When did I accuse anyone of a crime? I simply pointed out all of the sleazy, corrupt things that the Democrats pulled in that election! You're the one who's fallen back on "but it's not criminal!" as your defense of what took place!
well the narrative and series of events you’ve been pushing are literally crimes. If you were speaking the truth then several people should be lined up for indictments. Plus right wing media has been saying it for months that the IG report is going to land Comey and McCabe and Page and Strozek in jail. Again... it’s all BS

it was both my one sided friend. Both did shady stuff. Both lied and covered up. You’re only looking in one direction. Turn around there’s a whole other side

What did the Trump campaign do that even approached the sleazy behavior of the Clinton campaign? Did they pay someone to make up things about Clinton? All they did was ask for the truth to be revealed about what Clinton and the DNC had done!

What did the Trump campaign do that even approached the sleazy behavior of the Clinton campaign? Did they pay someone to make up things about Clinton? All they did was ask for the truth to be revealed about what Clinton and the DNC had done!
They didn’t need to pay anybody to make things up about Clinton. Trump did it himself on a daily basis. Asking for the truth involved asking for crimes to be committed against the state.

That’s the weakest point you’ve made so far. How can you then complain about the Obama admin spying on Trump and tapping his wires?! Wouldn’t that also be an innocent pursuit of the truth?

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Actually, everything would be a ‘loser.’

A blind partisan Republican Senate isn’t going to convict regardless the content of Articles of Impeachment, regardless how compelling the evidence, regardless the severity of Trump’s crimes and misdemeanors.

So it isn’t a ‘misstep’ on the part of Democrats, given the fact the Senate will never convict.

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Actually, everything would be a ‘loser.’

A blind partisan Republican Senate isn’t going to convict regardless the content of Articles of Impeachment, regardless how compelling the evidence, regardless the severity of Trump’s crimes and misdemeanors.

So it isn’t a ‘misstep’ on the part of Democrats, given the fact the Senate will never convict.
The misstep is handing a dead initiative over to the senate to over politicize during a presidential election. They have exposed trump and his minions for the game they played. If they think Mulvaney or Pompeo have been lying then they should subpoena them and expose their lies, but at this point we all know what Trump did. Let the voters take it from there. It’s at risk of overkill which will then work in trumps favor.

Forum List

Back