Bribery is a loser

It's not "illegal" to conspire with one of the networks hosting a Presidential Primary Debate to make one candidate look better than others either, Slade! The question you should ask yourself is this...who was REALLY the sleazy campaign in that election? Who REALLY tried to scam the electorate? Who did their very best to subvert our election process?

It wasn't Trump! Not even close! I think you know that...
it was both my one sided friend. Both did shady stuff. Both lied and covered up. You’re only looking in one direction. Turn around there’s a whole other side

What did the Trump campaign do that even approached the sleazy behavior of the Clinton campaign? Did they pay someone to make up things about Clinton? All they did was ask for the truth to be revealed about what Clinton and the DNC had done!
They didn’t need to pay anybody to make things up about Clinton. Trump did it himself on a daily basis. Asking for the truth involved asking for crimes to be committed against the state.

That’s the weakest point you’ve made so far. How can you then complain about the Obama admin spying on Trump and tapping his wires?! Wouldn’t that also be an innocent pursuit of the truth?

Deceiving a FISA Court judge is now your definition of "an innocent pursuit of the truth"? Talk about making a weak point!

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Actually, everything would be a ‘loser.’

A blind partisan Republican Senate isn’t going to convict regardless the content of Articles of Impeachment, regardless how compelling the evidence, regardless the severity of Trump’s crimes and misdemeanors.

So it isn’t a ‘misstep’ on the part of Democrats, given the fact the Senate will never convict.
The misstep is handing a dead initiative over to the senate to over politicize during a presidential election. They have exposed trump and his minions for the game they played. If they think Mulvaney or Pompeo have been lying then they should subpoena them and expose their lies, but at this point we all know what Trump did. Let the voters take it from there. It’s at risk of overkill which will then work in trumps favor.

Risk of overkill? You mean a risk of the GOP being able to subpoena witnesses that will reveal just how sleazy the Democrats have been throughout this entire process? Adam Schiff's political theatre was completely one sided because he controlled who would be called as witnesses! That won't be the case in the Senate! Democrats don't want anything to do with that! They know what an absolute shit storm that will turn out to be and it will be happening all during the lead up to the next election!

It's not "illegal" to conspire with one of the networks hosting a Presidential Primary Debate to make one candidate look better than others either, Slade! The question you should ask yourself is this...who was REALLY the sleazy campaign in that election? Who REALLY tried to scam the electorate? Who did their very best to subvert our election process?

it was both my one sided friend. Both did shady stuff. Both lied and covered up. You’re only looking in one direction. Turn around there’s a whole other side

What did the Trump campaign do that even approached the sleazy behavior of the Clinton campaign? Did they pay someone to make up things about Clinton? All they did was ask for the truth to be revealed about what Clinton and the DNC had done!
They didn’t need to pay anybody to make things up about Clinton. Trump did it himself on a daily basis. Asking for the truth involved asking for crimes to be committed against the state.

That’s the weakest point you’ve made so far. How can you then complain about the Obama admin spying on Trump and tapping his wires?! Wouldn’t that also be an innocent pursuit of the truth?

Deceiving a FISA Court judge is now your definition of "an innocent pursuit of the truth"? Talk about making a weak point!
Oh no, not at all. The one guy they found who altered that one page should be held to account. The rest appears to be legit. Is that all you got?

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Actually, everything would be a ‘loser.’

A blind partisan Republican Senate isn’t going to convict regardless the content of Articles of Impeachment, regardless how compelling the evidence, regardless the severity of Trump’s crimes and misdemeanors.

So it isn’t a ‘misstep’ on the part of Democrats, given the fact the Senate will never convict.
The misstep is handing a dead initiative over to the senate to over politicize during a presidential election. They have exposed trump and his minions for the game they played. If they think Mulvaney or Pompeo have been lying then they should subpoena them and expose their lies, but at this point we all know what Trump did. Let the voters take it from there. It’s at risk of overkill which will then work in trumps favor.

Risk of overkill? You mean a risk of the GOP being able to subpoena witnesses that will reveal just how sleazy the Democrats have been throughout this entire process? Adam Schiff's political theatre was completely one sided because he controlled who would be called as witnesses! That won't be the case in the Senate! Democrats don't want anything to do with that! They know what an absolute shit storm that will turn out to be and it will be happening all during the lead up to the next election!
That’s not a risk. The republicans run the senate they can open a senseless investigation and subpoena all those people right now if they wanted to.

Notice how neither Faun nor Eddie want to take a stab at explaining why Hunter Biden resigned his positions on both of the boards if it was all on the up and up?

It's obvious what took place and why...but they'll continue to deny...deny...deny...
easy, because his dad is running for President and that’s the proper thing to do. He never should have taken the job while his dad was VP either. It wasn’t illegal but it didn’t look good and now look at the shitstorm it’s caused as Trump and his ilk politicize the shit out of it.
Who would have expected that the US elects a pro-Putin stooge?

Oh no, not at all. The one guy they found who altered that one page should be held to account. The rest appears to be legit. Is that all you got?
LOL...you think it was "one guy" that was to blame for those FISA court wire taps? Come on, Slade...even R-Derp isn't that naïve!

LOL...you think it was "one guy" that was to blame for those FISA court wire taps? Come on, Slade...even R-Derp isn't that naïve!
That’s what’s been reported from the Horowitz report. Do you have information that says otherwise? Would you care to share?

That’s what’s been reported from the Horowitz report. Do you have information that says otherwise? Would you care to share?

Where pray tell was that mentioned in the Horowitz report?

well it’s being reported that the IG report says that the origins of the Mueller investigation were justified and proper procedure followed and that a low level lawyer may be pursued for tampering with a page in the FISA application.

Do you have intel that says otherwise? Or do you not believe what I’m saying for some reason?

well it’s being reported that the IG report says that the origins of the Mueller investigation were justified and proper procedure followed and that a low level lawyer may be pursued for tampering with a page in the FISA application.

Do you have intel that says otherwise? Or do you not believe what I’m saying for some reason?

For god's sake, Slade! Go read the damn report! I don't know who it is that's "reported" that but the IG report doesn't come to those conclusions! Proper procedures were not followed. The FBI leadership, Comey, Page, Strozek and McCabe are all chastised for their actions or non actions. The Attorney General Lynch is also rebuked for her meeting with Bill Clinton and her subsequent actions or non actions.

As for what I "believe"? I believe that you're relying on the interpretation of others about what the IG report says. It's not a long document. Why haven't you read it yourself?

For god's sake, Slade! Go read the damn report! I don't know who it is that's "reported" that but the IG report doesn't come to those conclusions! Proper procedures were not followed. The FBI leadership, Comey, Page, Strozek and McCabe are all chastised for their actions or non actions. The Attorney General Lynch is also rebuked for her meeting with Bill Clinton and her subsequent actions or non actions.
Page and strozek were demoted for Talking shit about Trump via text. Nothing illegal or relevant to the validity of the russia investigation there. Comey’s big crime was releasing his memos to the press after he was fired but guess what, Barr isn’t indicting, why’s that? Lastly is McCabe who is accused of lying about a leaking intel about the Clinton email investigation to the Wall Street journal. The leak was a procedural to make himself look good and Comey to look bad. It had nothing to do with the substance of the investigation. He corrected the record a few days after the interview saying he was thinking about a different article... wanna put some money down on whether Barr goes after him? And again, nothing to do with the Russia investigation.

The most recent report that’s coming out implicates a low level lawyer for altering a form in the FISA application. That’s it. Nothing else to show that the investigation was a hoax or anything but a valid investigation. And nobody besides possibly that lawyer is going to be charged with any crimes.

face it man, you are on your heels. Your narrative is going from an illegal hoax witch hunt to some improper procedures that weren’t effective to the actual case.

learn the facts and look at both sides of the argument before you dive into these debates and make yourself look like somebody who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Page and strozek were demoted for Talking shit about Trump via text. Nothing illegal or relevant to the validity of the russia investigation there. Comey’s big crime was releasing his memos to the press after he was fired but guess what, Barr isn’t indicting, why’s that? Lastly is McCabe who is accused of lying about a leaking intel about the Clinton email investigation to the Wall Street journal. The leak was a procedural to make himself look good and Comey to look bad. It had nothing to do with the substance of the investigation. He corrected the record a few days after the interview saying he was thinking about a different article... wanna put some money down on whether Barr goes after him? And again, nothing to do with the Russia investigation.

The most recent report that’s coming out implicates a low level lawyer for altering a form in the FISA application. That’s it. Nothing else to show that the investigation was a hoax or anything but a valid investigation. And nobody besides possibly that lawyer is going to be charged with any crimes.

face it man, you are on your heels. Your narrative is going from an illegal hoax witch hunt to some improper procedures that weren’t effective to the actual case.

learn the facts and look at both sides of the argument before you dive into these debates and make yourself look like somebody who doesn’t know what they are talking about.

So let me get this straight...

You think that Strozek "talking shit" about Trump doesn't do anything to the "validity" of the FBI's investigation of collusion? You've got one of the people heading up the FBI's investigation of Trump, telling his lover that he's going to stop Trump from becoming President but that doesn't make you question his handling of the Russia investigation?

I notice you're not quoting the IG's report anymore, Slade! Did you finally read it and discover it doesn't say what you claimed it did? Now you've switched to yet another unnamed "report" you think does? What report might that be?

You actually have the balls to accuse me of talking about things I don't know about? It's obvious that you were talking about something you'd never read when you spoke about the IG's report. I read it. You never did. So who's the person talking about things they don't know about?

The FBI leadership, Comey, Page, Strozek and McCabe are all chastised for their actions or non actions.

Nothing illegal or relevant to the validity of the russia investigation there. Comey’s big crime was releasing his memos to the press after he was fired but guess what, Barr isn’t indicting, why’s that?

NONE of the kinds of actions that Trumpers have claimed...nothing that affected anything

The FBI leadership, Comey, Page, Strozek and McCabe are all chastised for their actions or non actions.

Nothing illegal or relevant to the validity of the russia investigation there. Comey’s big crime was releasing his memos to the press after he was fired but guess what, Barr isn’t indicting, why’s that?

NONE of the kinds of actions that Trumpers have claimed...nothing that affected anything

Their actions didn't affect anything? FBI leadership waiting a month to take action after Anthony Weiner's lap top was found to have tens of thousands of State Department emails on it? Deciding that they should spend the majority of their time looking into Russian "collusion" that they knew was based on Fusion GPS's phony dossiers...paid for by the Clinton campaign while not doing anything with the newly discovered emails?

So let me get this straight...

You think that Strozek "talking shit" about Trump doesn't do anything to the "validity" of the FBI's investigation of collusion? You've got one of the people heading up the FBI's investigation of Trump, telling his lover that he's going to stop Trump from becoming President but that doesn't make you question his handling of the Russia investigation?
no of course not, unless he broke protocol or did something illegal I don’t give a shit if an investigator doesn’t like the subject of his investigation. I’d bet that most cops have some bias against the thugs they are investigating in most cases. Personal feelings are not significant, their actions are.

I notice you're not quoting the IG's report anymore, Slade! Did you finally read it and discover it doesn't say what you claimed it did? Now you've switched to yet another unnamed "report" you think does? What report might that be?

You actually have the balls to accuse me of talking about things I don't know about? It's obvious that you were talking about something you'd never read when you spoke about the IG's report. I read it. You never did. So who's the person talking about things they don't know about?
That funny oldstyle, critic me for not quote of a report that you haven’t quoted once. Help me out for a sec and tell me the meaning of this word... hypocrite

Notice how you didn’t address or refute any of my points. All you did is accuse me of not reading the report because I didn’t quote it. Weak argument man, you can do better than that

Forum List

Back