Bring your guns

Jesus Christ. You don't have the right in a privately held event. Y'alls some thick headed fucks.

Well, pardon me, Ice. i was under the impression that that was this entire thread was about.....
Why do some of you keep bringing up gun rights?

Ice, do you know the title of the OP of this thread?
Do you understand it isn't a rights issue?

Well, since 35,000 people have signed a petition demanding the right to carry arms to the GOP convention, based on the 2nd amendment, and have been denied the right to do that, I would beg to differ with you.

While you have a right to carry arms, you don't have a right to enter other people's property without their permission. And their permission may be contingent on you not bringing arms onto their property. It has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, which simply prevents to GOVERNMENT from infringing on our right to keep and bear arms.

Well, pardon me, Ice. i was under the impression that that was this entire thread was about.....
Why do some of you keep bringing up gun rights?

Ice, do you know the title of the OP of this thread?
Do you understand it isn't a rights issue?

Well, since 35,000 people have signed a petition demanding the right to carry arms to the GOP convention, based on the 2nd amendment, and have been denied the right to do that, I would beg to differ with you.

While you have a right to carry arms, you don't have a right to enter other people's property without their permission. And their permission may be contingent on you not bringing arms onto their property. It has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, which simply prevents to GOVERNMENT from infringing on our right to keep and bear arms.

And I agree 100%. I signed the petition asking for a right to carry guns at the GOP convention, just to force them to find a way to weasel out of the issue, rather than to tell the public that several thousands of armed people at a political convention is a bad idea. They solved the problem by blaming the Secret Service for not letting them allow guns.

"We support the fundamental right to self defense Whereever a law abing citizen has a legal right to be"

From the GOP website under "2nd amendment ".

"We support the fundamental right to self defense Whereever a law abing citizen has a legal right to be"

One doesn't have a legal right to be on someone else's private property.

One doesn't have a legal right to be on someone else's private property.

Why would they have their convention in a venue that doesn't respect their core beliefs? It's not like they are forced to be in that city. Oh, and who said the venue won't allow guns ??

Forum List

Back