Bruins Fans in Boston

Possibly less racism than it is that Boston sports fans in general seem to take a particular pride in being the biggest bunch of unruly louts in the world.

You've clearly never seen England's football fans abroad. Picture plastic lawn chairs and house bricks being chucked across a continental marketplace, broken shop windows, blood streaming down the faces of tourists and riot police engaging drunken Englishmen with batons and water cannons. And that's just over a friendly.

Possibly less racism than it is that Boston sports fans in general seem to take a particular pride in being the biggest bunch of unruly louts in the world.

You've clearly never seen England's football fans abroad. Picture plastic lawn chairs and house bricks being chucked across a continental marketplace, broken shop windows, blood streaming down the faces of tourists and riot police engaging drunken Englishmen with batons and water cannons. And that's just over a friendly.
For the love of God, don't give them any ideas! :lol:

I've said before in other threads on this forum that despite the reputation the southern U.S. has for being a bunch of racists, I never heard the amount of racist language when I lived in South Carolina than I did growing up in Boston. Those blue collar union Irish Massholes are some of the biggest bigots you'll ever come across.

I've said before in other threads on this forum that despite the reputation the southern U.S. has for being a bunch of racists, I never heard the amount of racist language when I lived in South Carolina than I did growing up in Boston. Those blue collar union Irish Massholes are some of the biggest bigots you'll ever come across.

The same can be said of the Irish wherever they're found, I'm afraid. The only explanation I can think of is that their deep sense of inferiority compared to their English neighbours has manifested itself in bigotry towards others as a means of compensating for their cultural inferiority complex. That, and they're prone to drinking massive amounts of cabbage vodka, which is bound to bring their frustration to the fore. The Saxon has always held tthe whip over the Irish. Let's hope that responsibility is never threatened.

The same can be said of the Irish wherever they're found, I'm afraid. The only explanation I can think of is that their deep sense of inferiority compared to their English neighbours has manifested itself in bigotry towards others as a means of compensating for their cultural inferiority complex. That, and they're prone to drinking massive amounts of cabbage vodka, which is bound to bring their frustration to the fore. The Saxon has always held tthe whip over the Irish. Let's hope that responsibility is never threatened.

I know the Irish were used as slave drivers and later to police Black neighborhoods in areas of the country. That may have something to do with it since racism is taught.

I would have to agree.

Yeah, well be sure and get back to us when you Saxons get caught up on the marvels of even decades old dentistry.

I agree, I'm from Long Island and now live in Virginia. There was much more racial polarization up there. I was stationed down here 25+ years ago and now I returned over a decade ago, I had that same assessment even 25+ years ago. Granted , both times I lived down here, it was close to military bases and colleges., as well as tourist destinations.

That's an inaccurate and blanket over- generalization about Irish people. Maybe you are referring to the Northern Irish who align with you? Were the Irish trying to conquer England or was England invading them?

Those few tweeting idiots do NOT represent Boston or Bruins fans in general. All day long Bruins fans in Boston have been denouncing that nonsense. Don't swallow too much exaggerated extrapolation or you might choke yourself.

When team pride enters into the realm of insulting an opposing players race, religion, or family, that is in poor taste and is a reflection of pure ignorance and uncivilized stupidity.

The same "louts" who behaved that way, in most cases probably never even played a sport, otherwise they would not have descended to that level.

Forum List

Back