Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, And Martial Arts In General Videos And Discussion

Maybe the greatest martial arts actor, sure.

I don't know how one would measure the greatest martial artist, really. Maybe the greatest at a particular style/technique, or in a certain competition, but it seems like far too broad a range to try to claim someone is simply the greatest martial artist. :dunno:
I don't believe in measuring dicks. I don't think it matters all that much who could win a fight. I think it's a matter of who influenced the direction martial arts took the most.

I don't know how one would measure the greatest martial artist, really. Maybe the greatest at a particular style/technique, or in a certain competition, but it seems like far too broad a range to try to claim someone is simply the greatest martial artist. :dunno:
I don't believe in measuring dicks. I don't think it matters all that much who could win a fight. I think it's a matter of who influenced the direction martial arts took the most.

Did Lee influence how martial arts are taught/learned/performed, or was it more how they are perceived, do you think?

Did Lee influence how martial arts are taught/learned/performed, or was it more how they are perceived, do you think?
I think what he did more than anything was turn it into something millions of Americans wanted to learn.
He's also the Grandfather of MMA.

Jackie Chan Remembers Fighting With Bruce Lee in ‘Enter the Dragon’
Chan posted a wistful remembrance of his time on set with the actor in a recent Instagram video.

Bruce Lee returned to the spotlight this past summer thanks to his cameo portrayal by Mike Moh in Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” Now, in a recent Instagram post, Jackie Chan remembers being on the set with the Hong Kong-America, martial-arts icon during the making of “Enter the Dragon.” That film made Lee a star the world over, and was one of Chan’s earliest appearances — as “Thug in Prison,” per IMDb.

On the Instagram account run by Lee’s daughter, Shannon Lee, Chan recalls wanting “Bruce Lee to hold me for as long as possible.”

Bruce Lee’s appearance in “Once Upon the Time in Hollywood” has been the subject of much scrutiny in recent months, with Shannon Lee slamming the film’s portrayal of her father, and director Tarantino rushing to defend it. While Shannon Lee says the film shows her dad as an “arrogant asshole who was full of hot air,” Tarantino told the press, “Bruce Lee was kind of an arrogant guy… The way he was talking, I didn’t just make a lot of that up. I heard him say things like that to that effect. If people are saying, ‘Well he never said he could beat up Muhammad Ali,’ well, yeah, he did. All right? Not only did he say that, but his wife, Linda Lee, said that in her first biography I ever read. She absolutely said that.” Jackie Chan Remembers Fighting With Bruce Lee in ‘Enter the Dragon’

Jackie Chan being killed by Bruce Lee in "Enter The Dragon"

Bruce was loaded with fast-twitch muscle fiber, and his response time to movement was near instantaneous.

His "Tao of Jeet Kun Do", published posthumously is an interesting combination of philosophy and training notes.

Bruce was loaded with fast-twitch muscle fiber, and his response time to movement was near instantaneous.

His "Tao of Jeet Kun Do", published posthumously is an interesting combination of philosophy and training notes.
He invented new ways of developing his speed.

I was a Cross-country and track athlete when I was in H.S.
I used to run long distances and develop my endurance.
I noticed when I was playing football....all I did was sprint.....so I was fast.
Then when I went into the Army I developed my endurance thru running long distances.....so this slowed me down greatly.

Speed comes from flexibility....strength....and repetition.
Bruce worked on it constantly.....so he was really fast.

Forum List

Back