Zone1 Broad-brush reparations to all blacks is unconstituional

So ALL six or so businesses at the mall that featured blacks exclusively and ignored whites think focusing ALL their marketing dollars on 14% of the consumers and ignoring 70% of consumers is done for business reasons? Nope. It’s virtue-signaling and “wokeness.”

Businesses always look to their bottom line first. That is a given. 14% maybe the national racial proportion but the racial make up may be different in different areas. Washington DC metropolitan has the largest Black middle and upper class population, which would certainly make it a marketing target for any business looking to expand its consumer base. It isn’t about “woke” it’s about business.

I don’t assume it, but when you limit your applicant pool to 14% of the population, the odds are that the BEST candidate is in the other 86%. Simple statistics.
Not necessarily. You make a lot of assumptions.

You are assuming a Black person who is hired is hired because he’s Black.

You are assuming that because he is Black he can’t be the best candidate.

She is qualified for two reasons:

1) Her application for the job focused SOLELY on the goal of accepting and promoting more people of color. A candidate for an IVY president should have as at least one of her goals academic excellence.

She’s got far more qualifications:

2) She plagarized 40 times in her thesis.
If true, that is a big issue.
Because she never answers questions and dodges. She is clearly over her head. That red-headed gal - can’t think of her name - was really great at her job. But the powers-that-be decided the job would go to a black.
That’s part of the job. Remember Sara Huckabee Sanders?

But Pence isn’t an idiot and can speak intelligently, so he had other redeeming qualities. Harris can’t even complete a sentence without a bunch of word salad that is meaningless.
Pence is an idiot.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It was Japanese Americans who were interred that received reparation, not all Japanese. If we were going to pay reparations it should have been in 1964 when black people were living who actually suffered under Jim Crow laws but even then it would have been almost impossible to determine conclusively who suffered actual damages and who did not. All did not.

Now 60 years after the fact, the idea that all black people have been harmed by Jim Crow laws and are entitled to reparations is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. It is the most blatant form of pandering by a corrupt political party and should be unacceptable to every American regardless of skin color.
Jim Crow did not just suddenly stop in 1964. States opposed the laws and skiirted around them for years. And then you were shown an example from 2020 whereby a member of this forum-Flash was still practicing Jim Crow in 2020. Your ignorance in this matter is astounding.

The government corrected its errors there 60 years ago. I had nothing to do with any of that before or after. I can say with a 100% clear conscience that I have never harmed or discriminated against or demonstrated racist behavior against a black person in my entire life.
So you would agree then that the government corrected it’s errors 43 years ago when it freed the interred Japanese Americans and further reparations should not have been made?

So you tell me. My husband and I live on a very modest income and do without a lot of things it would be nice to have. So you tell me how much of what we have worked for all our lives and the little bit we have saved do we owe to black people for something that happened to them 60 or more years ago? And why do we owe them?
You don’t. And I (in a similar financial situation) don’t. But if the government violated someone or a groups civil and Constitutional rights, they may owe reparation.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
So my husband and I don't have much. But how much of what we have earned and what little we were able to save are you entitled? And give me a good reason that you are entitled to what we worked for?
How old are you and your husband? Because you STILL don't get it. You have been told how this is a case against the the governments of this country and yet you still come with this. So please tell me your ages and I can give you an answer.

What about all of the Black people who died and/or had their lives, homes and businesses destroyed or burned to the ground during the Tulsa race riots in 1921. That was during Jim Crow, hell the insurance company refused to pay any of the claims and the banks refused to as well because the white supremacist powers-that-be decided that a [white race] "riot" was not a coverable event.

View attachment 881107
A very prosperous business district destroyed. How many generations of blacks in Tulsa, the Midwest and America were affected by the loss of these businesses. Some of those businesses could have become large corporations that employ thousands of people in the US. It wasn't called black Wall Street for nothing.

So again tell me what part of the taxes that you will get as reparation did not come from me? Tell me again how much of what I have earned and saved in a life time belongs to you and why.
How much taxes did my parents, grandparents and great grandparents pay so thet your family could get what they have? How much more do blacks have to continue paying in taxes to watch white communities get developed, and white businesses get TIFFS and tax abatements?

So you would agree then that the government corrected it’s errors 43 years ago when it freed the interred Japanese Americans and further reparations should not have been made?

You don’t. And I (in a similar financial situation) don’t. But if the government violated someone or a groups civil and Constitutional rights, they may owe reparation.
Like all Democrats you think the government owns the money it pays out. It doesn't. The government cannot spend a dime that it does not take from the citizens or puts on the citizens' credit card. If the government issues checks for reparations or anything else, it is the American people who is paying the bill.

The reason I am a Republican or at least closer to the Republican Party than any other is that the Republican Party understands that concept a whole lot better than the Democrats do whether or not the Republicans exercise fiscal restraint.

So I just keep asking the question Walter E Williams asked that really made an impression on me. How much of what I earn are you or is anybody else entitled? And what makes you or somebody else entitled to what I earn?

If a black person wants to file a civil suit/complaint against somebody who discriminated against him/her, that is his/her right. I do not see how that person is entitled to what I worked for and earned.

The government corrected its errors there 60 years ago. I had nothing to do with any of that before or after. I can say with a 100% clear conscience that I have never harmed or discriminated against or demonstrated racist behavior against a black person in my entire life.

So you tell me. My husband and I live on a very modest income and do without a lot of things it would be nice to have. So you tell me how much of what we have worked for all our lives and the little bit we have saved do we owe to black people for something that happened to them 60 or more years ago? And why do we owe them?
Oh, are you concerned that a special tax will be levied against the tax payers in the U.S. to pay for the reparations? Something extra that you don't currently pay?

If that's what your objection is then yeah I can understand that. Of course anything can change at any given time but this is what our government did in the past:
The reparations paid to Japanese Americans who were interned during World War II came as a result of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988. The U.S. government officially apologized for the internment and authorized reparations for surviving Japanese American internees. The funds for these reparations came from the federal government's general revenues.
The Civil Liberties Act of 1988, signed into law by President Ronald Reagan, acknowledged the injustice of the internment and provided a formal apology. As part of the reparations, each surviving Japanese American internee who was alive as of the bill's enactment received a tax-free payment of $20,000. The money was intended to symbolize the government's recognition of the wrongs committed against Japanese Americans during the internment period.

The money that goes into the government's general revenue fund comes from various sources, and it primarily consists of tax revenues. Here are some of the key sources of funds for the general revenue fund:
  1. Income Taxes: Both individual and corporate income taxes contribute a significant portion of the revenue. Individuals and businesses pay taxes on their earnings and profits.
  2. Payroll Taxes: Payroll taxes, which fund Social Security and Medicare, are collected from employees and employers. They are often dedicated to specific programs, but a portion goes to the general revenue fund.
  3. Sales Taxes: Many states and local governments impose sales taxes on goods and services. A portion of these taxes may go to the federal government's general revenue fund.
  4. Excise Taxes: Excise taxes are levied on specific goods, such as gasoline, alcohol, and tobacco. The revenue generated from excise taxes contributes to the general fund.
  5. Customs Duties: Taxes on imports and exports, known as customs duties, provide revenue to the government.
  6. Miscellaneous Revenues: This category includes various fees, fines, penalties, and other revenues collected by the government.
  7. Borrowing: In certain situations, the government may borrow money by issuing bonds. The funds raised through borrowing contribute to the general revenue, but they also lead to the creation of government debt.
It's important to note that the allocation of revenues to specific funds or programs can vary, and not all revenues go directly into the general revenue fund. Governments often have different funds for specific purposes, such as trust funds for Social Security or highway construction funds. The allocation of funds is determined by budgetary decisions made by the government.

How old are you and your husband? Because you STILL don't get it. You have been told how this is a case against the the governments of this country and yet you still come with this. So please tell me your ages and I can give you an answer.
Our age is immaterial. We are white. You've told me again and again and again how racist I am. So tell me how much of what we have earned belongs to you. And why.

How much taxes did my parents, grandparents and great grandparents pay so thet your family could get what they have? How much more do blacks have to continue paying in taxes to watch white communities get developed, and white businesses get TIFFS and tax abatements?
I don't know. How much taxes did they pay me? How much of the taxes I paid did you get? Do you think black people are the only ones who pay taxes? That my parents, grandparents, great grandparents didn't pay taxes? Really? That's way over the top and a completely illogical argument even for you. :)

So I ask you again. How much of what I worked for and earned are you entitled? And why are you entitled to it?

Please stop. Go learn American history..

On February 25th, 1913, the sixteenth amendment of the United States Constitution was ratified. This amendment created the income tax. Today,every working American must pay income tax unless their income is below a certain level. Most states began income taxes during Jim Crow Apartheid, and working blacks paid income taxes that helped states implement policies enforcing apartheid.

More than fifty billion dollars was spent on The New Deal and Servicemen’s Readjustment Act. That amount is the equivalent to just over 1 trillion dollars today. Both programs are credited with providing a significant boost to wealth accumulation in America. These programs created the white middle class of today. Both policies excluded vast numbers of blacks who worked and paid taxes. Federal housing policies kept blacks segregated in poorly built or maintained property using tax dollars working blacks paid.

Whites made race an issue and benefited from it. The damage caused by this will not be fixed by ignoring color. What you propose keeps things the same, including racial animosity.
There always has been a bottom threshold below which no income tax is paid. I’ve shown you in the past the no black Americans made the threshold to pay income tax when it started. Few Americans did; the income tax was designed to be paid by the well off and rich. Even in Jim Crow days few blacks broke the threshold. In 1960 the mean family income was $5,600.00. As you have repeatedly pointed out, blacks made considerably less that that. If they paid any income tax at all, it was a minuscule amount. You can’t have it both ways either blacks made enough money to pay their fair share of taxes or they didn’t. Which was it?

You keep making this sound as if you & your husband would be required to pay for a civil judgement in which case, if you live in a community property state, you share assets as well as debt. Reparations are different.

If ALL OF US are required to pay income, sales taxes, etc. and the government decides to use some of that money to pay reparations why would it matter to you if 1) you're obligated to pay the taxes irrespective of how the government disburses that money, and 2) the reparations are paid at no extra cost in taxes to you and your husband?

It's not personal, it wouldn't affect you personally to the best of my knowledge.

Where there's smoke there's fire? Surely he's not the only one doing this especially if he managed to get away with it for as long as he claims.
IM2 has never been able to find another example, that’s why he trots this one out all the time. It was a criminal action.

You keep making this sound as if you & your husband would be required to pay for a civil judgement in which case, if you live in a community property state, you share assets as well as debt. Reparations are different.

If ALL OF US are required to pay income, sales taxes, etc. and the government decides to use some of that money to pay reparations why would it matter to you if 1) you're obligated to pay the taxes irrespective of how the government disburses that money, and 2) the reparations are paid at no extra cost in taxes to you and your husband?

It's not personal, it wouldn't affect you personally to the best of my knowledge.
To pay the vast amount of reparations money that is being demanded, either government spending would have to be radically cut or a special tax would have to be levied. And since blacks aren’t going to allow their reparations to be taxed, that special tax will fall on all the other races.

Oh, are you concerned that a special tax will be levied against the tax payers in the U.S. to pay for the reparations? Something extra that you don't currently pay?

If that's what your objection is then yeah I can understand that. Of course anything can change at any given time but this is what our government did in the past:
The reparations paid to Japanese Americans who were interned during World War II came as a result of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988. The U.S. government officially apologized for the internment and authorized reparations for surviving Japanese American internees. The funds for these reparations came from the federal government's general revenues.
The Civil Liberties Act of 1988, signed into law by President Ronald Reagan, acknowledged the injustice of the internment and provided a formal apology. As part of the reparations, each surviving Japanese American internee who was alive as of the bill's enactment received a tax-free payment of $20,000. The money was intended to symbolize the government's recognition of the wrongs committed against Japanese Americans during the internment period.

The money that goes into the government's general revenue fund comes from various sources, and it primarily consists of tax revenues. Here are some of the key sources of funds for the general revenue fund:
  1. Income Taxes: Both individual and corporate income taxes contribute a significant portion of the revenue. Individuals and businesses pay taxes on their earnings and profits.
  2. Payroll Taxes: Payroll taxes, which fund Social Security and Medicare, are collected from employees and employers. They are often dedicated to specific programs, but a portion goes to the general revenue fund.
  3. Sales Taxes: Many states and local governments impose sales taxes on goods and services. A portion of these taxes may go to the federal government's general revenue fund.
  4. Excise Taxes: Excise taxes are levied on specific goods, such as gasoline, alcohol, and tobacco. The revenue generated from excise taxes contributes to the general fund.
  5. Customs Duties: Taxes on imports and exports, known as customs duties, provide revenue to the government.
  6. Miscellaneous Revenues: This category includes various fees, fines, penalties, and other revenues collected by the government.
  7. Borrowing: In certain situations, the government may borrow money by issuing bonds. The funds raised through borrowing contribute to the general revenue, but they also lead to the creation of government debt.
It's important to note that the allocation of revenues to specific funds or programs can vary, and not all revenues go directly into the general revenue fund. Governments often have different funds for specific purposes, such as trust funds for Social Security or highway construction funds. The allocation of funds is determined by budgetary decisions made by the government.
We know the Japanese that we unjustly interred were harmed. They were deprived of their freedom. So I have no problem with compensating them for something bad done to them by our government even though under martial law it was deemed legal at the time. Certainly Japanese Americans who were not interred, which would be most of them, were not paid any compensation.

I have no problem with reasonable compensation to any black person who can demonstrate unreasonable illegal physical or material harm done to him/her by a state government or any individual under Jim Crow laws. Jim Crow laws were state laws upheld by SCOTUS Plessy v Ferguson and therefore the state or the defendant should pay any compensation deemed due. The federal government should not be liable.

Last edited:

Oh you know how it goes. A billion here, a billion there and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

It matters to me because I know what the government spends is the people's money. It is money they worked hard for. Or it is money that will have to be repaid by the time and labor of the children and grandchildren for decades to come. Every frivolous or unjust or gratuitous or wasted or unnecessary dollar the government spends to curry favor and buy votes or whatever takes money from the necessary shared infrastructure, shared national parks, security of our borders and our well being etc. etc. etc. in which all citizens share the expense.

I know it goes right over the head of big government Democrats but the money is not the property of the government. It is the property of the people.

So what of what I earn, have earned, have saved are you entitled? And why are you entitled to it?

Last edited:

“If you are not in the arena getting your ass kicked on occasion, I am not interested in or open to your feedback. There are a million cheap seats in the world today filled with people who will never be brave with their own lives, but will spend every ounce of energy they have hurling advice and judgement at those of us trying to dare greatly. Their only contributions are criticism, cynicism, and fear-mongering. If you're criticizing from a place where you're not also putting yourself on the line, I'm not interested in your feedback.”​

― Brené Brown

said this woman>>>

7D55933E-2BDE-40CA-A141-851BCED607E7.jpeg

Jim Crow did not just suddenly stop in 1964. States opposed the laws and skiirted around them for years. And then you were shown an example from 2020 whereby a member of this forum-Flash was still practicing Jim Crow in 2020. Your ignorance in this matter is astounding.
Evergreen college in Olympia Washington.

Every “multicultural center“ on every campus everywhere. DEI is so insane, that liberals think black people need a black doctor for proper healthcare. You are Jim-crowing yourself, with the guidance of white liberals,

U.S. freeways flattened Black neighborhoods nationwide​

Syracuse wasn't the only city where Black residents were displaced by the U.S. freeway-building boom of the 1950s and 1960s.

Across the country, local officials saw the proposed interstate system as a convenient way to demolish what they regarded as "slum" neighborhoods near their downtown business districts, historians say. With the federal government picking up 90% of the cost, freeway construction made it easier for politicians and business leaders to pursue their own "urban renewal" projects after residents were evicted.

"It was a mistake that many cities were making," said University of California, Irvine law professor Joseph DiMento, an expert in the policies of the freeway-building era. "The reasons they were built were heavily for removal of Blacks from certain areas."

*In Miami, Interstate 95 was routed through Overtown, a Black neighborhood known as the "Harlem of the South," rather than a nearby abandoned rail corridor.

*In Nashville, Interstate 40 took a noticeable swerve, bisecting the Black community of North Nashville.

*In Montgomery, Alabama, the state highway director, a high-level officer of the Ku Klux Klan, routed Interstate 85 through a neighborhood where many Black civil rights leaders lived, rather than choosing an alternate route on vacant land.

*In New Orleans and Kansas City, officials re-routed freeways from white neighborhoods to integrated or predominantly Black areas.

The interstate highway system destroyed black communities. They ended businesses and prosperity. Generational wealth was lost, this stuff happening 60-70 years impacts blacks right now. Again people need to research everything that happened before responding with the same tired race hustled white right wing opinions.

We know the Japanese that we unjustly interred were harmed. They were deprived of their freedom. So I have no problem with compensating them for something bad done to them by our government even though under martial law it was deemed legal at the time. Certainly Japanese Americans who were not interred, which would be most of them, were not paid any compensation.

I have no problem with reasonable compensation to any black person who can demonstrate unreasonable illegal physical or material harm done to him/her by a state government or any individual under Jim Crow laws. Jim Crow laws were state laws upheld by SCOTUS Plessy v Ferguson and therefore the state or the defendant should pay any compensation deemed due. The federal government should not be liable.
Plessy was a Federal Supreme Court decision.

Forum List

Back